News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this morning, that poll was skewed heavily towards "no". I bet by the end it will be skewed heavily towards "yes".

These online polls probably just indicate who is sharing the article more, and who has spent more time clicking on it.

Indeed, the idea we want to keep in mind here is "representative sample." Sun article on the Sun features Ford supporters not really caring WHAT Ford does...meh.

Yes is at 55% now, but someone in the comment section pointed something out that I think is worth sharing:

Conservative Astroturf Brigade • 5 minutes ago −
Funny, the poll has opinion divided 50-50, yet the posts critical of the Mayor below seem to have "up vs down" ratings of 20-1. (109:7, 162:9 etc)

Edit: oh, the pro-Ford side just gained 600 votes in 5 minutes. This is highly entertaining.

The paid poll thumb monkeys don't have Disqus accounts, I presume?

Yes is at 55% now, but someone in the comment section pointed something out that I think is worth sharing:

Conservative Astroturf Brigade • 5 minutes ago −

I just tried voting while in Incognito Mode in Chrome, which prevents cookies. It let me vote three times in quick succession... as long as you keep re-opening the window, it'll let you vote. Pretty easy to game the system for one side or the other.... in the last 5 minutes the "no" side has risen a lot quicker than the "yes" side - it would be really interesting to see a graph of how the votes were cast, according to time. I'll bet it's chunks of yes/no, which would be very indicative of a war of button-pressers.

I've never quite understood all the vitriol spilled over Joe in the first place. Yeah, his (formerly) cozy relationship with the Fords was starting to grate given recent events, but it also allowed him to score interviews with the mayor when nobody else could. People might dislike this type of horse trading, which is fair, but Joe always hinted that he was playing a certain role with respect to the Fords, without ever giving up the game entirely. Unlike Levy, he doesn't condescend to his readers and/or haters. Anyway, I'm not looking to start a fan club, but I'm also not surprised that he's not protecting the mayor anymore. I never got the impression that he was the biggest fan.

I've never quite understood all the vitriol spilled over Joe in the first place. Yeah, his (formerly) cozy relationship with the Fords was starting to grate given recent events, but it also allowed him to score interviews with the mayor when nobody else could. People might dislike this type of horse trading, which is fair, but Joe always hinted that he was playing a certain role with respect to the Fords, without ever giving up the game entirely. Unlike Levy, he doesn't condescend to his readers and/or haters. Anyway, I'm not looking to start a fan club, but I'm also not surprised that he's not protecting the mayor anymore. I never got the impression that he was the biggest fan.

Indeed, this access produced unparalleled scoops in the midst of allegations the Mayor was using crack cocaine:

Ford admitted he did partake at a “at a friend’s house (off the Danforth) but I am not going to say what house because I don’t want those people bothered.â€

He did not have any booze on the boat but he did eat some fish and chicken.

But that famous story a few months back where there was a posted video of Ford buying KFC chicken was, he said, taken out of context.

I finally got Ford to confirm what I had earlier heard.

“The chicken was not for me,†he said.

The citizens of Toronto were finally able to rest easy. Quite a get for that quid pro quo.

Holy shit this publication is insane:

yourwardnews.JPG

Attachments

• yourwardnews.JPG
    yourwardnews.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 380
https://twitter.com/jbcurio/status/392004043242876928/photo/1

Looks like he's already started his own publication. He needs to get his message out, without it being "twisted" by the "lefties".

I think the walls are starting to close in on Rob.;)
That publication has been around for awhile now. Even before Ford was mayor. The guy that runs it is an extreme right wing nut. I used to skim through it while at the laundromat and laugh at the various spelling mistakes. Here's a lovely sampling of the insanity this paper is: http://issuu.com/yourwardnews/docs

Last edited:
Indeed, this access produced unparalleled scoops in the midst of allegations the Mayor was using crack cocaine:

The citizens of Toronto were finally able to rest easy. Quite a get for that quid pro quo.

I wasn't implying that he was Woodward & Bernstein redux. But we all have to make a living, right? Getting cozy with Ford probably wasn't a smart move (as he's now learning), but it kept the copy flowing.

I don't know. I just wanted to throw that out there. I'm not expecting everyone to agree.

^I still prefer those lunatic rantings to the SNAP local-starfucker rag that gets distributed to the soccer moms in my neighbourhood. At least the lunatic rantings (however incorrect and misguided they may be) don't pretend that the opening of another froyo retailer is newsworthy.

Last edited:
Your Ward News, a pro-Ford rag, used to be amusing, but then you realise that there are actually people that agree with the ramblings and rantings of its "editor". I'd love to catch the guy or gal that delivers it to my door so I can tell him/her not to let that garbage touch my porch. I've called a few of the advertisers to let them know no one in my family or my friends would ever give them business as long as they advertise in a racist, bullying, misinforming rag.

I think it's great that Robyn Doolittle has written a book about the mayor. Rob Ford has been accused of wanting an American-style political landscape here in Toronto. He admires the "strong mayor" system like in NYC. His dirty tricks way of doing things is very American. There are and have been books written about sitting American mayors (Rahm Emanuel in Chicago, Giuliani and Bloomberg in NYC, for example. I'm sure there are others). I can't recall there ever being a book written about a sitting Canadian mayor. I think this is a case of "you want it? you got it!". Kudos to you, Robyn Doolittle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back