News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Ford's unapologetic stance on gay issues the last few days interesting. I don't think it's an accident. It's almost as though everything is a "Fuck You" to everyone who isn't Ford Nation. It's like he's trolling the city.

Yes, I get that feeling too. It's like he's given up on pretending and/or making nice and is now appealing only to his Ford Nation. Fuck everyone else.

Norm Kelly is on CP24 right now. A group (PFLAG?) approached and went through a protocol today to ask that the flag be raised and it was granted. He supports the raising of the flag for the duration of the Olympics. He is speaking really, really well on the issue. Live right now.

Toronto has not had a "major snow storm condition" this winter.

snowroute2.gif

From this link:

The Mayor and the General Manager of Transportation Services have the authority to declare a major snow storm condition. When a major snow storm condition is declared, parking on those roads designated as snow routes is prohibited for a period of 72 hours. This is to permit the prompt and efficient clearing of snow along these routes. The declaration may be terminated sooner than 72 hours or it may be extended for a further period of time at the discretion of the General Manager of Transportation Services.

The ice storm was "minor". So was this past Wednesday's snow storm.

Personally, the reason the Mayor did not do so was because:

Designated snow routes are primarily located in the downtown core and include all streetcar routes. They are all clearly signed. Parking on a designated snow route during a major snow event is subject to a fine of up to $200.

We can't ban parking.

Yes, I get that feeling too. It's like he's given up on pretending and/or making nice and is now appealing only to his Ford Nation. Fuck everyone else.

It's FEBRUARY. He's not going to make it to the election---I firmly believe this. Whatever happens with the cops, whatever happens with other candidates... he's just not going to see it through. We are watching him finally give up, day by day. Signing that registration paper was his last high point.

Is he legitimately trying to start an uprising from Ford Nation? it really does seem like he wants this city to burn.

Edward Keenan ‏@thekeenanwire 2m

Selected flags that have been raised at city hall (without controversy) this term: CUPE, Israel, The Salvation Army Red Shield, Cuba...

We all suspected he might go scorched Earth if forced to retreat. Maybe that's what this is...

Scorched Earth! That's the word I was looking for. Thank you!

It really seems he's going that way. Maybe, just maybe, rumours of TPS making a move is finally at hand and the pressure is getting to him.

Fingers crossed!!

According to an earlier post here, Norm Kelly told CP24 the people behind today's flag raising went through proper channels and had their request approved. I seem to recall one our mayors saying a while back that "not following process" was his definition of "corruption." So what exactly is RoFo being right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back