News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a few days before Rob returns to form and pulls out the old "this city is on the verge of bankruptcy" BS...

Yep. He went ahead and said it. What a surprise.

And it's so wonderful he deigned to speak with the media.
As soon as he starts on this tack they should roll their eyes, put their cameras and mics down and ask, "Anything else?"

Also, what's the dif for an average homeowner between 1.75 and 2.5%? Like $7 or something? ATROCIOUS!
[Edit- looks more like $15. Apologies!]

Last edited:
And it's so wonderful he deigned to speak with the media.
As soon as he starts on this tack they should roll their eyes, put their cameras and mics down and ask, "Anything else?"

Also, what's the dif for an average homeowner between 1.75 and 2.5%? Like $7 or something? ATROCIOUS!

Ford's making a fool of himself for $13/household. But hey, whatever works.

And the return to the gravy train is all that a lot of people will hear and believe.

That can be spun against him. How effective a job did he do if it can be undone so swiftly? How come he increased pay for his staff?

Ford may well have stopped the gravy train but he crammed the turkey's butt full of stuffing.

Doug Ford once said that his brother is a social liberal (and are Obama supporters) and Rob Ford said in the crack cocaine video that he was supposed to be right-wing.

Rob Ford is not a real conservative, as he would spend so much money on subways to nowhere.

Same reason as how there are many "conservative" Family Guy fans, despite the fact that Seth MacFarlane votes for Obama, is an atheist, and is a thorn on the side of moral guardians.

Last edited:

Here's a direct link to the thread with the Lisi info.

http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...t_explain_why_police_didnt_arrest_rob/cdmkk6w

reddit said:
Word going around is that Lisi did get it back. The phone wasn't recovered, the video on a hard drive was.

I am well connected with some rather shady people who have had dealings on Dixon.

---

Supposedly he showed up with a bag of cash, gave $1000 to someone who directed him to the man who had the phone.

If this is true, the phone was likely returned to Ford that day as they had numerous calls the night before. It would also explain why Ford came out saying the video doesn't exist since he recovered the evidence.

---

Nobody was paid $1000 for the video. The story says they were paid cash to tell Lisi WHO had the video.
The weed bit makes sense. As a former dealer, Lisi knew to negotiate and pay as little as possible before settling on the amount.
Once Lisi was able to determine who had the phone, that person was extorted. From what my source said, Lisi didn't pay a cent for the phone and instead threatened his life, families life, of the individual and got the phone back.
When police recovered the video, it was from a deleted hard drive which may indicate that an effort was made to remove traces of it.

---

Haven't heard but it sure sounds like it was the same person. Someone arrested in the Project Traveller raid.

I was told it was a random young kid (late teens early 20s) who told Lisi all he needed to know which would also explain why he was satisfied with so little for potentially putting his life on the life.

From the sounds of it, Lisi doesn't seem to bright, however, he is fearless. He confronted all these gang members alone and extorted them with ease.

My boss is Chinese and she said she, her husband and all her friends voted Ford, because they are all fiscal conservatives. They are not happy with him now due to his shenanigans, but they'll be looking for another fiscal conservative to vote for next election. Don't think that will be Chow.

Didn't many of the older folks in the various immigrant communities support Ford last time because they approved of his reactionary politics? His open and undisguised homophobia, for example? I don't doubt a lot of easily duped chumps believed his lies about being a "fiscal conservative," but don't assume his cultural politics had nothing to do with it.

That can be spun against him.

It had damned well better be. And many other things besides. The problem is that a large percentage (if not most) of the spokespeople I see on the left - as well as general liberals, small 'c' conservatives, middle of the road types and self-styled centrists - tend to be politically tone deaf, if not out-and-out useless. And I say that as someone who's technically a leftist himself. I've watched the council basically do nothing but gape like goldfish at Ford's antics, which does nothing but add to the sense of his invincibility, and that's a genuine turn-on for the mindset that supports imbecile sociopaths like Ford.

It's all the more frustrating because, really, the Fords' tactics are so painfully transparent and obvious. Political geniuses, they ain't. Look how many people here accurately predicted Mayor Moron's bullshit at City Hall today. But no-one in an actual position of power in Toronto appears to have the first clue in how to smack down demagogic bullies like the Fords. And they really should have some idea of how to deal with such creatures.

Look how many people here accurately predicted Mayor Moron's bullshit at City Hall today.

Predicting Ford's take on matters of political import is as simple as assembling a list of recently-used catchphrases and talking points, sprinkling in some bluster, adding threats and/or incoherence to taste, shaking it all together and flinging it at whoever is listening. Predicting the lottery numbers, it ain't.

"Word going around is that Lisi did get it back. "
"Lisi didn't pay a cent for the phone and instead threatened his life, families life, of the individual and got the phone back."

I'm confused. How can someone get something back when that person wasn't the owner to begin with? Is this person implying that it was Ford's phone that was used to film him and then the phone was stolen that night?

Predicting Ford's take on matters of political import is as simple as assembling a list of recently-used catchphrases and talking points, sprinkling in some bluster, adding threats and/or incoherence to taste, shaking it all together and flinging it at whoever is listening. Predicting the lottery numbers, it ain't.

It would be helpful if some others stood and up debunked it and then flung it all back so that Ford doesn't get the only soundbites. The media love his bluster and outrage, but there needs to be someone strong counteracting it, or this will go on week after week.

"Word going around is that Lisi did get it back. "
"Lisi didn't pay a cent for the phone and instead threatened his life, families life, of the individual and got the phone back."

I'm confused. How can someone get something back when that person wasn't the owner to begin with? Is this person implying that it was Ford's phone that was used to film him and then the phone was stolen that night?

Lisi GOT the phone but he probably had the video deleted from it and demanded they delete it from the hard drive and dump the trash can - that is why it was recovered from the "deletion" within the hard-drive. You can even recover data from a reformatted drive if the sector hasn't been too heavily propagated.

Yes - almost everyone who works with computers unless you crush a hard drive you can recover almost everything off of it - Lisi probably didn't think of just taking the hard drive and having it torched or drilled. All banks and Insurance companies have their hard drives crushed - once a platter is distorted data recovery in 100 percent impossible.

Last edited:
Yes - almost everyone who works with computers unless you crush a hard drive you can recover almost everything off of it - Lisi probably didn't think of just taking the hard drive and having it torched or drilled. All banks and Insurance companies have their hard drives crushed - once a platter is distorted data recovery in 100 percent impossible.

O/T but I have an old computer and I've been wondering about getting it recycled. (By old I mean OLD -- Windows 2000 old :p). It died abruptly so I couldn't reformat the hard drive or delete stuff (just couldn't get back into it to do anything, obviously wasn't worth paying to fix such a relic).

I don't have any sensitive/illegal stuff on it but I am worried about identity theft, which is why I haven't given it to be recycled. Instead it's been sitting on my balcony for the last 4 years. Do you think data is still recoverable even after 4 years of rain, snow, heat, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back