8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Just wondered, does anyone think Bill Blair is any fear of his life? That sort of crossed my mind.

Come on. He's the Chief of Police, responsible for busting gangs all over the city. You think he's not crossed that point of understanding that his head is on a bounty? I'm sure he carries a weapon at all times unlike most cops who can enjoy some anonymity in their private lives.

Well, I don't doubt the current brouhaha has captured international attention in part because Toronto is normally considered such a dull place ("So bland and clean," to quote Marge Simpson), but I daresay people aren't going to be vacationing here in the hopes they'll spot a naked Rob Ford chasing some $10 hookers down Yonge St. with a crack pipe in one hand and an empty vodka bottle in the other. I wouldn't plan a holiday somewhere specifically because their Mayor is a self-destructive idiot.

I'd go so far as to say this attitude is what the Fords prey on, and what led to him being elected in the first place. He's a bully, and everyone knows you don't defeat a bully by playing meek and refusing to sink to "their level". The most effective way to get rid of him is to stand up to him and give him a taste of his own medicine. Time and time again, councillors have simply let him have his way because they're afraid to stick their neck out and that needs to change.

I would agree with this. Apart from anything else, repeatedly letting Rofo slither off the hook in some misguided attempt to take the high road may have the opposite effect of what's intended: This is the kind of cutesy, too clever-by-half parlour game that turns average citizens off of politics. If a public figure is demonstrably misbehaving - and this is true even of scofflaws who are nowhere near as arrogant as the Fords have been acting - then people are going to want to see him punished, or at least held accountable. When the Star and the Sun both share this opinion, I'd say it's pretty mainstream.

I'm operating on the assumption that Ford Nayshun isn't anywhere close to as widespread as certain quarters are trying to lead us to believe. His fans aren't going to appreciate any gestures towards mercy, anyway; they want that sense of personal aggrievement that comes with being 'persecuted' by the "elitists" and the so-called liberal media. Dullard that he is, Boss Hogg has still been a skilled enough demagogue to tap into this feeling. It's the same sort of sentiment that animates the Tea Party types across the border. Don't even spank Ford on the wrist when he deserves to have his fat ass kicked (and possibly even a prison sentence), and the mindset that supports him won't be at all grateful. They'll consider it no more than his/their due to begin with, and it certainly won't convince them to vote for a more "respectable" conservative politician...if the latter consideration happens to be motivating any of the councillors eyeballing Ford's fans. If you're hoping on syphoning votes off of Ford, don't bother, kiddies. They don't want a pale imitation, they want him.

Come on. He's the Chief of Police, responsible for busting gangs all over the city. You think he's not crossed that point of understanding that his head is on a bounty? I'm sure he carries a weapon at all times unlike most cops who can enjoy some anonymity in their private lives.

LOL very true.

Chief Blair can take care of himself. I would worry more about Donovan and Doolittle, were I you. Of course, I am not and do not.

I feel like this article embodies how much Blair should be worried about that can't-shoot-straight Ford Brigade:

At least you have to give Warmington credit for not being another rat jumping ship at the Sun. Of course that makes him even dumber than all the other Sun hacks. I like how he thinks all those packages going back and forth between Ford and Lisi were just "hockey tickets". ha ha

BY5HYbPCAAAniuB.jpg:large

Best...post....ever!

A few pages ago, someone posted a clip of Pinky and the Brain.

Let me tell you a parallel:

Brain comes up with a plan to take over the world. He almost succeeds at taking over the world until his hubris sets in and his plan backfired. He then comes up with another plan to take over the world.

Rob Ford comes up with a plan to take over Toronto. He almost succeeds at taking over Toronto until his hubris sets in and his plan backfired. He then comes up with another plan to take over Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back