News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting more to come out tomorrow involving the VICE hacker piece. @ManuvSteele dropped some nice big hints for us today, pretty much confirming he was their source. Be prepared for more details to come out through one of the Toronto papers.

And with that in mind, does anyone know who exactly who this guy is?

Think this is him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Kent

Mtown:

Thanks - it's been a slow burn so my fuse has been particularly short lately - my tolerance for BS is at pretty much an all time low.

AoD

No doubt. I'll be pitching forks for ya next week. I hope I don't get arrested brandishing that thing....it's pretty serious.

That's what scares me the most. Despite OVERWHELMING evidence to the contrary, because these people (and I'm totally okay categorizing them in that fashion) don't really read the news beyond what they want to hear, they'll keep on spreading this myth.

If you have the time, and the patience (I usually lack both), a Socratic approach works wonders. Generally, I'm inclined to argue, but I don't find that as effective as just asking questions, followed by more questions. This doesn't really work with higher order Ford supporters who will continue with disingenuous arguments, and deflections, but the dimmer ones are quickly flummoxed. I've gotten a few people to admit they don't actually know what's going on. Takes a lot of work, but it's rewarding.

If you have the time, and the patience (I usually lack both), a Socratic approach works wonders. Generally, I'm inclined to argue, but I don't find that as effective as just asking questions, followed by more questions. This doesn't really work with higher order Ford supporters who will continue with disingenuous arguments, and deflections, but the dimmer ones are quickly flummoxed. I've gotten a few people to admit they don't actually know what's going on. Takes a lot of work, but it's rewarding.

The dialectic only works if you can stand speaking to the people for the length of time it takes. But I'll try it next time.

It DOES work, but in a couple of cases, I've gotten the Ford response: "Yeah, but subways!"; followed by them walking away from it all, flustered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back