News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a nice joke. It really seems like the several days of workouts and sobriety following recent events at council have cleared his mind and instilled a new found sense of humility and friendliness with colleagues and the media. Maybe he does deserve a second chance, after all hes still the only one I seen down at city hall fightin to save my tax dollars! Hard to keep hatin the big lug when he can poke fun at himself like that eh LOL hahah xD

He's got my vote.

I am not completely surprised. Anecdotally I've heard of fairly strong support by the North Toronto crowd back in 2010, but of course at this point they'd never admit to it. Expect this group to line up behind Stintz.

AoD

Lots of my Lawrence Park/banker friends voted for Ford, but will never do so again (at least partly due to my incessant needling).

Last edited:
Self-deprecation?
I voted for him at advanced polls! What a guy!

The campaign is on, right? That was a campaign speech, right?

I'm confused. ;)

That was a nice joke. It really seems like the several days of workouts and sobriety following recent events at council have cleared his mind and instilled a new found sense of humility and friendliness with colleagues and the media. Maybe he does deserve a second chance, after all hes still the only one I seen down at city hall fightin to save my tax dollars! Hard to keep hatin the big lug when he can poke fun at himself like that eh LOL hahah xD

Are you not paying attention or something?

Self-deprecation?
I voted for him at advanced polls! What a guy!

The campaign is on, right? That was a campaign speech, right?

I'm confused. ;)

Since we're on the subject of campaigns, some people are looking closely at Rob's financial support in 2010.

Truman ‏@SnidelyBacklash 1h
@robyndoolittle Seems many children and dead people gave $2500 to Ford Campaign.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4Zff70kfWQdHZmN2t3Y0F6OUJmNDJCbDEyVUR5aEE&usp=sharing … … #TOpoli

https://twitter.com/MrIanMacIntyre/status/403670793793863681

I hate it when I'm right, I tried to avoid his disposition of being a fundimental dogmatist, not wanting to believe Robbie was Tea Party, however, all I have to say right now is "Yankee Go Home!!!"

that tweet was from the parody account -- @TOMayorFrod :p

it followed:
Mayor Rob Frod ‏@TOMayorFrod 1h
After Cllr Thompson droning on for so long, this crowd is really going to eat up my cunnilingus joke. #PubicSpeaking #Toronto #TOpoli

The amount of people not living in Toronto who gave him loot makes me sad.

What, Toronto being a good third mentally stunted wasn't bad enough?

Interesting though....I'm sure the research is on, hard.

Since we're on the subject of campaigns, some people are looking closely at Rob's financial support in 2010.

Truman ‏@SnidelyBacklash 1h
@robyndoolittle Seems many children and dead people gave $2500 to Ford Campaign.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4Zff70kfWQdHZmN2t3Y0F6OUJmNDJCbDEyVUR5aEE&usp=sharing … … #TOpoli

https://twitter.com/MrIanMacIntyre/status/403670793793863681

"Seems many children and dead people gave $2500 to Ford Campaign."

Covering the spectrum. He really is the mayor of all the folks. He loves them po' people 'specially.

Just speculating a bit on who "Juiceman" might be. People are wondering if it could be Ford's new trainer, but I think it's more likely to be Payman Aboodowleh. I say this because it's already been established that he has a relationship with both Ford and Lisi. Lisi's been described as being Payman's "enforcer", partly because they were seen together so often. Based on that, the concept of the two of them going over to the Basso's to try and retrieve the video isn't that inconceivable. I also think Ford would be more likely to bring in one of his football friends instead of some random gym rat. It comes down to that whole loyalty thing that the Ford's seem to be fond of.

At the very least, there's also a similarity between the names Payman and Juiceman.

Just to refresh our memories, here's an excerpt from the original Globe story re: Aboodowleh:

The Globe has interviewed numerous people enmeshed in Etobicoke’s drug subculture and who know Mr. Lisi in an effort to understand how he became acquainted with the mayor. One of the connection points that emerged in those interviews was Mr. Aboodowleh.

“I bet my name came up,†said Mr. Aboodowleh, who was wearing a black tank top and green Don Bosco Eagles shorts when he was approached for an interview. He referred to the scandal surrounding the mayor and Mr. Lisi as “a great adventure.â€

“Like, one day if it comes out in a book, you’ll be like ‘Wow.’â€

Mr. Aboodowleh denied that he had assaulted anyone on behalf of Mr. Lisi but acknowledged that they were long-time associates. His reputation as an enforcer for Mr. Lisi is the product of people who have seen him with Mr. Lisi over the years and jumped to conclusions, he said. “People saw me and must have thought ‘Don’t fuck with Sandro.’ †He added later about Mr. Lisi: “I don’t know what he does now. I don’t even talk about that guy or like to hear his name.â€

But in the pocket of central Etobicoke that serves as the mayor’s political base, Mr. Aboodowleh’s street fights are the stuff of legend. Numerous people interviewed for this story, all of whom spoke on the condition that they would not be identified because of what they said was Mr. Lisi’s history of harassing those who cross him, recalled Mr. Aboodowleh taking on multiple opponents at the same time. Three people who said they had direct knowledge of Mr. Lisi’s drug-dealing operations referred to Mr. Aboodowleh as one of Mr. Lisi’s assets – someone who could be called upon if Mr. Lisi was threatened or if a client needed to be scared into paying their debt.

Who knows what the sequence of the interviews was, but it certainly reads like Aboodowleh was at first proudly bragging about his rep and past utility to Lisi, and only later realized that he should be putting some distance between them (i.e. “I don’t know wha he does now. I don’t even talk about that guy or like to hear his name.â€).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back