News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh....and, uh, he happens to be CHIEF MAGISTRATE. That used to mean something.

If I get too drunk, who cares? I'm not in a position of any authority. (Working class scum, right here)

He is, and he has acted a complete fool.

"Well, you know what magistrates are. The lowest form of pond life. When a fellow hasn't the brains and initiative to sell jellied eels, they make him a magistrate."

- P. G. Wodehouse

(So we may be working class scum, but he's officially pond scum.)

Pretty appalling that the Post would let him use his position there to comment on a potential lawsuit in which he would be a defendant. But they do seem to have a soft spot for their old Proprietor.

Not defending Lord BlackAdder but, is he named as a party in the notice? Thought that, apart from Ford, it was just Vision/Zoomer. Black has made it clear (clumsily. mind you) that in his own mind he was just an employee. That would appear to be his stickin' story.

That's why I'm confused about Lord Black. He should've known.

Though, given that article, it looks like he's trying to cover his ass.

"Well, you know what magistrates are. The lowest form of pond life. When a fellow hasn't the brains and initiative to sell jellied eels, they make him a magistrate."

- P. G. Wodehouse

(So we may be working class scum, but he's officially pond scum.)

Hahaaa....a perfect sending off to bed.

Thank you. :)

However, your strategy is what Mr. Black wrote in his column today:

"I took this to mean that Ford was uncertain of what he was dealing with until he saw that it was a journalist; and that he considered Mr. Dale to be unacceptably nosy, but there was no thought that Mr. Dale himself was himself a deviant. ... As the show was being aired, Star spokespeople accused the mayor of implying that Mr. Dale was a pedophile. He did not, and none of us at the program interpreted his remarks in that way."

Jesus. Three possible explanations for that ...

(1) Black is utterly dishonest and is working for the Fords for God knows what compensation.

(2) Black is really really stupid.

(3) Black is disappointed that not everybody in the universe respects him as the greatest asshole ever, and you know, he's doing what he can to get his numbers up.

I'm going with (3).

Apart from the constant lying, what really bothers me is the hypocrisy. Obviously his anti-gang rhetoric has been exposed as bullshit but there was a time when he wanted the public to see him as being tough on crime and gangs but now we know that he was doing business with them the whole time. Rob Ford is a phony.

That's great news, he is so funny:cool:
Also new fake for hotmail lawyer is pretty good, Dennis Morris Esq.

It's a localized storm (Call In The Army!) of insider parody. Hit n' miss. But worth a follow. The warped legal nostalgia of Dennis Morris, Esq. is tragic in a funny way. It's probably an @MayorFrod SP. The writing is good.

It's a localized storm (Call In The Army!) of insider parody. Hit n' miss. But worth a follow. The warped legal nostalgia of Dennis Morris, Esq. is tragic in a funny way. It's probably an @MayorFrod SP. The writing is good.

SP means "sock puppet", no? If so, props to the dude for managing all the character switches so adroitly. I think @r_levant might be part of the cycle ...

Reasonable Ezra ‏@r_levant 11h
When I find out I was wrong about something, I immediately apologize and try to make amends. It's the right thing to do.

Not defending Lord BlackAdder but, is he named as a party in the notice? Thought that, apart from Ford, it was just Vision/Zoomer. Black has made it clear (clumsily. mind you) that in his own mind he was just an employee. That would appear to be his stickin' story.

Hmm, good point. But what a shame that The Star had a chance to put Mr. Black on the receiving end of a libel suit, and they passed!

I have trouble believing that this is something the Mayor "randomly dredged up in the past few weeks". My impression of that Conrad Black interview was that it was rehearsed, if not scripted to some extent. Unless he's delusional, Rob Ford knows that most of what he said about the Daniel Dale incident is provably wrong. So why would he choose to bring up this particular incident and frame it in this particular way? If it was a spontaneous outburst, I could understand that, but it didn't seem spontaneous at all. It seemed very deliberate (even to the point of not saying "that word").

