News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI. Here's an interesting snippet from the Star's early coverage of the RoFo interview on Fox (empahsis is mine):

“I have admitted to using illegal drugs in the last year. Okay, I’ve admitted to drinking too much. Okay, so I’m dealing with it. I am training every day. I’m in the gym for two hours every day. I’m seeking professional help. I’m not an alcoholic. I’m not a drug addict,” Ford told Roberts.

Ford added that he isn’t getting help for substance abuse because he simply is not addicted.

Christ they're so oblivious they think this is all good publicity.

They both look terrible there. That gold chain around Doug's bull-neck is just so cheesy.

At this point, I think it's fair for local/Canadian media to go after them both for being so accessible to American media, but not local/Canadian media. On what planet is this City business? How does this help to resolve the issues for TORONTO? Are they angling for a reality-show deal? While holding public office? How is this "looking out for the little guy"?

I hate them both so much.

Here's Yahoo's version of the same story MertonGuy links to just above:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/embattled-mayor-rob-ford-causes-commotion-attending-toronto-203108259.html

I like this detail: "Fans gathered around the controversial mayor as he took his seat, shaking his hand and giving him high-fives while those sitting behind him looked angry at having their view blocked by the commotion."

Never even mind that the selfish asshole was asked to not attend the game. And the dullards scurrying up to kiss his ass evidently don't care how many people they personally inconvenienced as well. I guess like calls to like.

"Rob and Doug Ford took me to the projects.
And then things got weird." Bill Weir of CNN

Since when does Toronto have "the projects"?

Cooper:

Apparently it is something that you can just sweat it off.

AoD

It fits the narrative put forth by his mother that his real problem is his weight, not drugs or alcohol.

I love the way he indignantly complained on the FOX interview about council stripping his powers, neglecting to mention that he said he would've done the same thing in their place.

“I have admitted to using illegal drugs in the last year. Okay, I’ve admitted to drinking too much. Okay, so I’m dealing with it. I am training every day. I’m in the gym for two hours every day. I’m seeking professional help. I’m not an alcoholic. I’m not a drug addict,” Ford told Roberts.

[/I]

I'd be worried about what his workouts lead to. Wasn't there some speculation that Ford ended up at 15 Windsor after one of his "Cut the Waist" jogs?

Some people like Muscle Milk after their workouts, others prefer crack.

CNN's Bill Weir interviewed the Ford brothers. He tweeted this a short while ago:

BZTDiVzCAAAKpFi.jpg:large

Yesterday I was in NPS and a saw Nic Robertson doing a live remote. He is CNN's war correspondent and I have only seen him covers stories from hot-spots like Iraq and Egypt.

Well this will be embarrassing for our city...

Rob Ford interview on Fox News (warning: the volume is a tad loud)
[video=youtube;R2jRlA90LUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2jRlA90LUg[/video]

"Rob and Doug Ford took me to the projects.
And then things got weird." Bill Weir of CNN

Since when does Toronto have "the projects"?

I want to guess that by "projects" they meant the Dixon apartment complexes which have been the subject of many a TPS raid in the past year.
And by "things got weird", he meant that the brothas hanging around there looking for people interested in their "stuff" knew the Ford brothers on a first name basis -- and even offered Mr. CNN a discount on their "wares". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back