News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally, of course, he wishes for a "strong mayor system", veto powers and all.

Really? This is just an uninformed, possibly off-base guess from a few thousand km away, but it seems to me that if there's a person who wishes for a "strong mayor system," it's probably not Rob Ford, but more likely some guy behind the guy behind Rob Ford.

RoFo himself, I would guess, wishes for more opportunities to abuse substances with less media scrutiny, more chances for what he perceives to be public adulation, more something related to football, and so on. The really bad part of this story is not that he got elected, but how hard it seems to be for all parties involved (especially T.O. as a whole) to extricate themselves from this mess.

Really? This is just an uninformed, possibly off-base guess from a few thousand km away, but it seems to me that if there's a person who wishes for a "strong mayor system," it's probably not Rob Ford, but more likely some guy behind the guy behind Rob Ford.

RoFo himself, I would guess, wishes for more opportunities to abuse substances with less media scrutiny, more chances for what he perceives to be public adulation, more something related to football, and so on. The really bad part of this story is not that he got elected, but how hard it seems to be for all parties involved (especially T.O. as a whole) to extricate themselves from this mess.

Councilor and mayor are are prime positions to make the jump to provincial politics, and in the Ford's cases, the partisan politics they adore. The rush to "strong" mayoral powers is just to create something akin to just that, partisan politics.

Yep, even at this level, there are "handlers", I hazard a guess at one of daddie's cadre, from the drug money laundering operations. Who would want to "elect" someone who has a mind of their own, and even for dolts like Robbie there is always pictures and such to keep them in line.

i'm reading paul wells book about stephen harper and paul martin. strikes me that someone, somewhere, has been paying for a lot of polls to keep the mayor on message (well, determining what the message should be, and handing script over to the mayor and his brother). wells discusses the theory the cpc used in the 2006 election wherein they polled the shit out of the country, figuring out the difference between the votes they couldn't ever get and the votes they could. the staff person who came up with this discussed these stereotypes by name - "doug", the 30 something contractor from yarmouth who didn't vote usually but who paid attention when the conservatives promised a tax cut on tools, "mike" and "teresa", the couple who moved from toronto to burlington with two kids, and so on - and figured out that this is how their messaging should be targetted. sounds like much of the same has been developed very successfully for the mayor.

i'm reading paul wells book about stephen harper and paul martin. strikes me that someone, somewhere, has been paying for a lot of polls to keep the mayor on message (well, determining what the message should be, and handing script over to the mayor and his brother). wells discusses the theory the cpc used in the 2006 election wherein they polled the shit out of the country, figuring out the difference between the votes they couldn't ever get and the votes they could. the staff person who came up with this discussed these stereotypes by name - "doug", the 30 something contractor from yarmouth who didn't vote usually but who paid attention when the conservatives promised a tax cut on tools, "mike" and "teresa", the couple who moved from toronto to burlington with two kids, and so on - and figured out that this is how their messaging should be targetted. sounds like much of the same has been developed very successfully for the mayor.

That would give the Ford office too much credit. I think his office is a gong show. Whatever vestiges of his staff remain I don't see them working with Ipsos Reid. They are too busy answering calls from Ford's old constituents about pressing matters like raccoons in the green bin.

^you're ignoring the fact that Kouvalis continues to have a hand in Toronto politics, and (almost certainly) continues to have the ear of RoFo's handlers.

Didn't Kouvalis return his Ford card? I could have sworn he said he would be interested in running the mayoral campaign of another candidate.

From Newstalk 1010

Key Mayor Ford staffer accused of breaking GO station door in fit of anger

Price%20Ford-001.jpg

Posted By: James Moore james.moore@bellmedia.ca · 9/19/2013 6:11:00 AM

A key member of Mayor Rob Ford's staff is making news for the wrong reasons.

David Price, Ford's long-time friend, coach, and mentor -- who serves as the mayor's director of operations and logistics -- is being investigated for several incidents at the Georgetown GO Station.

The Toronto Star reports the probe by Metrolinx started after an alleged incident on August 27th.

Price is said to have swore at and berated a GO employee before shoving open one of the station's main doors, causing a pane of glass to shatter.

Price was apparently angry after missing the 7:41am train to Union Station.

The episode was caught on security camera and was captured by a witness on a cell phone.

Metrolinx says it is working with Halton Regional Police to determine if charges will be laid.

Transit officials are also looking into other alleged incidents that involve Price, dating back to November 2012.

NEWSTALK 1010 reached out to Mayor Ford's office but officials there were not immediately available to comment.

Do these GO stations not have security?

Anyways - it's a bit of a non-story

People freak out all the time - I heard that language in Tim Horton's this morning - should I go to the Star about it for a story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back