News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside from everything, I was intrigued by the inference in NOW that re the Ward 3 appointment/replacement idea, the Fords were really most fearful of Chris Stockwell being appointed--not on ideological grounds (after all, Stockwell'd be a very likely faithful "Gang of 5 or 10" voter), but because in a battle-of-the-incumbents, he defeated Doug Ford Sr. for the Etobicoke Centre Tory nomination in 1999...

You're right and I'm completely wrong about the whole thing. Rob is totally innocent and this whole thing is a left wing conspiracy fabricated by the Toronto Star, Globe and Mail and Toronto Sun and Mark Towhey. Ford is an upstanding member of society that just happens to hang with gang members and drug dealers (who all end up shot or dead or arrested).

Seriously though... what part of the crack scandal do you not believe? Anybody with even a moderate level of intelligence that has followed this saga closely now realizes something REAL is going on here. So really - tell me what part you don't believe - either myself or someone else here will tell you why you're likely wrong.

Please don't get so uptight, relax a bit. I never said anybody is right or wrong, I simply stated a couple of my personal opinions, that is why this board is here correct?

My intelligence level is fine thank you, and just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you should insult them, you're just being a childish "troll". The part that I don't believe, is the fact that no video has ever surfaced for so many months but people still talk about it and it's just silly. Just because he took a picture with two people who happen to be involved in crime, doesn't make him "hanging out with drug dealers".

All in all, if there was an actual video, even the Ford supporters wouldn't support him and move on with their lives. He doesn't mean everything to us just because we vote for him.

Thank you Mr. Price, i mean uh, "Dave".

We appreciate your assistance but a lot has happened since the Ford's whisked you out of public view a month ago.

I know that you were being held in a windowless room without access to the internet or newspapers (the Sun excepted of course!). But now that you have been released it is imperative that you please review your Ford Crisis Management Folder (it's under your economy-size package of Rizla rolling papers), as it contains pertinent information regarding changes in our strategy.

It is now late August. We no longer rant about "silly media stories that don't involve PROOF." We also no longer refer to the video as "alleged", or claim that "no one will ever get to see" said video. Further, we no longer make mention of "bogus wiretaps".

Please update your talking points accordingly. Thanks for your help!

yours,

The Family

My apologies oh wise Ford guru for not "keeping up with the times", I didn't know he was so important to the lives of many of his enemies, he's not that important to my life, just stating opinions, sue me if you wish.

I just want to read something NEW! Why sell the same story over and over and over and over again. I stopped reading all newspapers after the 2nd month of constant video talk, I will be sure to catch up and update my point of view. I have an open mind maybe I will see the light you see, wish me luck.

I hope you realize that the Scarborough Subway will bring zero benefits over the currently funded SRT conversion. The speed/reliability of the subway is exactly the same as the currently planned SRT to LRT conversion and travel times are more or less identical (give or take a few seconds). But not all things are equal. The subway will have less ridership than the LRT because it will be significantly further from major commercial areas than the current LRT plan. In other words, the Scarborough Subway extension will be significantly less beneficial to Scarborough residents than the current LRT plan. And to make things even worse, the subway plan has a greater cost than the far more beneficial LRT conversion plan.

I recommend you read the reports about the SRT conversion and Scarborough Subway and check out what experts have to say about the issue. It should help you come to a more informed decision.

Thank you for the first educated response, much appreciated. I thought it was never going to end with weird responses.

In all honesty, we Scarborough citizens would just like a faster way to get to downtown to spend our money. It's not fun for us to have to take 1 to 1.5 hours (or sometimes more in rush hour) to get to the Eaton Center for example. Any transit that will reduce that huge time sink which is a reality for a LOT of our part of the city, would be a huge bonus to new and old generations of Scarborough, it's something that has been needed for a long time.

I think HaveLove is a kid, and will probably pick up on what's really going on eventually. As it is, at least he's showing an interest in the city, misguided as it is. That's more than you can say for most teenagers.

I should add that I don't really know how old HaveLove is, but the bullying comments sort of give off a vibe.

Thank you for your thoughts, however I am in my mid 20's, so you can refer to me as a "young man" if you would like, thank you very much.

