News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, I've sometimes speculated that Peepers IS Warmington. If not, it's uncanny how his cycle of outrage so carefully follows joe's own.

What he wrote about Jeffrey Simpson is extremely similar to something Warmington tweeted yesterday.

I just heard something on the news that I don't recall being discussed, although I could well have missed it. In the info disclosed yesterday, Lisi offered a pound of marijuana to the people who had Ford's missing cell phone. Does that not beg the question,yet again, as to the company Ford keeps?

Hillier's proposal is to allow voters recall a politician if they get the support of at least 25 per cent of the people who voted in the last election.

The politician would be removed from office and a byelection would be held. The recalled politician could still run as a candidate.

His bill was introduced Oct. 30 -- a day before Toronto police confirmed that they seized a video that media outlets have alleged appears to show Ford smoking crack cocaine.

http://www.cp24.com/news/ford/tory-proposes-recall-law-for-misbehaving-mayors-1.1552411

eh7wqhh.jpg

Ha!

Hey, the Star wrote about this in early October. This got me wondering how does Lisi have such convenient access to weed that he can use it as currency? Probably has a grow op somewhere.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...friends_hunt_for_cellphone_sparked_probe.html

His friend at the dry cleaners had a medical license to grow a large amount of pot, I think it was 300 plants. I don't know if he can grow and sell to other medical users, but based on the ITO he is growing a lot of weed for just his personal use.

Wasn't the dry cleaner complaining to the u/c about how the people running the Supertest grow-op were ripping him off? Also, his Med licence allowed him to possess 30 lbs of cultivated bud.

Wasn't the dry cleaner complaining to the u/c about how the people running the Supertest grow-op were ripping him off? Also, his Med licence allowed him to possess 30 lbs of cultivated bud.

His licence allows him to have a lot more weed than he would ever need for personal use. I've always thought something was very fishy about the Supertest Rd. grow-op. What kind of a landlord allows full-scale grow-ops for several growers?

Last edited:
I've got it Peepers, next election, you visit the 100-odd debates and tell the candidate wannabe-mayors that they can't die, resign, run for other government or be removed for conflict of interest, lest democracy be slapped in the face with the glove of council's discretion to appoint or call an election.

Please, show me the posts of your outrage at Peter Leon being appointed to ward 3, and maybe then I'll believe your righteous indignation.

This.

All the people equating "democracy" with "elections" drive me goddamn bananas. I'm not sure how I feel about a "licence to vote" but this idea should be stamped out by the time you pass a 9th grade history or civics class.

The belief that democracy is nothing more than periodic popularity contests, with nothing in between them, is exactly the kind of foolish and false reduction of ideas and issues that makes a Rob Ford possible. Democracy is a complex system of checks and balances on power. It's not simple and definitely not binary---not "I got elected, so we're done." It should ALWAYS be in flux, reviewed and revised to better serve the needs of everyone participating in it.

SFO:

Indeed - which is also why the electorate had trouble understanding why the proposed 3 party alliance during Harper's prorogation crisis was entirely legitimate. Personally, I am quite sick and tired of lazy people who throw the word democracy around while taking absolutely no effort to understand how it is actualized.

AoD

And, for the sake of argument (and *not* out of forecast or wishful think), what if Ford died in office? Or *any* sitting Mayor? Is the "unelected replacement" to be such a sticking point?

And, for the sake of argument (and *not* out of forecast or wishful think), what if Ford died in office? Or *any* sitting Mayor? Is the "unelected replacement" to be such a sticking point?

This whole "unelected" thing is a perfect example! "We the people" CHOSE the "unelected" system when we elected representatives who acted on our behalf to pass laws and statutes and regulations INCLUDING the ones that say "this is how the Leader of the Liberal Party gets selected" and "this is the succession of power when a sitting Mayor acts in extremely bad faith." If WE don't like those systems now then WE are free to work to change them any time, by putting pressure on our representatives or voting for representatives who agree. Is this really hard to understand or something?

Simple! The mayor's corpse will be dragged around to council meetings by their chief of staff cuz democracy.

Gotcha

And so I'm going to go on some speculation here...And obviously none of us know what is in the redacted sections.

Why would the lawyer argue, in an attempt to hold back the wiretap, that evidence about how Lisi found out about the video is not yet before the courts?

I'm not a lawyer, but I think answer is pretty simple. Lisi has been formally charged and will, eventually, face trial. It's likely that the issue of how he learned about the video will be part of the Crown's evidence. Previewing evidence to the public in advance of a trial is a big no-no, as it's considered prejudicial to the defence, especially if the case is to be heard by a jury rather than by a judge alone. So, the lawyer is saying that, to protect Lisi's right to a fair trial, information relating to his knowledge of the vid should be withheld until it is presented in court, where the defence can respond to it, if it chooses. It's a due process thing, as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back