News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sharing, on the subject of #topoli. Here's my "master cleanse" URL: https://twitter.com/search?q=-LYNCH...JetsTO -GSawision #topoli&src=typd&f=realtime

If you use this, you can follow the thread without seeing any tweets from the usual morons. It's tough to maintain because there's one psycho named Damany who keeps getting banned from Twitter but then popping up 10 minutes later with a new handle. BUT, if you use this URL and do want to add names, it's easy---you can just type them into the URL. The formula is -[NAME]%20

It should be said that Nordheimer's ruling has NOTHING TO DO with the Crown's attempt to build their case, but with the principle of open courts trumping any privacy concerns and completely unscientific claims about 'biased' juries in the wake of highly publicized details.

I think we're on the same page here. I was responding to this:
I don't know how I feel about it. Everyone could just be harming the Crown's case against Lisi (and Ford) just to satisfy their curiosity and having something to talk about on the internet.

So yeah, the "public interest" here is the public good, not public curiosity.

I didn't mean to suggest that Nordheimer's ruling would be affected by the Crown's technically unrelated case-building activities, but rather that he is aware of the scenario and surely competent to make the correct decision according to the statute, precedent and the good of the public at large.

Would The Star know what's in the new material already? I didn't think they got to have a preview of it.

Just sharing, on the subject of #topoli. Here's my "master cleanse" URL: https://twitter.com/search?q=-LYNCH...JetsTO -GSawision #topoli&src=typd&f=realtime

If you use this, you can follow the thread without seeing any tweets from the usual morons. It's tough to maintain because there's one psycho named Damany who keeps getting banned from Twitter but then popping up 10 minutes later with a new handle. BUT, if you use this URL and do want to add names, it's easy---you can just type them into the URL. The formula is -[NAME]%20

Nice!

Nerd note: from a URL-hacking standpoint, you probably don't even need the %20; 20 is 32 in hexadecimal, and 32 is the ASCII code for a space. So you can [almost] always just replace %20 with a space, and the server will interpret it as necessary.

Yes, I see him all the time on the #topoli hashtag...what is known about Leon Brule?

Not much -- Warren Kinsella called him out with his real name and address after being continually harassed. His schtick is to ask rhetorical questions that put words in people's mouths. For example, someone will tweet about Shelly Carroll advocating for colour-coded subways and he will respond "Shelly Carroll wants colour-coded subways? Does she not want colourblind people riding on the subway?"

Nice!

Nerd note: from a URL-hacking standpoint, you probably don't even need the %20; 20 is 32 in hexadecimal, and 32 is the ASCII code for a space. So you can [almost] always just replace %20 with a space, and the server will interpret it as necessary.

Definitely not a nerd in that sense, just figured out a trick that worked ;)

This should make the "Toronto’s Watergate? The inside scoop on how the media exposed Rob Ford" Q&A tommorrow verrrry interesting!

Sattva -- aka Leon Brule -- is a fucking idiot who spends literally all day on twitter twisting words, asking rhetorical questions and being a general douchebag troll.

Including this weaseliness:

https://twitter.com/shelleycarroll/status/405544836486291456

Sattva Namaste ‏@Sattva01 17h
@shelleycarroll Hilarious! Every drawing of a family was that of traditional family. #Toronto trying to lose the downtown fag image?

Yes, but more so the contents.

I don't know the specifics (or at least can't confirm), but disturbing, shocking and disgusting are all words used to describe. Perhaps confirming earlier suspicions and leaks.

At this point, there's nothing Ford can do that would be shocking, distrubing or disgusting. Perhaps with the exception of him actively working wiht organized crime or being involved in some kind of murder.

Not much -- Warren Kinsella called him out with his real name and address after being continually harassed. His schtick is to ask rhetorical questions that put words in people's mouths. For example, someone will tweet about Shelly Carroll advocating for colour-coded subways and he will respond "Shelly Carroll wants colour-coded subways? Does she not want colourblind people riding on the subway?"

I found a 2011 post from Kinsella's blog, where Leon Brule dumps some mental garbage about Twitter and justifying deception.

I guess Twitter wasn't as ubiquitous as it is now, since Kinsella pulls together some descriptive quotes about Twitter, and one of them is "[Twitter is] the crack cocaine of social media". What a jolly coincidence! :)

At this point, there's nothing Ford can do that would be shocking, distrubing or disgusting. Perhaps with the exception of him actively working wiht organized crime or being involved in some kind of murder.

Yeah, I don't think more evidence of general sleaze is going to move the needle much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back