You are correct about how misguided this city is, and what most people don't realize is that it has a lot to do with the fact that everybody is divided on the silliest of issues instead of focusing on what is important for us of all.

(Warning little rant ahead) The HUGE debt that the Liberal Provincial Government has brought upon my growing generation, is enough for me personally to want to move to another province before 30. It is the most disgraceful wasted funds in who knows how long (I don't major in History). Apparently crack cocaine "scandals" are so much more important than what the corrupt Liberals have done to the province. What the Liberals have done are ACTUAL scandals that affect EVERY CITY in the province, with PROOF all over the place.

But I guess let's all keep chasing allegations...

Last edited:
(Warning little rant ahead) The HUGE debt that the Liberal Provincial Government has brought upon my growing generation, is enough for me personally to want to move to another province before 30. It is the most disgraceful wasted funds in who knows how long (I don't major in History). Apparently crack cocaine "scandals" are so much more important than what the corrupt Liberals have done to the province. What the Liberals have done are ACTUAL scandals that affect EVERY CITY in the province, with PROOF all over the place.

It's off topic so I just feed this for consideration, don't forget about the corruption and damage Harper & Co. have done so far - and thanks Stephen for inserting us into the Syrian mess. Oh, and don't move too far west, between the oil sands, rising oceans and fracking there won't be much left before you hit middle age.

The part that I don't believe, is the fact that no video has ever surfaced for so many months but people still talk about it and it's just silly. Just because he took a picture with two people who happen to be involved in crime, doesn't make him "hanging out with drug dealers".

All in all, if there was an actual video, even the Ford supporters wouldn't support him and move on with their lives. He doesn't mean everything to us just because we vote for him.

The video was seized as part of evidence in Project Traveller. Several reports have stated the video has been viewed by multiple defence attorneys. The man who made the video tried to use it to broker a plea deal. Because you haven't seen it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Was Siad going to hope the crown never watched the blank DVD he was hoping would get him out of jail? Would the TPS bother investigating Lisi and Price for obstruction of justice for attempting to procure the video if it wasn't real? Why would gangsters on a line they did not know was tapped talk about a video with Ford smoking crack before the story broke with Gawker? Enough circumstantial evidence exists to be more certain that the video existed/exists, then doesn't.

To your point about being photographed with three gang members (one of whom is dead). It was taken in front of a known crack house owned by a childhood friend who Ford is reputed to go on drug binges with. This pic wasn't snapped at Taste of the Danforth. It was taken during a private moment in the Mayor's life when he was on a bender, using drugs supplied by their gang. The photo isn't the only evidence that Ford hangs with criminal elements. His driver/dealer/fixer Lisi is a known woman abuser who bragged about supplying Ford with drugs. How can you not see a pattern here?

While it is good to know that when the video is seen by the public you will finally stop defending the indefensible, it concerns me that given all the reporting from all 4 major Toronto newspapers, you seem to think that the story has been stuck in limbo all this time. While people are still talking about the video, we are also talking about the Mayor's criminal entourage, his brother's past drug dealing, his office's potential role in obstructing justice and many other serious nuggets. You think people should overlook this stuff cause the crack video didn't make to youtube yet?

I think by the beginning of his next 4 year term or end of it, us people living in Scarborough, will finally see the wheels in motion to getting Subways.

We vote for Ford because he doesn't act like a puppet, he acts like a human being. And he doesn't have a fake personality like the Liberal "Subway Champion" Mitzy.

We also don't care about silly media stories that don't involve PROOF. It's amazing how an alleged video of ford dragged on for as long as it did, but now we are going to have to listen to a couple months about a bogus wiretap that nobody will every be able to listen to, just like the video nobody ever got to see?

Sorry to rant, but also tell me this. Why is it that when you look on Twitter, most of the people who are against Ford, are completely bullies! In a day of age where bullying is not tolerated anymore, why is it okay for a bunch of trolls to make fun of his weight and nobody to oppose that and say "Hey, he is human too".

Maybe when you guys become HUMAN, you will see why people vote for Ford. If you don't like his policies, then give us someone to vote for who isn't so fake.

