News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my message above. You are wrong. 100%.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/late-for-speech-rob-ford-says-he-was-stuck-in-elevator-1.1652147

Scroll down and in the inset it has a pic of rob and Rhiannon and she is wearing the same stuff as the facebook photo.
No conspiracy. Move on, ;)

Last edited:
On another note, I've been wearing a "Ford Must Go" button for a few months on my coat. I've been told by many strangers on the TTC that they love the button. Never once has anyone said anything negative, just positive. One lady even told me she'd like to make it into a giant sign for her front lawn!

Wouldn't have a online source or a store to get this, would you? :)

I googled quickly and saw some for sale via Spacing, but those buttons were more sarcastic and funny.

See my message above. You are wrong. 100%.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/late-for-speech-rob-ford-says-he-was-stuck-in-elevator-1.1652147

Scroll down and in the inset it has a pic of rob and Rhiannon and she is wearing the same stuff as the facebook photo.
No conspiracy. Move on, ;)
Yep. Traill is wearing a dark top and a black and white skirt in that photo and in this video (scroll to about 1:44).

The woman by the elevator is wearing a plain black top and longer black skirt.

Different women. Really.

Even if everything Ford claims about the elevator incident is 100% true, it's still a bizarre little episode, especially coming immediately on the heels of his latest Youtube meltdown. It' s weirdly indicative of the things that just seem to happen around the oafish, dim-witted clown. For those who want local government to be a carnival sideshow, groovy. But I gotta say, having Peter Griffin of Family Guy fame as Mayor isn't proving to be nearly as much fun as I might have expected.

Even if everything Ford claims about the elevator incident is 100% true, it's still a bizarre little episode, especially coming immediately on the heels of his latest Youtube meltdown. It' s weirdly indicative of the things that just seem to happen around the oafish, dim-witted clown. For those who want local government to be a carnival sideshow, groovy. But I gotta say, having Peter Griffin of Family Guy fame as Mayor isn't proving to be nearly as much fun as I might have expected.

He was over an hour late so even if he really was in the elevator 45 minutes, he was still late by at least 15 minutes. It was surreal watching the reports on twitter talk about how late he was and I can only imagine what they were speculating.

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 2m

As per an earlier tweet -- I've now heard from strategic communications at the city of Toronto on savings under Ford administration.

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1m

The Mayor's office told me today, that with the 2014 budget, the Ford administration has saved taxpayers "well over a billion dollars"

----

Here we go again!

It was bound to happen:
BetL6tLCAAADnUO.jpg

On another note, I've been wearing a "Ford Must Go" button for a few months on my coat. I've been told by many strangers on the TTC that they love the button. Never once has anyone said anything negative, just positive. One lady even told me she'd like to make it into a giant sign for her front lawn!

I've seen that button, I want one! I was standing on a packed Ossington bus a little before Christmas and spotted a lady sitting next to me wearing a big "Ford Must Go" button and I struck up a conversation with her, she was a riot. I barely got a word in, she carried on about this & that, the lies, the mystery savings, who would vote for him and such. Interestingly the whole area of the bus was quiet listening to her talk - and I'm quite sure that she knew she had an audience. She was maybe in her 60's and full of piss 'n vinegar. She gave me optimism.

i kind of doubt it. looks to me like people are soaking up the talking points, and repeating them so much on-line and in bar room conversations, that they have the patter perfect. also, the ttc is travelled by plenty of folks who are, for lack of any better words, mentally ill. functioning in society in general, but still mentally ill. they are desperate for conversation and recognition and validation, and ford and his kind seem like the perfect guys for them to get behind.

in another way, though, yes, ford has bought these guys. not directly, but things like peeling off $20s for the poor in TCHC is in a sense buying this kind of loyalty. these guys may not have directly gotten that cash, but they probably feel like they owe it to the mayor to defend him, seeing as somebody who is just as likely to be as poor as they are did.

Bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back