News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone Right leaning candidates runs and steal all of their slogans and jargon.

Fords: "Respect for taxpayers!"
Challenger : "More respect for Taxpayers!!"

Fs: "Blargg! Saved a Billion Dollars!"
C: "guaranteed to save you a Billion Dollars!!"

Fs: "stop the gravy train!"
C: "stop the lies!"

A little bit off-topic, but I'm imagining what that would do to Cherry Beach and the Islands themselves, and I'm not liking what I'm imagining.

Sure, it'd be great for me personally; ride my bike down there, walk it across and I'm on the islands!

However, that'd then bring huge human traffic through what I consider the most beautiful (and remote) area of the Islands - the Ward's Island wilderness. Cherry Beach would be full of people trying to park.

Thankfully I can be certain that Ford wouldn't go for it; it'd be seen as a boondoggle helping the elites who live [in huts, mostly] on the Islands.

Edit: also, as retailestate points out, this is a non-starter because ships!

A gondola to the Islands is the only practical way to bridge the gap without impeding boating/shipping traffic.

Just as I'm longing for the day where Rob and Doug are out of City Hall, I'm looking forward to Nunziata being removed as Speaker.

Removed? Hell, as far as I'm concerned, she should be tarred and feathered and run out of City Hall (if not Toronto) on a rail.

But as long as we're on the subject: Seeing as Fat Boy is now Mayor in name only, is there any way of dumping Nunziata and replacing her as Speaker with somebody who's actually capable of holding order? What's the protocol here?

And if there is a way, why aren't the other Councillors banding together to do just that? Isn't it past time they pulled their collective thumb out? What are they waiting for? For Ford to take a loaded gun to council and start indiscriminatey firing above their heads? Doing nothing until next October other than wring their hands and look stunned and helpless every time the Fords or their cronies start some new outrage simply isn't going to cut it.

A gondola to the Islands is the only practical way to bridge the gap without impeding boating/shipping traffic.

Yeah, but where would you put the beginning and end of the gondola run? Where would the masts go that hold the cable up? For such a short crossing, you'd need an awful lot of space for the ascent and descent.

There's no reason that the amount of shipping currently going through the Eastern Gap would make a bascule bridge unfeasible. Busier ports than ours have them.

Yeah, but where would you put the beginning and end of the gondola run? Where would the masts go that hold the cable up? For such a short crossing, you'd need an awful lot of space for the ascent and descent.

There's no reason that the amount of shipping currently going through the Eastern Gap would make a bascule bridge unfeasible. Busier ports than ours have them.

The bridge span supports required would still narrow the gap. The entire Gap could be bridged without impedance by support towers... As to where the terminus would be located - that can be debated but there are lots of good options.

Moderators: We should move this discussion elsewhere.

I hope someone Right leaning candidates runs and steal all of their slogans and jargon.

Fords: "Respect for taxpayers!"
Challenger : "More respect for Taxpayers!!"

Fs: "Blargg! Saved a Billion Dollars!"
C: "guaranteed to save you a Billion Dollars!!"

Fs: "stop the gravy train!"
C: "stop the lies!"
that's not going to work at all

ford will just say that these similar slogans simply confirm that he's been doing a great job

Speaking of slogans, here's a good one:
1533923_10152161910281221_598960996_n.jpg

Speaking of slogans, here's a good one:
1533923_10152161910281221_598960996_n.jpg

As a recovering Catholic, the first words that came to mind when I read the title was the words Jesus supposedly said on the cross:
Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.

The image above should be changed to:
FORDgive me, Father
photo
For I know not what I do.
I am a terrible mayor.
EDIT' here is my paint hack job!
fordgive me.jpg

Attachments

• fordgive me.jpg
    fordgive me.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
There lies the problem with Nunziata, she allows Rob and Doug to go off like firecrackers but heaven help any other Councillor who does the same. She won't even ask for an apology with some of the crazy crap that comes out of their mouths unless another Councillor stands and asks for an apology and then it takes her numerous requests to get one, if at all. Also, questions and debate are generally through the Speaker, Rob and Doug are famous for breaking that rule but other Council members generally adhere to it, because they know they'd be shut down by her. When things get too heated (almost exclusively triggered by Rob or Doug) and when she's clearly lost control, she adjourns for a short period in favor of dealing with the problem head-on. For regular Council watchers such as myself it's clear as day that Nunziata favors and does not always follow protocol for Rob and Doug, but for other Councillors she does. Most other Councillors simply won't sink to the level of Rob and Doug, they are respectful of the chamber, procedures and rules.

That's what you get when the goons pick the referees.

Wynne is really going out of her way to distance herself from Ford. Think she knows something we don't about the police investigation?

She has not changed her position on meeting with Rob Ford since he was stripped of some of his powers by council. I don't think restating this (because the big guy seems to have forgotten) means that she nows more about the investigation.

She has not changed her position on meeting with Rob Ford since he was stripped of some of his powers by council. I don't think restating this (because the big guy seems to have forgotten) means that she nows more about the investigation.
Perhaps a "Who? Rob Ford? Never heard of him" response might mean something but we're not at that point yet.

Wynne is really going out of her way to distance herself from Ford. Think she knows something we don't about the police investigation?
I think she just has a low tolerance for BS, stupidity and buffoons. Good on her. More people should follow her example in this.

I don't understand why he's trying to force this meeting. Didn't they just request money from the province and feds Monday? Why isn't he demanding to meet Harper, too.

He also doesn't get that she isn't meeting with him because of his constant insults to her about being an unelected Premier.

Ford just wants to be legitimized

I really hope he doesn't think that getting the money is hinging on a 1 on 1 meeting

Pretty sure Wynne is pretty clear on what Toronto needs....the city she lives in

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1h
Mayor Rob Ford says he wants a "straight answer" from Premier Kathleen Wynne on how much province will give on storm costs #TOpoli

So now RoFo wants a "straight answer"!! This is too rich!!

In that case, I'd also like a "straight answer" from him to a long list of questions that he has managed to avoid answering for almost a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back