8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway...

Thanks for all the updates MM. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens the next few weeks.

We also don't care about silly media stories that don't involve PROOF. It's amazing how an alleged video of ford dragged on for as long as it did, but now we are going to have to listen to a couple months about a bogus wiretap that nobody will every be able to listen to, just like the video nobody ever got to see?

You're right and I'm completely wrong about the whole thing. Rob is totally innocent and this whole thing is a left wing conspiracy fabricated by the Toronto Star, Globe and Mail and Toronto Sun and Mark Towhey. Ford is an upstanding member of society that just happens to hang with gang members and drug dealers (who all end up shot or dead or arrested).

Seriously though... what part of the crack scandal do you not believe? Anybody with even a moderate level of intelligence that has followed this saga closely now realizes something REAL is going on here. So really - tell me what part you don't believe - either myself or someone else here will tell you why you're likely wrong.

I think by the beginning of his next 4 year term or end of it, us people living in Scarborough, will finally see the wheels in motion to getting Subways.

We vote for Ford because he doesn't act like a puppet, he acts like a human being. And he doesn't have a fake personality like the Liberal "Subway Champion" Mitzy.

We also don't care about silly media stories that don't involve PROOF. It's amazing how an alleged video of ford dragged on for as long as it did, but now we are going to have to listen to a couple months about a bogus wiretap that nobody will every be able to listen to, just like the video nobody ever got to see?

Sorry to rant, but also tell me this. Why is it that when you look on Twitter, most of the people who are against Ford, are completely bullies! In a day of age where bullying is not tolerated anymore, why is it okay for a bunch of trolls to make fun of his weight and nobody to oppose that and say "Hey, he is human too".

Maybe when you guys become HUMAN, you will see why people vote for Ford. If you don't like his policies, then give us someone to vote for who isn't so fake.

Thank you Mr. Price, i mean uh, "Dave".

We appreciate your assistance but a lot has happened since the Ford's whisked you out of public view a month ago.

I know that you were being held in a windowless room without access to the internet or newspapers (the Sun excepted of course!). But now that you have been released it is imperative that you please review your Ford Crisis Management Folder (it's under your economy-size package of Rizla rolling papers), as it contains pertinent information regarding changes in our strategy.

It is now late August. We no longer rant about "silly media stories that don't involve PROOF." We also no longer refer to the video as "alleged", or claim that "no one will ever get to see" said video. Further, we no longer make mention of "bogus wiretaps".

Please update your talking points accordingly. Thanks for your help!

yours,

The Family

Sorry to rant, but also tell me this. Why is it that when you look on Twitter, most of the people who are against Ford, are completely bullies! In a day of age where bullying is not tolerated anymore, why is it okay for a bunch of trolls to make fun of his weight and nobody to oppose that and say "Hey, he is human too".
Because Twitter isn't The McLaughlin Group. Yes, there are some that tweet intelligent things but there are also a lot of people that post stupid things like "Lolz, I smoke CrAcK wit FoRD". Also, we live in a very superficial world, unfortunately, and those that don't have anything intellectual to say resort to commenting on his appearance and are most likely to do that for whoever they're talking about and therefore what's the point in having a debate with them? They're most likely teenagers.

If this proves true, and we're not talking about soliciting weed, which we all now know Rob Ford "smokes a lot of", then we should all be questioning the TPS here. How can they let this guy remain mayor, knowing what they know. Soliciting drugs is a crime. If they have evidence, how dare they not act on it, particularly when public interest is supposedly at stake?

This is an important question. If in fact police intercepted a conversation in which Rob Ford solicited drugs the question is why hasn't Ford been arrested on a drug offense by now? We know that police were aware last spring - by way of a wiretap - of the existence of the crack video. When they became aware of Ford's association with drug gangs did police place a wiretap on Fords phone? If not why not?

Did Toronto Police pursue Rob Ford with the same vigor they would a regular citizen who they believe is involved in the drug trade? If not why not? We know that Rob Ford was visited by Police at his home. Was this for the purpose of tipping him off that he was coming up on their radar screen and that he had to be careful with who he associates with? Who exactly visited Ford in his home? Was it Ford family friend - Supt Ron Taverner - Commander of 23 Divison?

If in fact police intercepted Rob Ford soliciting drugs on a wiretap the immediate response must be to call in an outside police force to: a) assume control of investigations related to Ford b) investigate whether Bill Blair and / or his senior deputies were covering up for Rob Ford. If there has been a cover-up high up inside the TPS those responsible must be criminally charged with obstruction of justice.

Last edited:
I think by the beginning of his next 4 year term or end of it, us people living in Scarborough, will finally see the wheels in motion to getting Subways.

We vote for Ford because he doesn't act like a puppet, he acts like a human being. And he doesn't have a fake personality like the Liberal "Subway Champion" Mitzy.

I hope you realize that the Scarborough Subway will bring zero benefits over the currently funded SRT conversion. The speed/reliability of the subway is exactly the same as the currently planned SRT to LRT conversion and travel times are more or less identical (give or take a few seconds). But not all things are equal. The subway will have less ridership than the LRT because it will be significantly further from major commercial areas than the current LRT plan. In other words, the Scarborough Subway extension will be significantly less beneficial to Scarborough residents than the current LRT plan. And to make things even worse, the subway plan has a greater cost than the far more beneficial LRT conversion plan.

I recommend you read the reports about the SRT conversion and Scarborough Subway and check out what experts have to say about the issue. It should help you come to a more informed decision.

