8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, covering their butts for now?

While there are plausible explanations for how Ford and Smith may have met or knew each other I think we need to be careful about drawing a link between that and Smith's murder.

AND it appears that even if Ford Nation contravenes campaign laws there's nothing to be done to halt it in time short of a lawsuit. From the Elections Coordinator:

Dear Andrew

The Municipal Elections Act, 1996 provides at least two ways a person can act on an alleged contravention:

Section 81(1) provides that an elector who is entitled to vote in an election and believes in reasonable grounds that a candidate has contravened a provision of the MEA relating to election campaign finances may apply for a compliance audit of the candidate's election campaign finances. The application deadline under this proceeding is within 90 days of the financial filing due date.

Section 81(17) provides that a person may lay a charge or take any other legal action, at any time, with respect to an alleged contravention of a provision of the MEA relating to election campaign finances.

So huzzah, I can either wait until it's too late and ask for an audit or I can try a long and costly lawsuit that would take too long to matter. Anyone know Clayton Ruby by any chance?

The Matt Lauer interview link for those that missed it (easy to do with this thread moving as it has been): http://kfor.com/2013/11/18/matt-lau...nto-mayor-rob-ford-tomorrow-morning-on-today/

One of the best I've seen because he called out both Fords on their BS (except the $1 billion claim) and the follow-up with his fellow co-hosts was good too :)

Although he didn't debunk the $1 billion claim specifically Lauer does call into doubt pretty much any claim to credibility they have, so it's all good in the end.

It's late in the chat and I don't want to bother logging in, but a question or two I think to ask: Star sources in the neighbourhood say that Smith is a victim of a fight between rival factions in the area. Are the known connections of Ford with people in the neighboorhood on one clear side of this divide? Is one faction more likely to have been at 15 Windsor? And by sources in the neighbourhood, does this mean that one guy on the Fifth Estate, or ten gangbangers, or some mothers in the apartments, or a couple social workers?

Well, RoFo would never pay for upgrades. He's a fiscal conservative.
upgrayedd.bmp

Poisson ended the live chat with this bit of pablum:

If I could add one thing before we end here today. The Dixon Rd. neighbourhood that has become the ground zero of the "crack scandal" has been put under the spotlight the last few months. Many people who live there have felt under seige by police and the media. It's important to remember, I think, that the neighbourhood is filled with parents working hard and kids studying hard.

As if anyone believes otherwise. I hate the fact we can't talk about these things openly without assuming that we're morons who think Dixon is some ghettoized hell hole.

Last edited:
It's late in the chat and I don't want to bother logging in, but a question or two I think to ask: Star sources in the neighbourhood say that Smith is a victim of a fight between rival factions in the area. Are the known connections of Ford with people in the neighboorhood on one clear side of this divide? Is one faction more likely to have been at 15 Windsor? And by sources in the neighbourhood, does this mean that one guy on the Fifth Estate, or ten gangbangers, or some mothers in the apartments, or a couple social workers?

Try contacting Jayme at jpoisson@thestar.ca

Yeah, well whoever the Star sources are may just be oblivious to fact of what was really going on. The police noted in the ITO of the cell phone activity between Ford and Lisi the night he was killed in parenthesis. That is there for a reason.

Dry drunk?

Possibly, or just between fixes. If you look at the amount of water he was guzzling in counsel yesterday, that is a sign of going for the water high or dehydration. Both these things can be linked to an ongoing addiction.

Jennifer Pags and Jayme Poisson are ADAMANT neighbourhood sources strongly believe the Smith murder was just manslaughter from a gang fight. I think we need to keep reminding ourselves of this, particularly considering what was yelled at Ford in council from the gallery yesterday.

The guy yelling that out made me wince a little. It reminded me too much of rightwing nutjobs in the U.S. screaming about Obama's birth certificate or Bengazi or whatever internet-fueld conspiracy theories are popular at the time. I think people are better off protesting and yelling about the facts that are in front of them. There may very well be a connection between Smith's death and Rob Ford, but until we have more details, it's nothing more than a kooky conspiracy theory-- at least that's the way it comes across.

Possibly, or just between fixes. If you look at the amount of water he was guzzling in counsel yesterday, that is a sign of going for the water high or dehydration. Both these things can be linked to an ongoing addiction.
Or maybe drinking plenty of water everyday is part of his weight loss plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back