News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford is no different from Vladimir Putin.

We have our own Vladimir Putin running our city.

Svoboda po-kanadski (Canadian freedom)

Rob is hoping to distract us from the story The Star is writing, remember they always let Rob know what the story is about and give him a chance to respond:

Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 2h
@edm_ryan @venrik398 @kevin_mcgran @topoli it's not about jaywalking ... it's about what came after in the bar.

I really question how Ford thought that the optics of having uniformed officers come to his office was acceptable for a man in his predicament, or how his staffers allowed it. Either it was a stage show or his bubble of delusion is thicker than I ever imagined.

This man must get threats through various means every single day. Anonymous phone calls, letters and emails are not hard to send. Why *would* he choose to single out this one? It's strange. Very strange.

I'm curious if the call to the police was made before or after Ford started getting flack for demanding the pride flag be taken down. The call came in before 9. Did police take a while to respond? Or did Ford wait a couple hours to call, and if so, why?

Rob Ford is no different from Vladimir Putin.

We have our own Vladimir Putin running our city.

In reference to this Soviet propaganda poster:
2uif0at.jpg

Well it actually means "Freedom, in the Canadian way". It's kind of a sarcastic way of saying it. You really want more like "Kanadskiy svoboda" if you literally want to say "Canadian freedom".

I would not compare Robbie to Putin. Putin has power, Putin has respect, Putin has connections, and Putin has an army and nukes. Robbie has an Escalade and a mickey of Russian Prince.

Here's the timeline according to Siobhan Morris (who works at Newstalk 1010, I believe):

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 7m

I've learned the threat against the mayor & his family was made by a woman in a voicemail message that came in around 8-9am-ish #TOPoli

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 3m

Woman didn't threaten anyone in particular besides the mayor, but the Ford family. Police investigating now #TOpoli

The message came between 8-9am in the morning. Cops were there, what, around 5pm this afternoon? So there is a definite lack of urgency.

Or maybe even relevance.

I am surprised the cops even bothered showing up.

I too lean towards drama queen Ford using this as a diversionary tactic either to play the victim card for today's antics or the Star's Vancouver article tomorrow.

Maybe his office didn't bother listening to voice mail messages until a few hours after the day started?
Or maybe they heard it in the morning but did nothing about it (perhaps they get threatening messages often and the MO is to just ignore them), Ford then said his nonsense about the flag, his office realized the hot water he put himself into and decided to call the cops in hopes that it would overshadow the flag story.

I'm more curious as to what the theft story is all about. Is it Ford related or did someone steal a book from the library or something?

Apparently he seemed drunk and high and the Star has some great pics!
To me, a great pic would be a photo of him doing a line. He needs to be caught in the act. But if The Star has more photos of him with his eyes barely open and just standing there with a stain on his shirt then meh, same ol' story, different province.

Well it actually means "Freedom, in the Canadian way". It's kind of a sarcastic way of saying it. You really want more like "Kanadskiy svoboda" if you literally want to say "Canadian freedom".

I would not compare Robbie to Putin. Putin has power, Putin has respect, Putin has connections, and Putin has an army and nukes. Robbie has an Escalade and a mickey of Russian Prince.
I meant in reference to the poster:

2uif0at.jpg

I saw you post the poster, Johnny. I've seen it before. The poster has a sarcastic tone throughout. The frame that rings true is the KKK one, although a bit outmoded by the time it was created. It's funny to look back at these and see the USSR criticize the US media and 'freedom' of the press (top left frame), when theirs was... let's just say... not as 'free'.

Regardless it is wildly inappropriate to compare Ford to Putin, or to try to apply the message of the poster to Canada.

I saw you post the poster, Johnny. I've seen it before. The poster has a sarcastic tone throughout. The frame that rings true is the KKK one, although a bit outmoded by the time it was created. It's funny to look back at these and see the USSR criticize the US media and 'freedom' of the press (top left frame), when theirs was... let's just say... not as 'free'.

Regardless it is wildly inappropriate to compare Ford to Putin, or to try to apply the message of the poster to Canada.
This is why the Soviet state news was called Pravda (truth), not Svoboda (freedom).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back