This is an important question. If in fact police intercepted a conversation in which Rob Ford solicited drugs the question is why hasn't Ford been arrested on a drug offense by now? We know that police were aware last spring - by way of a wiretap - of the existence of the crack video. When they became aware of Ford's association with drug gangs did police place a wiretap on Fords phone? If not why not?

Did Toronto Police pursue Rob Ford with the same vigor they would a regular citizen who they believe is involved in the drug trade? If not why not? We know that Rob Ford was visited by Police at his home. Was this for the purpose of tipping him off that he was coming up on their radar screen and that he had to be careful with who he associates with? Who exactly visited Ford in his home? Was it Ford family friend - Supt Ron Taverner - Commander of 23 Divison?

If in fact police intercepted Rob Ford soliciting drugs on a wiretap the immediate response must be to call in an outside police force to: a) assume control of investigations related to Ford b) investigate whether Bill Blair and / or his senior deputies were covering up for Rob Ford. If there has been a cover-up high up inside the TPS those responsible must be criminally charged with obstruction of justice.

I'm not generally a conspiracy guy, but it would be absolutely in the TPS' best interests to have a Mayor in office that has some proof of criminal activity hanging over his head. Charging him and getting him removed from office would get them nothing.

I hope you realize that the Scarborough Subway will bring zero benefits over the currently funded SRT conversion. The speed/reliability of the subway is exactly the same as the currently planned SRT to LRT conversion and travel times are more or less identical (give or take a few seconds). But not all things are equal. The subway will have less ridership than the LRT because it will be significantly further from major commercial areas than the current LRT plan. In other words, the Scarborough Subway extension will be significantly less beneficial to Scarborough residents than the current LRT plan. And to make things even worse, the subway plan has a greater cost than the far more beneficial LRT conversion plan.

I recommend you read the reports about the SRT conversion and Scarborough Subway and check out what experts have to say about the issue. It should help you come to a more informed decision.

I think HaveLove is a kid, and will probably pick up on what's really going on eventually. As it is, at least he's showing an interest in the city, misguided as it is. That's more than you can say for most teenagers.

I should add that I don't really know how old HaveLove is, but the bullying comments sort of give off a vibe.

I'm not generally a conspiracy guy, but it would be absolutely in the TPS' best interests to have a Mayor in office that has some proof of criminal activity hanging over his head. Charging him and getting him removed from office would get them nothing.

Agreed.. but on the other hand if this is a cover up it's the worst cover up ever.

If they wanted to make this story go away, when Blair was asked if the mayor was involved in Project Traveller etc. he would have given a strong denial. Denied the video, denied the photograph and denied any involvement of the mayor or his office. Instead, he gave a "I can't give any information about that" over and over and over... which we all realized meant "yes".

So on one hand I agree with you but on the other I think the TPS actions so far seem to indicate the opposite.

Maybe when you guys become HUMAN, you will see why people vote for Ford. If you don't like his policies, then give us someone to vote for who isn't so fake.

I thought even the most die hard Ford supporters had abandoned the media conspiracy angle. While visual proof (all lower case) has not been offered up in a youtube video yet, the constant onslaught of revelations since the scandal broke makes it impossible at this point to refute the original story without resorting to baseless theories or strawman arguments about his average guy qualities. Btw, the theory that the media is conspiring to bring down "regular guy" Ford has absolutely no evidence, while the theory that Ford bought and smoked crack becomes more detailed every day. In order to make the media conspiracy work today, please explain the numerous reports that the TPS is investigating the Mayor and his entourage. If this were false info, the police would be the first to refute it.

Pointing out that some idiots refer to his weight on Twitter only proves that there are idiots on twitter. When I post about the Mayor on Twitter, I tend to focus on his incompetence, though I do sometimes venture into his habitual lying, tendency not to work full days like most normal people, or his links to organized criminals. These topics are fair game and are not attacks on his family or physical appearance.

The fact some Ford supporters are fine with a leader who represents Toronto on our behalf, while at the same time gets high with a gun running drug gang is pathetic. This should never be considered normal behaviour for any mayor, nor normal for any politician's supporters to tacitly permit in good conscience.

Why do you say that?

The City of Toronto/TTC report last month said that the projected 2031 annual ridership of the extension was 36 million people compared to only 31 million for the LRT - http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-60240.pdf

Really? My apologies. I'll have to go over the report again. Last time I read them were a few months ago.

Anyways, most people will agree that spending billions of dollars for a subway, even if it will attract 6 million more riders 18 years from now, is a poor way to spend money. We have much higher transit priorities, such as the relief line, which will help free up ridership on the Yonge and Bloor-Danforth Subways.

I think HaveLove is a kid, and will probably pick up on what's really going on eventually. As it is, at least he's showing an interest in the city, misguided as it is. That's more than you can say for most teenagers.

I should add that I don't really know how old HaveLove is, but the bullying comments sort of give off a vibe.

Don't underestimate the youth. I know many that seem to have a much better understanding of the issues/politics than most adults and even some politicians. I honestly trust some of them to properly expand our transit system far more than I do Ford, Stintz and others.

Ford had a bit of a George W. Bush moment today while shopping at Staples. “things are unravelling like they should. That’s what the taxpayers want. They want subways.” http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/29/rob-ford-stocks-up-on-school-supplies/ What's with Ford's daughter kicking store merchandise? That's some good parenting right there.

Yeah, there definitely seems to be a pent-up hyper-and-out-of-control issue w/the Ford kids, who up to this time have been silent background protoplasm at best. Hate to be sitting next to that family at some roadside Denny's en route to Florida...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back