News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A prediction: Something big is going to happen early next week. I have no insider information or anything, but I think this weekend will give him time to figure out what his next actions are. This can include anything from rehab and resignation to something much, much worse.

Personally, I think a good career move for him would to be a full time talk radio pundit. He would be the perfect Canadian version Rush Limbaugh.
You should totally pitch this to him! This would enable him to leave with his head high, while still poisoning vulnerable minds.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/11/01/rob_ford_crack_video_the_story_behind_the_bombshell_investigation.html:
The police document also brings in nearly 70 other people who are somehow involved in the lives of Ford and Lisi.
One of those is Romeo DiBattista, a businessman involved in the recycling industry, who owns an after-hours club (which was gutted after the Star began asking questions) on Bloor St., west of Prince Edward Dr. in Etobicoke, south of where Ford lives. Ford, Lisi and DiBattista know each other and both had spent time at the club, the Star’s ongoing investigation has shown.
The police document reveals a meeting between Lisi and DiBattista, and police describe a “notebook” they have obtained that appears to be Ford’s and includes DiBattista’s telephone number.
Like many people close to Ford and Lisi, DiBattista responded aggressively when a Star reporter found him at his club and began to ask questions, particularly about a night at the club where Ford was present.
“Are you f---ing kidding? I can’t talk to you about that s---,” DiBattista said, when approached in his black Chevrolet Suburban SUV. DiBattista took off, his tires squealing.
There is no indication in the document that police have spoken to DiBattista.
Does anyone know the address of the after hours club in question? Was it above Big Papa, or was it On the Rocks or something unmarked? Neither the ITO or the Star article give details.

Also, Ford and Lisi were seen together at Taste of The Kingsway on September 8th - they met in the same parking lot at Bloor & Grenview mentioned in the ITO as a meeting place for Lisi and DiBattista. Ford did one of his business card walkabouts at the festival that day.

Sympathies? I am afraid only for his neighbours (at so many different level, including the latest issue of helicopter noise) at this point. Media are businesses, and businesses got to do what they have to do. Think of all the jobs this is creating.

AoD
...but not so sympathetic for the neighbour that lied and then went into no comment mode in the attempt to shore up RoFo's accusations against Daniel Dale.

Parker:

Well, he got the mayor he deserved, sharing the street with him. I do hope that his choice friends pay him more visits though, because I am sure sustained "activities" would increase the value of the property in question.

AoD

Oh like Norm Kelly is going to convince Ford to do the right thing. What a bunch of weak-kneed little ass-kissers.

Do these guys seriously not understand how silly and ineffectual this makes them look? They're only hurting themselves.

Did he really say that 99% of people have used or tried crack? Have I finally made it into the 1% in at least one respect?

No he didn't.

"In my view the reporters from The Toronto Star have probably never smoked crack cocaine as [have] probably 99 per cent of our citizenry," said Morris. "For someone to approach them asking a large sum of money, would it make more sense to say 'I have a video of the mayor smoking crack cocaine, or have a video of the mayor smoking perhaps tobacco, or marijuana? Which one would you be interested in if you're going to buy a video?"

Basically, he assumes that the reporters haven't smoked crack, so it's not possible for them to tell the difference between crack and, say, pot. Or tobacco.

a tweet from a Ford ally:
Cesar Palacio ‏@cllrpalacio 3m
#toPoli #ward17 #onpoli I strongly encourage Mayor Ford 2 take "leave of absence" 2 clear the air of these allegations 4 well being of City!

Do these guys seriously not understand how silly and ineffectual this makes them look? They're only hurting themselves.

If your councillor is a member of the executive committee, write them today and ask them to resign from it in protest. If Ford can't get enough councillors to field a full excon, it will be far more effective than a symbolic motion of non-confidence.

If your councillor is a member of the executive committee, write them today and ask them to resign from it in protest. If Ford can't get enough councillors to field a full excon, it will be far more effective than a symbolic motion of non-confidence.
Or you will get an Exec Committee consisting of Rob and Doug and Georgio. Ahhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back