How's the view up there on that high horse? I can barely see you from down here.

Ford is about as fake as any other politician, the only difference is that he doesn't have the polished veneer of the average politician. And to say that he's better than the average politician stretches it- have you seen the truths he and Doug say? They're about as stretched as carnival toffee, and riddled with the vitrol they enjoy using to poison civil debate. There can no longer be a discussion about biking without declarations of "a war on the car", or a new civic program rolled out without cries of "Waste!". He's personable- which is much appreciated in a politician, but is he a good leader?

And really, does he care about a subway outside of getting votes? Why did did he fap around for three years instead of making the most of his connections to get some federal funding early on? Why didn't he cut some of the alleged waste or raise taxes to get the money needed?

Don't get started about council or unions blocking him- he had enough support early on to do most of these things. Basic fact: Ford doesn't really care about subways in Scarborough- he just wants you to vote for him.

Get back on topic, the Liberals suck but that's another story. I would personally not mind voting for a fiscal conservative who knows when to spend and when to save, but Ford is clearly not one- he's a populist though and through.

Here's the little not-so-secret thing about Rob Ford--he doesn't give a shit about this city. Subways, bike lanes, infrastructure, tourism, even efficiencies--it's all just blah, blah, blah to him. He needs to get re-elected, that's all he wants and that's simply all he cares about. Screw your high-minded visions for this city, screw your transit plans, screw your better municipal government, because he's too busy campaigning to care. If he has to, he will trash it all in order to get a second term.

Last edited:
In all honesty, we Scarborough citizens would just like a faster way to get to downtown to spend our money. It's not fun for us to have to take 1 to 1.5 hours (or sometimes more in rush hour) to get to the Eaton Center for example. Any transit that will reduce that huge time sink which is a reality for a LOT of our part of the city, would be a huge bonus to new and old generations of Scarborough, it's something that has been needed for a long time.

You must live in a remote part of Scarborough.

Thank you for your thoughts, however I am in my mid 20's, so you can refer to me as a "young man" if you would like, thank you very much.

There is a difference between a knowledgeable and physical age.

This quasi rant does indeed show that you are a child, and one that fancies pointing a finger with righteous indignation. When you were just a youngin, the Harris Conservatives made quite the mess of things, you should compare the ups and downs before calling for the ax man.

If you are only concerned with the present, then look at the senate, F-35, and misuse of taxpayer money for personal use by the PMO and MPs.

And lastly, this is a forum on Ford and the city, so we should be concerning ourselves with the topics at hand such as drug use.

Here's the little not-so-secret thing about Rob Ford--he doesn't give a shit about this city. Subways, bike lanes, infrastructure, tourism, even efficiencies--it's all just blah, blah, blah to him. He needs to get re-lected, that's all he wants and that's simply all he cares about. Screw your high-minded visions for this city, screw your transit plans, screw your better municipal government, because he's too busy campaigning to care. If he has to, he will trash it all in order to get a second term.
It's really all part of the big picture in Toronto: a major lack of pride in Toronto. This has been going on for years. I'm hoping it's changing.

The video was seized as part of evidence in Project Traveller.
How do you know this?

Several reports have stated the video has been viewed by multiple defence attorneys.
And which reports exactly?

Don't get me wrong; I firmly believe the video exists and am on your side here, but I have not read anywhere that the video was actually seized, or that it was viewed by defense attorneys.

You are correct about how misguided this city is, and what most people don't realize is that it has a lot to do with the fact that everybody is divided on the silliest of issues instead of focusing on what is important for us of all.

The thing about these board-posting "angry Scarberians", whether they be in their mid-20s and otherwise, is that I get a sense of their being, well, crap Scarberians who're an offputting insult to their own domain. Like, it isn't just a matter of HaveLove not *majoring* in History; he probably has very little comprehension of the, well , history, culture, etc in his own back yard, i.e. Scarborough as a place with a history, with stories, a place of richness rather than of "us vs the outside world" desolation and pathology. Or else, to him that history/stories/richness detail is "the silliest of issues".

