News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Rogers sportscaster Dana McKeil said he found grenades among the possessions of his late father, a military veteran, Doug Ford joked: “Do me a favour, those grenades, can you send a couple down to city hall? We might need a couple down there, just to straighten the guys out a little bit.”

Careful what you say, Doug. Unless you want to have a search done when you enter city hall?

i didn't realize threats made on their radio show was a pattern...
Anonymous
June 9, 2013 / 19:08

just listened to the mayor and doug on their weekly radio show on cfrb 1010. globe and mail wrote an article about it today. the globe didnt mention that both rob and doug were laughing about throwing adam vaughan off the top of city hall. how is that acceptable content on a public radio show, let alone from the freaking mayor!? all of the media took well documented offense to being called maggots on the same radio program, however, i am much more offended that they jest about murder.
political office is about more than simply fiscal management. they're representatives of our city. role models for our children. they complain that the media are bullying them while they joke about throwing an elected official off the top of city hall.
a statement needs to be made from the police as to whether the mayor's office is under investigation. there is so much speculation about violence connected to the mayor's office and now he is making jokes about murdering his colleagues on public radio.

http://www.torontomike.com/2013/06/windsor_road_house_from_rob_fo.html#comment-238309

@Anom 19:18- It is kind of disturbing with all the violence surrounding the Ford's to be so full of themselves to even joke about mafia style hit on people. It's bizarre psyche on their part. To add to that, the Fords were complaining just this week about threats to him, and then say something like that. Just shows how disingenuous these guys are.

BTW, this is the second time the Fords made public about threats they feel that went to them or their family. No other politician (left or right) I could recall does that. I'm sure other's get it as well, from my understanding authorities want to keep those threats on the low key so it doesn't encourage others or embolden the people doing it. But the Ford twice already has gone public with theirs. These guys always need to portray themselves as "victims" more than anybody else. Both times the Ford come out with that, is when there was controversy around them & to deflect it. Show how low they would stoop.

http://www.torontomike.com/2013/06/windsor_road_house_from_rob_fo.html#comment-238344

Last edited:
Someone had told a friend of mine he used to buy hash from Doug back in the day. This was long before any of these scandals broke.

so they went from selling to buying?

Rob Ford purchases his crack cocaine from a crew of Toronto drug dealers that service a veritable who's who of A-list...Torontonians? Torontites? Anyway, a lot of prominent people in Toronto purchase and enjoy crack and powder cocaine, and they all buy it from the same folks. The same folks Ford buys it from. Ford's longtime friend, people on his staff, his brother, a prominent hockey analyst, and more.

http://gawker.com/for-sale-a-video-of-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-smoking-cra-507736569

or they've done both or either at different times? i'm not sure which direction the drug flow is going...

food for thought...

Torontosy
June 16, 2013 / 10:29

The following is an accusation that can't be discounted, given how it appears that Rob Ford is so intimate with crack, people associated with crack and taking photographs with dealers of crack in front of homes of people convicted of crack dealing. It is one of the comments posted on the Global TV youtube link I gave above:

Here is an interesting concept that could very well be true.

The Mayors Office and the Toronto Police Dept have their hands in on the drug sales on the streets of Toronto. They control who does it and they get their cut of the profits.

It appears that the current relationship with the Dealers and the Authorities has gone sour.

As soon as the media got involved and the scandal began, the PR teams started damage control and mass amounts of troops went into clean up mode.

http://www.torontomike.com/2013/06/windsor_road_house_from_rob_fo.html#comment-238698

Given the alluded seaminess of everything, don't be surprised if it's not merely a matter of sex workers, but of sex workers "disappearing"--no, I'm not saying the Fords are like the Picktons; but I wouldn't be surprised if their "procurers" are under investigation for this-and-that (Lisi not excepted).

I don't want to go too far out on a limb w/that; it's more by way of affirming the shruggy innocuousness if it were simply a matter of Rob using prostitutes and that's that...

Torontosy
June 18, 2013 / 11:30

Hi, I haven't listened to the Dean Blundell with Robyn Doolittle show until now. But I've found links to the both times that Robyn Doolittle was on the show:

Apparently she was on the June 7th show but I can't find where, so perhaps someone can, from 57:20 of this:
LINK

Note the Toronto Star Tim "Illenciak" and Jesse "McLain" went through Etobicoke for weeks looking for the building.

She divulged a confidential source, that Dave Profett who was visiting the home, said that Fabio Basso was old friends with Ford.

Apparently most people say Anthony Smith was not involved in drugs. Yet obviously someone brought drugs for them?

Doolittle says the picture says the picture is at night. That he's not in his official clothing, he is looking grubby, not in his official capacity.

However, I do not hear anything that foreshadowed the Dixon gang connections.

