News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the TPS's image improving by nailing him for any of those things, with the exception of driving under influence. I'm not sure how that one would work anyway without a breathalizer test taking place. If, as we've speculated, bigger charges are coming, I don't imagine that they're too concerned about any of these short term pains. I don't imagine they have everything pinned on whether or not Lisi will squeal as well. It's possible they have other aces up their sleeve through Basso or other associates of Ford's who may be more inclined to spill the beans. Wishful thinking though, I suppose.

That's my point. Letting Ford off in a very public way on petty charges that the common Torontonian would be busted for tells me that they're not too worried about optics. When they bust him for serious charges, the TPS know they will be vindicated.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but it's picking at my brain.

The thing that I find amazing is that no one at City Hall seems to be directly confronting him and demanding that he explain these many meetings, and these ENVELOPES. The level of docility is staggering to me.

The story behind these drops or deliveries, more than any other element of this entire pathetic saga, demands to be uncovered. Because the great likelihood is that those envelopes contain one of two things, drugs, or worse, money.

It is a remarkable testament to the place the city finds itself in that the best case scenario for our Mayor is that those envelopes only contain illegal narcotics.

Good God that AM640 snippet played on CNN of that old lady saying she was 100% behind the mayor and that "I'd be drinking too if I had to deal with those left wingers on council" is Ford Nation in a nutshell. How are these people allowed to vote?

That's my point. Letting Ford off in a very public way on petty charges that the common Torontonian would be busted for tells me that they're not too worried about optics. When they bust him for serious charges, the TPS know they will be vindicated.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but it's picking at my brain.

Another issue is that Ford Nation is already accusing the police of playing politics. If the TPS charge Ford with the smaller crimes it might add to Ford Nation's argument. I like to think that Blair revealed the video's existence to appease "Raccoon Nation"; how many people here were suggesting a TPS cover-up? Also, given what you've said previously, it seems like the crack tape is going to be the least of Ford's worries soon.

edit, this seems like what was basically said earlier, sorry for the repeat.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be necessary if the Crown could prove that he believed there was a video and exerted force to retrieve it. It helps but it's not the "smoking gun" of the whole case.

But in this specific case, I believe it was reported that the discovery of the video itself was what prompted the re-arrest of Lisi on extortion charges. So at least from the POV of the police, the video was necessary for an arrest, right?

Or is the idea that more evidence will come out during the trial which makes the circumstances of the arrest irrelevant?

But I dunno if you've ever sat on a jury in a criminal trial??! There they always instruct the jury to remember 2 things:

1. Always wait till all the evidence is in before coming to a verdict.
2. Be absolutely sure beyond a shadow of a doubt the person is guilty.

Right now I'm at 99% sure Ford is guilty, I need that extra 1 percent to make it 100%. And that extra 1% will be in the form of a video. The video is out there, so therefore cops should show it to the public.

Citizens accountability isn't the same thing as accountability through the courts - the citizens aren't demanding that he be jailed - but that he accounts for his very questionable actions other than using the weasely "it is before the courts" BS, or the obfustication and faux apology over his public drunkeness. It is not a verdict - it is answering for one's behaviour.

Besides, the whole 1% thing is stalling - would one really wait till kingdom come if one is 99% sure regarding a matter of urgency?

AoD

Crazy how much robyn doolittle looks like kate mara in House of Cards

5136ef57f285e4c8397af942e531297c.jpg

elle-02-kate-mara-interview-blog-de.jpg

Attachments

• 5136ef57f285e4c8397af942e531297c.jpg
    5136ef57f285e4c8397af942e531297c.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 699
  • elle-02-kate-mara-interview-blog-de.jpg
    elle-02-kate-mara-interview-blog-de.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 587
But in this specific case, I believe it was reported that the discovery of the video itself was what prompted the re-arrest of Lisi on extortion charges. So at least from the POV of the police, the video was necessary for an arrest, right?

Or is the idea that more evidence will come out during the trial which makes the circumstances of the arrest irrelevant?

I don't feel that the discovery of the tape is what prompted the arrest. I think it was the release of the ITO and the details that were going to be made public more than the video because that was a bombshell from Blair. But it was well played because if Lisi is not the big fish in this whole investigation and Ford is, then a divide and conquer scenario was created. Ford has to worry about so much right now and he is myopic when it comes to the video. I don't think that even he is seeing the bigger picture.

I don't feel that the discovery of the tape is what prompted the arrest. I think it was the release of the ITO and the details that were going to be made public more than the video because that was a bombshell from Blair. But it was well played because if Lisi is not the big fish in this whole investigation and Ford is, then a divide and conquer scenario was created. Ford has to worry about so much right now and he is myopic when it comes to the video. I don't think that even he is seeing the bigger picture.
But the cops would need solid evidence in order to go after Lisi for extortion. Sure, they have wiretaps of the video being discussed but without the physical video itself to prove that it is real then it wouldn't hold up in court, right? The cops found the video which is what they needed to charge Lisi. That's how I see it.

LOL...okay, I remember the crackhouse, just not the Basso name.

So what does it mean cops dropped him off. You mean he ratted Ford out or something??

Lisi is charged with extortion in his efforts to get the video back. As a condition of bail, he is forbidden to contact Mohammed Siad, Liban Siyad, or the Bassos. Ergo, the victims of his extortion were some or all of these people. So the cops want to talk to them.

But could they rat out Ford as well as Lisi? Maybe. On the morning of April 19-20, Lisi appears to have visited the Basso house, and he also called Basso around 4 am. That same hour, he called Ford no less than 19 times - between 430 am and 5 am.

So yeah it would be good to ask the Bassos what all the talking was about.

Jumping on the letter writing bandwagon:

Dear Councillors,

I am writing to you on the Executive Committee as well as my local Councillor. I understand that as of late, you may have had other citizens send you the same message, so I'll keep my statement short and brief.

I am completely fed up with the actions and non-explanations of the Mayor's behaviour and demand that action be taken immediately. For councillors on the Executive Committee, I urge you gentlemen to take a strong stance and demand the resignation of the Mayor immediately. The status quo is untenable and a vague apology from the Mayor does not cut it. I am sure the Committee can carry out the tasks of the Mayor in an official capacity without involving the Mayor or his office.

And as individual Councillors, I implore you to seriously consider what damage this is having on the citizens of Toronto, and Toronto's reputation worldwide. Put ideological divides aside and consider how Toronto is becoming a laughingstock around the world for how we're enabling this man to continue being Mayor. This must stop immediately.

I hope to hear a positive response from you regarding this issue.

Regards,

Five auto-replies so far.

Good God that AM640 snippet played on CNN of that old lady saying she was 100% behind the mayor and that "I'd be drinking too if I had to deal with those left wingers on council" is Ford Nation in a nutshell. How are these people allowed to vote?

They're on their way out, why the fuck do they care about those damn elite kids.

Last edited:
But the cops would need solid evidence in order to go after Lisi for extortion. Sure, they have wiretaps of the video being discussed but without the physical video itself to prove that it is real then it wouldn't hold up in court, right? The cops found the video which is what they needed to charge Lisi. That's how I see it.

No because it doesn't have to be a tangible item in order for the crime of extortion to have occurred. It could be using force to make someone do something as well, so even without the video it wouldn't matter provided TPS has wiretap evidence of him doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back