8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go out on a limb here:

How about while attempting to shimmy up the flag pole at NFS to remove the Rainbow Flag the Mayor falls injuring his back badly and gets laid up for the remainder of the Mayoralty campaign. He's probably enjoy the vacation in bed with the unlimited supply of legally prescribed meds...

From Michael Cooke's Twitter feed:

Star working on "what really happened" during #robford jaywalking in Vancouver last weekend. Alcohol (at least) is involved.

Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 5m
@AndrewSosna #TOpoli the lawyer is reading it now.

Sounds like the Fords are going for the ol' 'vague implication of homo- buck-naked pedophile(s) threatening his children' angle again. Pretty desperate way to salvage some kind of sympathetic angle for himself out of today's debacle. Dougie sure earned his campaign manager pay for the day.

Bingo..
All he did was strengthen the 'homophobic' persona he now enjoys.
RoFo's old high school football and new 'Steak Queen" buddies should be impressed.

Sounds like the Fords are going for the ol' 'vague implication of homo- buck-naked pedophile(s) threatening his children' angle again. Pretty desperate way to salvage some kind of sympathetic angle for himself out of today's debacle. Dougie sure earned his campaign manager pay for the day.

Bingo!

RoFo is trying to strengthen his now homophobic persona.
His old high school football buddies and newish 'Steak Queen' buddies will be impressed

I thought the whole "If you don't agree with me, then you anti-patriotic, a pedophile, or anti-semetic" crap of Harper and company, as well as the Tea Party/War Mongers, had run its course.

News: Rainbow flag stays for two week run of Olympics.

Last edited:
That fuck pulled that stunt.

A Massoudi probably saw that the fire was a bit too hot (many other cities have rainbow flags up) and concocted this scheme to extract Ford from the mess he made for himself.

Victimhood is the Fords' go-to backup scheme.

I thought the whole "If you don't agree with me, then you anti-patriotic, a pedophile, or anti-semetic" crap of Harper and company, as well as the Tea Party/War Mongers, had run its course.

News: Rainbow flag stays for two week run of Olympics.

After the two weeks lets string that rainbow flag up outside his house. Rename his street to "Gay Way".

Last edited:
After the two weeks lets string that rainbow flag up outside his house. Rename his street to "Gay Way".

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

With all deference to Jenny Jones, maybe "Gay Lord". :p

Looks like Sarah Doucette stepped into it -- late! -- with the 3030 story: Rob Ford was at bar 3030 Dundas St. W (Ward 13) into the wee hours of this Thursday. Witnesses said he was very drunk. Drove himself home.

Odd how one person showed up at the Sun and insisted repeatedly that Ford was drunk. We have the 3030 bartender saying that Ford was there but apparently not drinking while he was there.

Am I too paranoid, or was this a setup?

Odd how one person showed up at the Sun and insisted repeatedly that Ford was drunk. We have the 3030 bartender saying that Ford was there but apparently not drinking while he was there.

I have no idea if Ford was drunk or not on this particular occasion, but don't we know from experience that he's a "chug" type of drinker, and that he doesn't do his drinking in the open?

I have no idea if Ford was drunk or not on this particular occasion, but don't we know from experience that he's a "chug" type of drinker, and that he doesn't do his drinking in the open?
(Did my last post just disappear?)

Yes, there's evidence that Ford is a chug drinker, but NO evidence that he was doing that in the Junction on Wednesday night. There was one commenter at the Sun repeatedly insisting that he was drunk, and two people here saying he was present, with one of those two saying he was not drinking. No pictures. No video. Nada.

The Pride stuff is strategy, and making Ford look like a victim with a false spin on a real visit could be strategy, too.

Progressive Torontonians ought to pick their battles wisely, now. God, this is exactly how Ford was elected the first time around.

There is a silent majority out there who hates pride and hates all government/institutionally-sponsored LGBT outreach. You are not going to come out on top of a democratic political process by describing a huge percentage of the population as 'bigots' and 'homophobes'.

If you are vocal advocate of gay rights people probably won't approach you with their backwards views, but if you bothered to dig a little deeper you'd see that outside downtown Toronto most people do not at all relate to the LGBT cause. This does not necessarily mean people hate homosexuals, but rather that they perceive the contemporary gay movement as distant, obnoxious, and alienating.

And let's face it, this solidarity movement with Russia's LGBT community is very ideologically inconsistent. It is very hard to justify taking such a pro-active stance against Russia specifically when much worse human rights' violations are committed by our political allies around the world.

The right thing to do would have been to make sure a Canadian flag was put up there first and foremost, with the pride flag underneath. Then if there's any controversy simply suggest that the rainbow flag is a gesture of support to Russia's LGBT communities, who have felt threatened by that country's political climate, and whose cause can benefit from international support. Instead they played right into the hands of Ford.

Thank god for Ford's drug abuse and his willingness to break the law. Politically, Toronto's progressive circles have been completely incompetent for 5 years now. Losing the public opinion battle time after time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back