News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
His tone has definitely changed, but he does sort of have a point regarding rehab (not turning your back on addict, etc). But I don't think Mammo actually thinks Ford's career can be saved at this point. Although the level of delusion we've seen the past few weeks, maybe I'm wrong.
The ship has sailed on Ford going to Rehab and coming back tanned, rested and ready like Elvis in 1968.

That option has left the building.

Hah I know and I know it's protocol I was just being a dick. :)

I was in return being a pedantic dick as both my wife and I were born in Montreal (she a fully bilingual anglo). :p

Seriously though, more and more I'm hearing French being randomly spoken on the streets of Toronto. It's refreshing and odd.

Last edited:
I may be way off base here, but hasn't Hudak always been somewhat leery towards the Ford Brothers? It's an open secret that the overly ambitious Doug's been eyeballing Hudak's job for some time now. That can't sit well with Hudak, no matter how supposedly useful the Mussolini Twins have been to him.
That is true except for one thing. The Ford's are big fundraisers for the prick party. Hudak is very afraid to lose the money.

I was in return being a pedantic dick as both my wife and I were born in Montreal (she a fully bilingual anglo). :p

Seriously though, more and more I'm hearing French being randomly spoken on the streets of Toronto. It's refreshing and odd.

Hah well if you want to insult the Jews (myself) or the Swedes (my wife) I'll give you a pass just this once. Call it the Rob Ford Election Exception :)

Agreed. My husband is French and used to complain he never heard it spoken; now he hears it all time.

My wife is a Franco from Montreal - and we both agree we hear more and more French on the street these days. Yes, refreshing.

My wife is a Franco from Montreal - and we both agree we hear more and more French on the street these days. Yes, refreshing.

I hear it everywhere. Particularly in the Roncesvalles area. Having lived in Montreal for five years it's weird.

I cannot believe these people are ok with their names being published next to their complete stupidity:

http://www.facebook.com/LetFordBe

Supporting Rob Ford at this juncture should be considered a fringe/extreme political view.

They've been going at it for the last couple years. It was started by Neil Flagg, a man who unsuccessfully ran for a trustee position in North York in 2010. He's just a partisan hack who hates anything he associates with left-wing politics. That whole Facebook page of his is just a big ego trip for him.

Interesting, do you have anything you can point me to (legislation for example) with respect to this specific parliamentary procedure (arcane as it is)?

Dang, this is where I actually have to back up my assertions with facts. I hate it when that happens.

Anyway, it's not really arcane procedure. I think unanimous consent is used in lots of routine business all the time, like when they want to knock off for the night or something like that. It is mentioned in here as a way to skip the committee stage, but you can do other things if everyone agrees:

http://www.ontla.on.ca/lao/en/media...kground-documents/how-bills-become-law-en.pdf

For example, the TTC back to work legislation a few years back was done through unanimous consent, and it only took about half an hour to go through the whole process: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Toronto_Transit_Commission_strike#Back-to-work_legislation

To the other person who brought up Holliday, he could absolutely put a wrench in the works, but I doubt that Hudak would let him, nor do I think he would expend his political capital to do so - he's smart enough to know not to use it up on a lost cause I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back