News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who the protected 5 are, but his top "Ten" (yes, according to Daniel Dale, he said 'ten') to boot out of council are Perks, Davis, Vaughan, Mihevc, Doucette, Carroll, De Baeremaeker, Layton, Wong-Tam, Ainslie, Matlow, McMahon, Lee, Chow, Fletcher, Filion, Augimeri, Lindsay-Luby.

I had to force myself to watch until he counted is "top ten". I'm still lol'ing over the idea of Ford orchestrating some kind of coup in wards like Trinity-Spadina, Parkdale-High Park and Toronto Centre. Adam Vaughan did win re-election with the highest proportion of the vote out of every other councilor in 2010 (including Doug Holiday or Doug Ford), but Ford has never let math stop him before.

Got thinking about that string of fires in KingWest restaurants last fall when I read in today's paper about a mysterious explosion/fire in an Etobicoke jewelrystore/instant loan office. I googled the address - 1536 Dundas West -- and see that the business is listed for sale. I'm wondering who owns the building and if there's any connection to the "usual suspects."

1536 Dundas W. is just west of Dufferin, not in Etobicoke. You're thinking of 5138 Dundas W (near Kipling).

Meh, violence at a pawnshop? Murder for hire? Par for the course with those people:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2010/12/28/suspected_arson_heats_up_citys_gold_war.html

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/charges-laid-in-robbery-at-harold-the-jewellery-buyer-1.800834

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/2571944-three-charged-in-jewelry-payday-loan-store-robberies/

This link purports to indicate how much Rob Ford will earn from his Youtube hits:

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/officialfordnation

It's currently less than a thousand a year, but possibly enough to pause before clicking on another of their videos. They earn money regardless of whether the viewers are watching in horror or disgust.

They're not earning any money, don't be silly. It's a brand new account, they're nowhere near popular enough to get partner status and get the good ad rate. I'm willing to bet they will earn a big fat $0, and less than $100/yr if they decide to monetize it. Google won't cut you a cheque until you clear $100 anyway so it's a moot point. They have such a pathetically small number of views... Look at what the site is telling you, anywhere from 80 to 800 dollars per year. That's a nice way for the algorithm to tell you, "Fuck if I know!". You really can't monetize such low-traffic channels in any predictable fashion.

He'd make some good money if he'd post the crack video himself, though ;-)

He did mumble a fifth name...Anthony Peruzza...paraphasing "he doesn't always vote with us but he's there"

I've asked it before, and I'll ask it again: What's with Ford's obsession with Peruzza? That guy votes against Ford almost as much as Layton or Perks. Peruzza is literally a card-carrying member of the NDP. And yet the Mayor who will openly go to war against Robinson, Ainslie, and others over individual votes continually embraces Peruzza as if he was as loyal as Di Georgio and others.

My guess is that it's a personality thing. Ford has "a type" that he feels comfortable around even if they don't share his ideological views (i.e. men with working class dispositions). I suspect that, by contrast, middle-class professional types (especially if they happen to be women) make Ford feel extremely uncomfortable.

He did mumble a fifth name...Anthony Peruzza...paraphasing "he doesn't always vote with us but he's there"
Something very strange going on between Peruzza and Ford. Dirt on each other? Share a couple backroom friendships? Peruzza's shift, especially as Ford was being abandoned by others, makes no sense.

Ford hasn't shown up to work yet and nobody knows where he is.

I'm amazed with all this "Respect for Taxpayers" talk, that his whereabouts during business hours are none of our business.

( Sorry for using the same word twice in the same sentence! ) :)

A stab by Ford at appearing bi-partisan perhaps?
It's not Ford's behaviour I find strange. Peruzza stood by Ford when others wanted to take the mayor's powers away. And has voted beside him in a couple other surprising ways since being placed on the executive. When before he would make all these excited if somewhat incomprehensible speeches belittling Ford's initiatives. Why would he move into Ford's corner as Ford has been clearly spinning out of control?

this quote from a sun article's comments section includes the best definition of rob ford ever...

DaveWilliamscheemissManana • 20 hours ago
You don't need to watch it. I can tell you all you need to know about Mayor McCrackyPants.

He's a drunken, drug abusing, lying, hypocritical, bullying, homophobic, illiterate, innumerate, sloganeering, morally bankrupt, criminally connected psychopath.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/17/ford-show-pitch-get-to-know-the-mayor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back