News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wong-Tam wants it to go to the Integrity Counsellor as does Stintz. I hope this doesn't pass -- something needs to be done NOW not in April

On one hand, their reasoning makes sense re more accountability, but it will just take far too long.

Can someone explain the details or difference between the censure motion and the referral motion?

Referral motion means wait and see what the integrity commissioner report says in February or whenever it comes back before taking action against Ford (even so much as a censure). Censure motion condemns his behaviour now, formally. Perks says you can't censure until the referral comes back. DMW says you can do both. Pasternak says fuck the referral, let's censure him now, for the children.

Goddamit. I think I might have to like Karen Stintz again.

edit: Goddamit x2: Mammolitti please go away.

Last edited:
Referral motion means wait and see what the integrity commissioner report says in February or whenever it comes back before taking action against Ford (even so much as a censure). Censure motion condemns his behaviour now, formally. Perks says you can't censure until the referral comes back. DMW says you can do both. Pasternak says fuck the referral, let's censure him now, for the children.

But does the censure actually do anything? It sounds about as useful as another strongly worded letter.

Random drug testing should be done. And there should be repercussions if you are found positive for illegal substances. These people need to be accountable. We need smart intelligent sober people representing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back