News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this slowed down version (gif), you can see Rob Ford drop his shoulder, football-style, into Clr McConnell. Poor old lady.

The Fords are so stressed they are regressing back to high school locker room days the
last week or so.

It actually looks like he originally tripped over something or hit something with his leg. His shoulder was not in contact with her prior to her heading for the ground.

From BBC News website. Our shame exposed, again.

"Toronto city council is set to remove most of Mayor Rob Ford's remaining powers as the embattled city leader refuses to step down.

City legislators will vote on Monday to reduce Mr Ford's budget and delegate many of his powers to the deputy mayor.

Mr Ford, 44, who has promised to fight the council's decisions, labelled the vote as a "coup d'etat".

The mayor of Canada's largest city has faced intense pressure to quit since he admitted to smoking crack cocaine.

Since then, Mr Ford has also acknowledged buying illegal drugs while serving as mayor.

But he refuses to resign and the council does not have the power to remove him from office, unless he has a criminal conviction.

Monday's motion will reduce Mr Ford's budget to the level of a city councillor, and put it in control of deputy mayor Norm Kelly, largely making Mr Ford mayor in name only.

On a Monday morning radio show, Mr Ford claimed that councillors were simply against his agenda to save taxpayers' money.

"It's a coup d'etat - that's all this is," he said, arriving shortly afterwards at city hall for work.

But Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong, once a Ford ally - now one of his most outspoken critics - said the mayor's conduct was embarrassing the city.

"He's the worst spokesman for the city of Toronto right now," he said.

The Toronto council began stripping away his powers on Friday, voting 39 to 3 to prevent him from being able to dismiss the deputy mayor and taking away his emergency powers.

His older brother, Councillor Doug Ford, has called him "the mayor of the people" and said the rights of those who voted him into office were being trampled as the council takes up additional motions.

Despite the scandal, Mr Ford does not seem inclined to shun the spotlight.

He gave interviews to US media organisations over the weekend and appeared at a Toronto Argonauts game, despite the Canadian Football League commissioner suggesting he should not.

Mr Ford and his brother are set to launch their own current events television programme on Monday evening.

The show, Ford Nation, is named after the bloc of conservative, suburban voters who put Mr Ford in office in 2010.

On Sunday, Mr Ford told US broadcaster Fox News he had "admitted to drinking too much", but said he was dealing with it, including going to the gym two hours every day.

"I'm seeking professional help, I'm not an alcoholic, I'm not a drug addict," he said. "Have I had my outbursts in the past? Absolutely.

"But you know what, I'm only human. I've made mistakes. I've apologised."

He added: "Yes, one day I do want to run for prime minister."

The Toronto mayor apologised again on Thursday for making an obscene outburst on live television while denying he had offered oral sex to a female staff member.

He had been responding to allegations in court papers that he had also driven drunk, used racially abusive language, threatened staff and consorted with an alleged prostitute.

He apologized. It was an honest mistake, in my opinion. He shouldn't be such a oaf though.
While I am sure that knocking down Councillor McConnell was a mistake, the bigger issue is that the Mayor should not have been running through Council chambers, whether in "defense" of his brother or not.

He apologized. It was an honest mistake, in my opinion. He shouldn't be such a oaf though.

Yeah.. But he's gotta stop embarrassing himself sometime........ On another note, I enjoyed him in the speaker's chair... He actually did good! Good Boy Rob!!

I'm pretty sure that if I were to shove/push/bodyslam old lady to the ground I'd likely attract the attention of the police, whether I apologized or not.

Glad you agree he's an oaf.

An honest mistake? He is unpredictable and erratic, and has no place charging at others in the council chambers, let alone being left in charge of the economic and cultural centre of Canada

I'm pretty sure that if I were to shove/push/bodyslam old lady to the ground I'd likely attract the attention of the police, whether I apologized or not.

If you did it by mistake, no, you wouldn't... Come on, let's not be silly.

Vaughan's not wrong but he ended by politicking a little too much for my liking. Not that I disagree with the politics he was espousing. It just seemed like the wrong time to bring up drug treatment in neighbourhood options that some councillors they want to support the motion might not agree with.

No. He engaged in grotesquely reckless behaviour with predictable results.

I suppose if he kills someone while driving drunk that will also be an "honest mistake." Ford Nation has no morals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back