News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, everybody, enough speculation based on tiny specks of evidence.

Which is a more likely explanation? (A) Bitter 17-year-old makes up somewhat credible story, as RoFo was known to many as a scuzzball in November 2012. (B) RoFo is actually so evil and organized that he could pay teens for sex with high school football players.

Similarly, why has RoFo not yet resigned as mayor? (A) He is an idiot and his mother and brother are evil and crazy. (B) Organized crime won't let him quit.
Now I would believe either A or B in either scenario.

He's been dishing out these for 3 years now, since the day he was elected. Hard to suddenly claim that it's electioneering simply because we are approaching an election.

I fail to see the motive on casting a dishonourable motive on something that seems above board by our very populist mayor.
That is why I said again. He never stopped campaigning.

I'm satisfied with how City Council is dealing with this. As of tomorrow, Ford will have been effectively replaced by Norm Kelly in all but title -- and even regarding that, there's been some talk about changing Kelly's title to Interim Mayor. Still, this circus will not end while Ford still has an access card to City Hall and a seat on Council. The man needs to leave and he won't do it on his own accord. Rob Ford and his family need to be hit where it hurts. Their fortune.

It's become ever more clear that Momma Ford plays a substantial role in this story. She stood beside him during his victory speech, and having watched it with new eyes, I got an uneasy feeling that she's the one pulling the strings. I reported back in May that George Christopoulos's speech was swapped last minute by one written by Ford's family "I do not smoke crack cocaine and I'm not addicted to crack cocaine. I can't comment on video that I have not seen or does not exist". I didn't realize to what extent it had been prepared by his mother. She had the last word on this speech, not Rob and not Doug. The official speech was discarded entirely and that's why Christopoulos and Ransom both resigned after considering their options over that weekend. What gives Momma Ford all this power? She still writes the cheques. Daddy's fortune didn't go to Rob, Doug, Randy, and Kathy. Without the money flow, the Fords lose their power. Without Momma Ford bringing in the cash, the clan loses their loyalty to their head and the whole family goes into disarray.

The next front line against this awful family is DECO, more specifically DECO's client list. I'm looking into my sources to come up with a complete list of DECO's clients which can be brought to the public that can choose to boycott any brands still doing business with the Fords. Heinz, Billy Bee honey and McCormick spices are some of DECO's clients. The City of Toronto also does business with DECO but Councillors' options are limited unless DECO itself is involved in anything illegal that could justify dropping them as a supplier.

Focusing on DECO will not only cut off the cash flow that is being used against Toronto (i.e. lawyers vs City of Toronto, funding Ford's campaign, Ford's future office budget, impunity towards fines, etc). It'll also bring Ford as a rich, spoiled, entitled brat into public perception. He's not blue collar and he's not just like many of his Ford Nation supporters. He's filthy rich and he acts untouchable and entitled to the Mayor's office and won't leave. This can't be emphasized enough.

If any of you are aware of brands that get their labels printed at DECO, please add it to the list. Also, feel free to call and write these brands CEOs asking them to print their labels somewhere else or be seen to be supporting the Fords.

DECO's clients:
Heinz
Billy Bee
McCormick spices
City of Toronto

That is why I said again. He never stopped campaigning.

I agree, and I think that RoFo thinks that campaigning for mayor is the same thing as being mayor. And it drives me nuts every time I read a story about how he answers every call and shows up at the door of constituents to solve their problems. That sort of thing is fine for the Mayor of Hootersville, but he's the Mayor of the fourth largest city in North America. I'm sure the city has many capable customer service employees to handle this stuff, plus it's pure electioneering.

Fück the magnets, the Sun show is payment-in-kind for the campaign (since they've unambiguously announced they're in campaign mode). I mean, who cares really, because they're both political toast, but there's absolutely no doubt it breaks campaign laws at this point.

