News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see the Star article on the mayor's March 17/2012 adventure? It's more extensive than what CBC published earlier, and while I know that there've been a lot of rumours floating around about that night, most of this was new to me.

The night began in the the mayor's office at City Hall, apparently:

The mayor was with a woman Barnett didn’t recognize, as well as a man named Peter Kordas. Kordas was a former TTC driver and one of Ford’s long-time pals. The trio was drinking, according to sources.

Brooks, a junior staffer, thought things were getting out of hand. He called Provost, then Ford’s director of stakeholder and council relations.

Sources say Provost arrived just as Ford’s female friend was sparking up a joint.

And then there's this:

Back in the office, three sources say, Ford decided to start making calls. Desperate, his young aides decided to unplug the phone. This sent the mayor into a rage. He shoved the slightly built Barnett with enough force to send him flying backwards.

At that point, Barnett rushed out of the office. Provost was afraid. Others intervened and it was decided that perhaps the party was over.

It boggles the mind that some people seem to be arguing that this is normal St. Patrick's Day partying. This is crazy stuff. And yet I have a queasy feeling that's the message that's going to end up being dominant.

Doug Ford is “running the show” in the Ford camp, a senior Tory source said. Alarmed Conservative emissaries called Friday to offer damage-control counsel. But the mayor “won’t hear of it,” a source said.
Ford has long been urged by his top advisors to get help for what they believe is a substance abuse problem. The senior Conservative said Doug Ford has stood in their way before.
In early 2012, an intervention was planned by Ford’s then-staff involving a company specializing in employee and family assistance programs. Addiction counsellors, who were never made aware of the mayor’s identity, were consulted to help. But Doug Ford stepped in at the last minute, insisting such drastic action was not needed, and the effort was called off.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Tell me, is anyone really shocked by this?

Ford approval rating ticks UP in the wake of the crack video bombshell

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think this news vindicates Rob Ford's decision to tough things out. This is like on the stock market when a stock is driven to it's lowest level in anticipation of bad news. Once the bad news is out the stock has nowhere to go but up. I think we could see a similar phenomena with Fords ratings.

In response to your tortured stock market analogy, I googled the term "dead cat bounce", just to make sure I remembered it correctly.

Wikipedia is apropos: In finance, a dead cat bounce is a small, brief recovery in the price of a declining stock. Derived from the idea that "even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height", the phrase, which originated on Wall Street, is also popularly applied to any case where a subject experiences a brief resurgence during or following a severe decline.

Folks... I am just going to state with confidence that TPS is NOT interested in nailing Ford for buying small amounts of drugs, for doing drugs, for possession, or similar. They are just NOT. This is something else, and we're going to have to wait and see what it is. The picture that I would guess is emerging is Ford as a key player in a criminal network with hands in a variety of enterprises.

So in my boredom, I googled Rob Ford and found this piece.

http://skippy-posts.blogspot.ca/2012/05/continuing-disaster-of-rob-ford.html
In particular this section regarding the Daniel Dale incident:

"Both the mayor and his public relations disaster of a brother say that they have home security footage of the incident, but won't release it to the public. This begs the question, "Why not?" If that footage completely exonerates the mayor, why not release it, especially since it would have the added benefit of deeply embarrassing his mortal enemies at The Toronto Star? The Ford family's refusal to put the video out there can lead a reasonable person to conclude that they're telling less than the whole truth."

Not sure where I'm going with this, but thought it was worth the share.

If that's the truth, it's a toss up between calling it assisted suicide or murder. Dramatic license invoked but how could you hate a sibling so much?

Would Doug also refuse his brother insulin, beta blockers, whatever else needed to keep him from keeling over?

I've not only experienced loved ones battle addiction but also struggled through it myself.

Reading this makes me thank the fucking stars above, and ever more thankful for the friends who refused to go drinking with me, for the ones who changed plans at the last minute to drag me into a movie theatre instead of a bar, for the ones who loved me enough to dump booze out of my glass. I tossed some of them out of my life at the time, wanted nothing to do with them but they cared for me enough to make sure I had help slaying my demons in a bottle.

Family isn't so much about protecting those we love from others but from themselves.

Someone in that family needs to take a stand before something takes Rob's life.

It makes perfect sense to anyone following along that don't have their heart in the game. They were after Lisi for extortion from the start. If you have been following along, the Mayor's office called the cops to let them know that the video was linked to a murder and there were several break-ins/shootings around that time. Those flunkies that you see in the Brazen 2 are responsible for that. It wasn't Somali's against Somali's.

The cops didn't care if the video showed that the Mayor played, stayed or prayed. Fact remains, his friend, that he doesn't throw under the bus, went after it and apparently exerted some effort to do it.
I have been following but I still don't see an answer to my question. Why on the day the documents were being released, does Blair come out with this recovered video. Does that not prove he had it all along? And no one is questioning him on this. Plus Ford alwas being protected by the cops when they find him drunk. Of course because they are looking for another 10% pay hike

I have been following but I still don't see an answer to my question. Why on the day the documents were being released, does Blair come out with this recovered video. Does that not prove he had it all along? And no one is questioning him on this. Plus Ford alwas being protected by the cops when they find him drunk. Of course because they are looking for another 10% pay hike

Your question was addressed numerous times actually. There are quite a few pages dedicated to answering this question from people who are familiar with what a hard drive recovery entails. If you spend some time and actually read what people write instead of glazing it over, you would have seen that.

Just bringing up a thread from 11 Sep. If the cops were stringing Ford along in anticipation of a big score, it makes sense that they would bury a drunk driving incident. Maybe the surveillance detail was concerned, but they couldn't just leave him since it would look bad to have a blitzed Ford run over a kid or a nun while being tailed by cops. Or it could just be a big coincidence...

Does anyone know what the ITO said Ford was up to on the 10th?

The search warrant materials also discuss Ford's appearance at the Taste of the Danforth festival on Aug. 9, when eyewitnesses described the mayor as slurring his words and having trouble standing.

Earlier that day, police saw Ford and Lisi leave Lisi's home in the mayor's Escalade. At the time, Lisi's Range Rover was not at his home, but parked unoccupied behind Scarlett Heights Entrepreneurial Academy. A short time later, Lisi was seen returning home in his Range Rover, the documents say.

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...c-dumping-liquor-bottles-after-lisi-meetings/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back