8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
hence the "for what it's worth" :)

I've seen a number of calls for "impeachment", but this is the first time I've seen an actual petition. It was just shared by the Facebook page that was started in response to the page started by Mammoliti so I expect it will get a few more signatures.

There is no process for impeaching a sitting Toronto Mayor. He'd have to be convicted of a crime.

You don't need to impeach him anyway. If 23 councillors start voting against him, he'll have no power to do anything.

I thought it involved changes to the naturalization of the Don, which begins north of Lakeshore.

I was unaware that the Monorail was all south of Lakeshore and East of Cherry. That does seem bizarre to me .. but I'm sure you know better than me, I haven't seen a lot of information that Doug Ford provided, so I won't complain then. It's clearly not the issue I thought it was.

I obviously didn't know better than you... I was mistakenly under the impression that the flood protection was sacrosanct -- who knew you could toss it all aside with cool PowerPoint?

As Environment Days are one of the things Mr Ford wants to get rid of one wonders why he is doing this! Will he be taking home a bag of compost, or rolling in it :->

Media Advisory

September 7, 2011

Mayor Ford at Community Environment Day event tomorrow

The public is invited to join Mayor Rob Ford to celebrate the 20-year milestone of the City of Toronto Community Environment Days program. These annual community events across Toronto promote the importance of re-using, re-cycling and safely disposing of unwanted household items while reducing waste going to landfill.

Date: Thursday, September 8
Time: 4 to 8 p.m. (Mayor Ford on site from 4 to 6 p.m.)
Location: Colonel Danforth Park, 73 Colonel Danforth Trail, at Kingston Road

This event will feature information showcasing waste reduction, water efficiency and other green initiatives. Arts and crafts materials will be collected for reuse by local schools. Household hazardous waste and electronics will be accepted for recycling or proper disposal. Green Bins, kitchen containers and other Solid Waste Management and Toronto Water products will be available for purchase or to exchange for broken ones, and will be available free to new residents who provide identification with proof of new residency.

A giant pile of leaf compost will be available to gardening enthusiasts. Each household can take as much as a cubic metre of the compost home at no charge.

So it seems that the next thing on the chopping block is the pedestrian scrambles downtown.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/07/scramble-intersection-under-city-scrutiny

Scramble intersection under city scrutiny 27

BY DON PEAT
CITY HALL BUREAU CHIEF
FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 07, 2011 01:42 PM EDT

TORONTO - The scramble intersection at Yonge and Dundas Sts. could be on the chopping block.

Public works chairman Denzil Minnan-Wong introduced a surprise review of the intersection as part of the downtown transportation operations study.

Councillors on the committee are expected to give the study, which will look for cheap, quick fixes to downtown gridlock, the green light sometime Wednesday.

Minnan-Wong says he drives on Dundas St. through the intersection regularly and feels there is "significant added congestion."

"The amount of traffic that flows through is cut in half because of the extra cycle that pedestrians receive," he told reporters Wednesday. "Especially during the p.m. rush hour you have cars queuing back all the way to Elizabeth St.

"I think we need to examine whether we are improving traffic or actually making it worse on Dundas."

Introduced by the city back in 2008, the Yonge and Dundas pedestrian scramble, or "Barnes Dance," allowed pedestrians to cross the intersection diagonally once every signal cycle by giving car traffic in all directions a red light. Scramble intersections have since been installed at Yonge and Bloor and Bay and Bloor.

Minnan-Wong says a review is needed given the fact some councillors and residents want to introduce more scramble intersections.

"This was a novel idea when it was introduced … I think it is thoroughly appropriate we look at what has been achieved by putting in this unique traffic situation," he said.

If approved Wednesday, the downtown gridlock study would start in November and have a final report back to the public works committee by June 2012.

Denzil Minnan-Wong is a tool. If he had any idea, he would know that the amount of pedestrians in the area far outweighs the number of people in cars. So why give priority to the single-occupancy vehicle? The whole point of the scramble intersection is to improve PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC. Yonge and Dundas was a complete disaster without the scramble intersection. I was being pushed onto the road because of the amount of pedestrians. Minnan-Wong loves to remove infrastructure and waste money doesn't he? All in the name of the mighty car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back