It's become ever more clear that Momma Ford plays a substantial role in this story. She stood beside him during his victory speech, and having watched it with new eyes, I got an uneasy feeling that she's the one pulling the strings. I reported back in May that George Christopoulos's speech was swapped last minute by one written by Ford's family "I do not smoke crack cocaine and I'm not addicted to crack cocaine. I can't comment on video that I have not seen or does not exist". I didn't realize to what extent it had been prepared by his mother. She had the last word on this speech, not Rob and not Doug. The official speech was discarded entirely and that's why Christopoulos and Ransom both resigned after considering their options over that weekend. What gives Momma Ford all this power? She still writes the cheques. Daddy's fortune didn't go to Rob, Doug, Randy, and Kathy. Without the money flow, the Fords lose their power. Without Momma Ford bringing in the cash, the clan loses their loyalty to their head and the whole family goes into disarray.

Upthread someone discussed how Rob might fit the clinical description of narcissistic personality disorder. More likely, it's the mother (maybe the father too), and the clan have just learned a lot of bad habits from her.

Fück the magnets, the Sun show is payment-in-kind for the campaign (since they've unambiguously announced they're in campaign mode). I mean, who cares really, because they're both political toast, but there's absolutely no doubt it breaks campaign laws at this point.

I'm putting up a post tomorrow for the blog about the sun news show, and I'll cover this in more detail there, but I spoke with Warren Kinsella to get his impression on it since he does work for both the Sun and Sun news. He believes Sun News is purposely setting the Fords up to melt down on the show.

As for the legality of it. Until Rob registers in January he can have the show. But again, with only six weeks of the mayor's participation, there is a short, high pressure window for a real explosion

The next front line against this awful family is DECO, more specifically DECO's client list. I'm looking into my sources to come up with a complete list of DECO's clients which can be brought to the public that can choose to boycott any brands still doing business with the Fords. Heinz, Billy Bee honey and McCormick spices are some of DECO's clients. The City of Toronto also does business with DECO but Councillors' options are limited unless DECO itself is involved in anything illegal that could justify dropping them as a supplier.

Focusing on DECO will not only cut off the cash flow that is being used against Toronto (i.e. lawyers vs City of Toronto, funding Ford's campaign, Ford's future office budget, impunity towards fines, etc). It'll also bring Ford as a rich, spoiled, entitled brat into public perception. He's not blue collar and he's not just like many of his Ford Nation supporters. He's filthy rich and he acts untouchable and entitled to the Mayor's office and won't leave. This can't be emphasized enough.

If any of you are aware of brands that get their labels printed at DECO, please add it to the list. Also, feel free to call and write these brands CEOs asking them to print their labels somewhere else or be seen to be supporting the Fords.

DECO's clients:
Heinz
Billy Bee
McCormick spices
City of Toronto

As much as I have enjoyed and appreciated your insights throughout this fiasco, I have to wonder if this is a wise move, to take the battle to Deco. I'm sure the Fords have the financial resources to weather the loss of some clients, but what about their low paid employees who get laid off due to lack of work because clients are lost? This strikes me as unfair. The impact of this action could be much wider than the Fords.

I agree, and I think that RoFo thinks that campaigning for mayor is the same thing as being mayor. And it drives me nuts every time I read a story about how he answers every call and shows up at the door of constituents to solve their problems. That sort of thing is fine for the Mayor of Hootersville, but he's the Mayor of the fourth largest city in North America. I'm sure the city has many capable customer service employees to handle this stuff, plus it's pure electioneering.

I feel that's what he thinks being a mayor is...show up at parades with a sash on, shake hands and kiss babies. Clearly he never took public office seriously, put himself into situations where his behaviour could lead to extortion, and hasn't introduced the strong policies/vision/leadership that the city needs.

what about their low paid employees who get laid off due to lack of work because clients are lost?

What about the many more low paid employees who get laid off the longer Ford stays in office as he continues to flush the city's economic productivity down the toilet through obstructionism, backwards policy, and distracting council from solving the city's real problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back