Why is Ford going after Daniel Dale? I would have thought that there were other reporters who would be much higher up the list of people the Mayor would like to get removed from reporting on him. And why would he do it now, so long after the episode? Bringing it up again just gives everyone a chance to go over the details. And those details look even worse when viewed in light of everything we now know. Now that we've seen the "I'll rip his throat out" video, a raging Rob Ford is so much easier to picture.

Did Daniel Dale do something particularly harmful to the Ford brothers?

Off the top of my head I see to possible reasons, one, a distraction from the whole "I'm working out and dieting" thing surronding the drug abuse admission, and two, look like a victim to the great TorStar/Lefty consiracy that Georgy has been stressed out about, mentally and financially.

Jesus. Three possible explanations for that ...

(1) Black is utterly dishonest and is working for the Fords for God knows what compensation.

(2) Black is really really stupid.

(3) Black is disappointed that not everybody in the universe respects him as the greatest asshole ever, and you know, he's doing what he can to get his numbers up.

I'm going with (3).

(4) Black is employed by the Jason Kenney wing of the Cons, who want the embarrassing RoFo out of office so he stops hurting the brand. Black set RoFo up for a fall. :eek: :p /tinfoil

Did Daniel Dale do something particularly harmful to the Ford brothers?

I doubt Ford liked having his plans to buy public land exposed, but maybe it's more a question of opportunity? To my knowledge, no other reporter has had a one-on-one confrontation with him. As for the specific content of the smear, Dale is a small, boyish-looking man who wears glasses and does intellectual stuff for a living, which means he doesn't fit the Ford Nation idea of masculinity -- and the "intellectual=effeminate=gay" and "gay=pedophile" ideas still have major currency in the minds of troglodytes like the Fords and their troglodyte Nation. Recall him calling Justin Trudeau a "f*g" in the crack video -- I'm sure he's wanted to use that slur about Dale before.

I expect he would be repeating the "went in my back yard and took photos of my kids" lie if it had been Robyn Doolittle in that park, but even his supporters won't readily buy the suggestion that an attractive young woman is a pedophile. Instead Doolittle and other female reporters get the "crazy obsessed stalker" smear, possibly with hints that they are romantically obsessed with the Fords, which isn't as bad as "pedophile" because really, nothing is.

But how many of us know suppliers who operate at a level that requires them to think about whether they are being secretly recorded? That is by no means "regular", regardless of what other jobs that person might hold or how they dress or whatever. To know ONE person like that is uncommon, to know more strikes me as particularly noteworthy, and that's why I asked.
I'm not, nor have I ever been a drug dealer, but I'm worried about being secretly recorded. Not because I have anything to hide, but because I'm a privacy advocate, and we live in a world where most people have uncontrollable spying devices on their person. I have a hard time imagining a drug dealer at any level not being concerned for their operational security. On that note, I have to go finish assembling my newest tin foil hat.

This conversation is inadvertently revealing a weird contradiction. UTers are saying "lots of of us know people who deal drugs" and yet there are hundreds of pages full of "OMG Rob Ford associates with drug dealers" on UT as well.

The difference is that most UTers are not elected officials that claim they have a zero tolerance attitude towards gangs. I would imagine most UTers that know "drug dealers", know small time cannabis dealers. There's an argument to be made that cannabis has to come from somewhere, and somewhere up the chain, there's gangs, or even organized crime involved, but with cannabis it's also possible it was grown in somebody's closet. In Ford's case he wasn't hanging out with small time cannabis retailers, he was hanging out with gang members zero degrees of separation away from violent crime.

(4) Black is employed by the Jason Kenney wing of the Cons, who want the embarrassing RoFo out of office so he stops hurting the brand. Black set RoFo up for a fall. :eek: :p /tinfoil

Put the tinfoil away, for this makes absolute sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back