At 5:36 or before of the May 27 show, and again at the 44:20 mark, and most importantly at the 1:05:00 mark they start talking about Ford: LINK

At th 1:05:00 mark, Doolittle says she has contacts in gangs and this is part "of a larger story". But the Star has never written about this "larger story", has it?

Torontosy
June 18, 2013 / 11:37

At the 1:06:07 mark, she is asked what will be unfolding in the future and what comment she has to John Stackhouse saying lots will come out in the future? She says this... "what can I say... Star's main objective is to get the video out, and we are trying hard not to compromise that". Was she talking about the Police letting her know not to compromise their planned crackdown, and their threats to arrest the journalists if they compromise that?

http://www.torontomike.com/2013/06/windsor_road_house_from_rob_fo.html#comment-238812

Anonymous
June 19, 2013 / 11:54

i havent listened to the second blundell interview, thnx.

the first interview both blundell and to a lesser extent doolittle said that the ford scandal was connected to a larger drug trade in toronto. blundell said that he couldnt say at the time but that toronto would be shocked when it came out. the star wrote an article in dec. 2012 about ford getting kicked out of a bar for being way too intoxicated. blundell provided a quote for that article, even tho he wasnt there. if u read between the lines it seems pretty clear that ford was on coke. sarah thomson had to research the behaviour patterns of someone on coke. most councillors wouldnt recognize it. but i'd trust the bouncers, dj, bartenders to know and when to throw someone out bc that cant handle their coke. ford staffers were there too, not sure which ones but probably some that jumped ship recently bc they know the truth.

http://www.torontomike.com/2013/06/windsor_road_house_from_rob_fo.html#comment-238904

Last edited:
Holy shit, could you stop copying and pasting months old comments from blog posts? If any of that was relevant, it was discussed here when it was current. And at the very least, if you're going to post, post your own thoughts.

Holy shit, could you stop copying and pasting months old comments from blog posts? If any of that was relevant, it was discussed here when it was current. And at the very least, if you're going to post, post your own thoughts.

i'm just trying to pull together evidence of a (the?) bigger story.

sometimes it's good to look back at older info once you've learned something new.

again... for those that don't like my posts, please just skip them. lots gets posted on here that i don't care about... so when i see one of those posts, i don't bother to read it. i'd never think of trying to get those posts to stop 'cause others might like them / want that.

again... for those that don't like my posts, please just skip them. lots gets posted on here that i don't care about... so when i see one of those posts, i don't bother to read it. i'd never think of trying to get those posts to stop 'cause others might like them / want that.

Uh - when you post big walls of text in succession, you drive down the signal to noise ratio in the thread and it actually makes it hard to figure out what's what. In other words - it's hard to ignore your posts because we have to search through them to find the end to see if there's another comment buried in between it and your next massive post. Taking the attitude of "skip it if you don't like it!" is, well, lazy and inconsiderate. Any of the posts above could be summed up in a single sentence and a link.

Also, try not to quote yourself. Use the "Edit Post" button if you want to go back and add something to a post. Quoting yourself is generally considered bad form, even if it's not explicitly laid out in the rules.

Uh - when you post big walls of text in succession, you drive down the signal to noise ratio in the thread and it actually makes it hard to figure out what's what. In other words - it's hard to ignore your posts because we have to search through them to find the end to see if there's another comment buried in between it and your next massive post. Taking the attitude of "skip it if you don't like it!" is, well, lazy and inconsiderate. Any of the posts above could be summed up in a single sentence and a link.

Also, try not to quote yourself. Use the "Edit Post" button if you want to go back and add something to a post. Quoting yourself is generally considered bad form, even if it's not explicitly laid out in the rules.

ugh. i hope this is the last time i have to spend time on this.

i do edit.

others have said they learn from what i post when quoting.

i add my own thoughts when necessary, but i don't mind considering the thoughts of others (yes, even on other blogs and yes, unparaphrased) and i share them here for others to consider too.

saying skip it isn't lazy... it's how a forum is able to contain different people with different likes and different approaches.

if i'm continuing a thought that i started, you will see me quote myself.

phew.

i'm just trying to pull together evidence of a (the?) bigger story.

sometimes it's good to look back at older info once you've learned something new.

"lots gets posted on here that i don't care about..."

yeah, but you only just started posting, and you're posting like 80 times a day on the thread. i skip lots of things too, but the sheer amount of copied material you are posting is REALLY clogging up the discussion. also, we all have google, we all have the internet. we know how to do research. we're not on here to play cub reporter, or 'uncover the mystery of Rob Ford's crime'. in other words, this isn't 'Cold Case'. also there are people who post here who know things, who are genuine insiders. they post here for a reason. the level you're operating at isn't adding anything, and may even discourage real information from emerging.

Yeah.

Evvabeing, forum etiquette on the internet is a thing that exists and you're choosing to ignore that despite it having been explained to you so you can shit up the thread with what amounts to spam. Please, please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back