News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know much about the Sr. either, but I can safely assume he was a rubbish father given that all his kids are monumental fuckups with serious psychological issues that I can assure you they didn't pick up in the schoolyard. If only one of them was messed up we could lay blame on personal experience, bad choices in the past, and/or genetic predisposition. Alas, they're all messed up and with this level if psychotic behaviour I highly doubt it can be blamed solely on mum dearest. Then again, she may be the reason Sr isn't around anymore.
In any case, the Ford siblings' psychotic behaviour is best attributed to a shitty upbringing. I don't want parks named after this clan of genetically modified pseudo-humans.....then again, as Alvin O'Di said, I suppose it can serve as a reminder to never again allow people like this into power.

PS: There should be a psychiatric assessment performed before anyone is allowed into office.

Anyone taking bets on how fast he gets a beer chucked at him?

Yeah! Have you met my friends?

I have 10 dollars on it happening within five minutes. Which, really, is me betting on what I want to happen....yet again....man, I suck at approaching bets dispassionately.

PS: There should be a psychiatric assessment performed before anyone is allowed into office.

Oh please, that would disqualify everyone. Positions of power always attract a "fringe" group of people with issues.

Let's see those studies that say no lesbian couple has ever had one partner let loose and smack a kid around.

Just because it's the Internet, you aren't required to make unsubstantiated idiotic claims.
Just because this is the Rob Ford thread, doesn't mean that we should have posts with bigotry here.

Yeah! Have you met my friends?

I have 10 dollars on it happening within five minutes. Which, really, is me betting on what I want to happen....yet again....man, I suck at approaching bets dispassionately.

I hope ya WIN!!!!

Just because this is the Rob Ford thread, doesn't mean that we should have posts with bigotry here.

There is no bigotry. I'm not saying that lesbians are any worse parents than any other group of people. I'm just saying that a claim that the have a zero percent child abuse rate is utterly ridiculous and deserves to be called so. Lesbians are alright with me and if the want kids they should have them.

Stupidity on the other hand really pisses me off.

There is no bigotry. I'm not saying that lesbians are any worse parents than any other group of people. I'm just saying that a claim that the have a zero percent child abuse rate is utterly ridiculous and deserves to be called so. Lesbians are alright with me and if the want kids they should have them.

It seems to me that we could all post without making disparaging comments. It is not really that hard.
From what I could gather James was trying to be helpful and had no real vested interest in the subject.
But he was attacked and his mental capacity called in to question because you didn't agree with him posting the first link that came up in his search.
If people get pissed off regarding what they read on the internet, that is their right.
But we should still be able to have a civil conversation, regardless of over reaction.

Oh please, that would disqualify everyone. Positions of power always attract a "fringe" group of people with issues.

I dare say most politicians are psychologically fit.

Oh, and thanks...I'm not even watching the match....just hoping to hear about it later. It's only a tenner after all which is a lot less than David "Loyal" Price costs us.

It seems to me that we could all post without making disparaging comments. It is not really that hard.
From what I could gather James was trying to be helpful and had no real vested interest in the subject.
But he was attacked and his mental capacity called in to question because you didn't agree with him posting the first link that came up in his search.
If people get pissed off regarding what they read on the internet, that is their right.
But we should still be able to have a civil conversation, regardless of over reaction.

The zero percent claim is in itself idiotic and inflammatory and easily demonstrable as false. I don't have a problem when people who post that kind of useless nonsense into a discussion are held accountable for what they do. It's not that hard to take 90 seconds and look at the credibility of a claim before you repeat it. I called the claim he was making stupid and idiotic, which is objectively pretty accurate.

Whatever you infer about him, that's on you.

The study was well reported when it came out. Surely asking to see something that you could have simply Googled yourself is the height of stupidity. Perhaps some this would assist - http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Google/dp/161564167X

The study was well reported when it came out. Surely asking to see something that you could have simply Googled yourself is the height of stupidity. Perhaps some this would assist - http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Google/dp/161564167X

No, he made a claim that there were studies. I suggested that it was bullshit, and he hasn't provided any study to dispute that. The burden of evidence is on the person making the claim. I can just as easily claim that numerous scholars have concluded the moon landing was faked. It adds nothing to a discussion though.

Posting a claim like that without providing credible links deserves just what it got in response.

The zero percent claim is in itself idiotic and inflammatory and easily demonstrable as false. I don't have a problem when people who post that kind of useless nonsense into a discussion are held accountable for what they do. It's not that hard to take 90 seconds and look at the credibility of a claim before you repeat it. I called the claim he was making stupid and idiotic, which is objectively pretty accurate.

Whatever you infer about him, that's on you.

I do believe it became personal when you called his thinking into question, using the subway boondoggle as an example.
I would hope that you don't disagree with the idea that we can discuss differing opinions without disparaging each other.

I do believe it became personal when you called his thinking into question, using the subway boondoggle as an example.
I would hope that you don't disagree with the idea that we can discuss differing opinions without disparaging each other.

It's totally legitimate to compare the evidence he offered in support of his claim to the quality of the evidence which exists in support of the Scarborough subway. He made a stupid claim which he said was supported by studies, and when challenged, offered a SINGLE study which no one anywhere takes seriously as it was poorly constructed and conducted by an advocacy group that has a direct conflict of interest.

It's not personal to point out that someone has done something that simply doesn't measure up. It was his shoddy behaviour, he can own it or not do it any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back