News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, not talking to the police is absolutely reasonable, and recommended for anyone. You might've seen this video, entitled "Don't Talk to Police." It's American, but it mostly applies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
My bandwidth limits keep me from watching a 48 minute video, however, I'd hope there might be some room for different expectations of how a random person or the Chief Magistrate of a city should cooperate with police.

The Matt Lauer interview link for those that missed it (easy to do with this thread moving as it has been): http://kfor.com/2013/11/18/matt-lau...nto-mayor-rob-ford-tomorrow-morning-on-today/

One of the best I've seen because he called out both Fords on their BS (except the $1 billion claim) and the follow-up with his fellow co-hosts was good too :)

What I liked about it was it was one of the few American pieces I've seen that actually acknowledges that most Torontonians can't stand the guy and want him gone. The usual deal is they'll list all Rob's transgressions and then sum up with something like " And the people still love him, and the ones we talked to said they'd vote for him again! What a crazy city!"

Staying on the criminality angle.

How many drug dealers would openly hang out with a personality who is constantly photographed and or in the media's eyes?

It's alleged Lisi provided Slob with substances. Does anyone believe that Lisi is just a street level dealer?

Discuss!

Watching The Talk on Global, where of course RoFo was being skewered. There was a hearty round of applause when it was disclosed that many of his mayoral powers had been taken away yesterday. Sharon Osbourne neatly summed it up, with the usual unflattering picture of RoFo in the backround, by saying "He's definitely going to fart and have a heart attack".

There are two kinds of Rob Fords. One is the quiet, downtrodden, barely able to make a sentence, speaking slowly with a scratchy voice Rob Ford, and the other is the animated, full of life one. It's interesting how he can change from one to the other in a matter of hours. I wonder why...
Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde.
[video=youtube;hNm4gCkMatU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNm4gCkMatU[/video]
I can't find the one shot from a better angle, but at least near the beginning of this one, you can see he is the happy drunk Rob: red faced, shaking hands, and smiling when people are screaming 'Shame' at him.
I would doubt he has quit anything except living in consensual reality.

On Citypulse this morning I saw some brief footage of (and I quote) "Mayor Ford and Pam McConnell Hug It Out!" Well, isn't that simply darling? :rolleyes: Chump that I am, I had thought/hoped there might be some penalty to be paid by Mayor Moron for physically bowling over McConnell at council yesterday. As Warren Kinsella said, McConnell should have had Ford charged with assault.

But of course not. Once again, Ford learns the very valuable lesson that actions have absolutely no consequences at all. Well, his actions, at any rate.

Last edited:
My biggest concern in all this is that the number of candidates in the next mayoral race will split the vote so much that Rob will get back in because of the Ford Nationals who just admit that he isn't the guy they want him to be. I really hope there's a single candidate that all the anti-Ford crowd —*which is to say, the vast majority of the city — can rally behind. I realize this isn't a new thought, but it goes through my mind every time I see someone post about how much damage the Fords are doing to their reelection chances.

I sometimes wish there was an option on ballots to vote for who you don't want elected in addition to who you do want elected. A way to vote for the best candidate and against the worst candidate at the same time.
I'm not really worried. If by some miracle Ford actually was re-elected, I doubt if he'd make it to the podium to give his victory speech before an angry mob tore him limb from limb. I really don't think people could stand it, and there would be violence.

upgrayedd.bmp

Ha! Every time I hear the word "upgrade" I think of that movie.

Well, he said he didn't know anyone in that photo. That may be untrue, but I'm not sure that conclusively points to his involvement in Smith's murder, does it? He also refuses to talk to the police about anything at all. You're assuming it's because of Smith. I don't think there's enough evidence to say for sure one way or the other.

There's a big difference between not having conclusive evidence and being a "kooky conspiracy theory".

My bandwidth limits keep me from watching a 48 minute video, however, I'd hope there might be some room for different expectations of how a random person or the Chief Magistrate of a city should cooperate with police.

Those expectations may exist, but they are unfair. A person who talks to the police greatly increases their chances of being tried and convicted, regardless of stature. If you watch the video you'll see how easy it is to incriminate oneself accidentally, even if innocent.

David Price is staying on as a member of Ford's staff. Glad that valuable part of the team will continue his duties. Everything is fine, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back