So he's another guy who'd likely fail the "who's Doris McCarthy test". In which case, if he leaves the province before 30, good riddance. Better that than tasteless idiots like him demolishing 50s-contemporary Orton Park or Birkdale Heights bungalows for McMansions, or smothering them in EIFS...

My intelligence level is fine thank you, and just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you should insult them, you're just being a childish "troll".

It amuses me that you show up on this forum, accuse us all of being "not HUMAN" and then cry "TROLL!!" when somebody responds to you.

I just want to read something NEW! Why sell the same story over and over and over and over again. I stopped reading all newspapers after the 2nd month of constant video talk,

So basically your argument is that you stopped following the story months ago and aren't aware of any of the recent revelations but since the video hasn't appeared yet it must all be untrue. That's some excellent willful ignorance.

Look I agree that the video hasn't surfaced yet and that's an issue. But the idea that it never existed flies in the face of all reasonable logic. The police say they know about the video. Mark Towhey has told the police that people in Ford's office were looking for the video. (Even the Toronto Sun has printed this and have you noticed he's never denied it? He's even admitted publicly that he initiated contact with the police).

At this point, in order for the crack scandal to be false it would require that three major newspapers (including the SUN) are all involved in a conspiracy together while fabricating evidence and sources and quotes completely out of thin air. Do you believe that to be the case? Yes or No.

Please don't get so uptight, relax a bit. I never said anybody is right or wrong, I simply stated a couple of my personal opinions, that is why this board is here correct?

My intelligence level is fine thank you, and just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you should insult them, you're just being a childish "troll". The part that I don't believe, is the fact that no video has ever surfaced for so many months but people still talk about it and it's just silly. Just because he took a picture with two people who happen to be involved in crime, doesn't make him "hanging out with drug dealers".

My apologies oh wise Ford guru for not "keeping up with the times", I didn't know he was so important to the lives of many of his enemies, he's not that important to my life, just stating opinions, sue me if you wish.

I just want to read something NEW! Why sell the same story over and over and over and over again. I stopped reading all newspapers after the 2nd month of constant video talk, I will be sure to catch up and update my point of view. I have an open mind maybe I will see the light you see, wish me luck.

Thank you for the first educated response, much appreciated. I thought it was never going to end with weird responses.

I guess you must be raging like mad at the huge debt the federal conservatives have saddled everybody in this country with. I want to see which province you will move to, to escape that debt.

It's really all part of the big picture in Toronto: a major lack of pride in Toronto. This has been going on for years. I'm hoping it's changing.

it seems like a fair number of old school suburban conservatives (i
leave stintz and denzil off that list) see the downtown as a potential transportation corridor, to get from their house to a theoretical destination on the other side. as opposed to a place to live, work, shop, etc. they see no value it as is, want it replaced with stadiums, ferris wheels and expressway, and hate the city for lacking those things. they won't stop until downtown is a ghost town again.

I have an open mind maybe I will see the light you see, wish me luck.

wow, i don't think i've ever come across anyone on this forum as "desperate to impress" as you. you're trying incredibly hard to be all clever and cutting, but you have absolutely no idea how to do it. REALLY painful to read. please consult 'Sarcasm for Dummies' before you post again.

it seems like a fair number of old school suburban conservatives (i
leave stintz and denzil off that list) see the downtown as a potential transportation corridor, to get from their house to a theoretical destination on the other side. as opposed to a place to live, work, shop, etc. they see no value it as is, want it replaced with stadiums, ferris wheels and expressway, and hate the city for lacking those things. they won't stop until downtown is a ghost town again.

I think you're probably right (if a bit over the top), but when Doug Ford suggested there's nothing to do downtown - and raised the ire of progressives everywhere by doing so - I feel like he inadvertently hit on something important: that many people in Toronto actually do feel like there's nothing to do downtown. Talking about independent restaurants and coffee shops and Trinity Bellwoods is fine for a certain segment of the population, but if a city is to serve all its inhabitants, then the supposedly "crass", "mainstream" things that a lot of people on UT would eschew need to be included in the vision of Toronto. The inability to see that on the part of progressives is, I think, another reason that Ford continues to appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back