News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is Doug crazy? One of the outcomes of a Office of the Independent Police Review Director review is that it could go to a disciplinary hearing...and my understanding from http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/disciplinaryhearingsoffice/ is that such a thing would be open to the public, and both sides get to present evidence...at which point I am assuming that Blair would have to bring forward the video as evidence....

I assume that even before it got that far there would have to be a number of other people at the IPRD who would have to watch the video as part of their investigation.

In any case this may not go anywhere as the police may decide to give reasons to delay the proceedings for longer than 6 months (if they think they will be pressing charges).

Perhaps the Fords want the video out hence why they filed this complaint. They were asking for the release of the video a while back. The brothers are pretty dumb but they have a team of lawyers following them around so they must have been advised this was a possibility.

So, is Doug crazy? One of the outcomes of a Office of the Independent Police Review Director review is that it could go to a disciplinary hearing...and my understanding from http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/disciplinaryhearingsoffice/ is that such a thing would be open to the public, and both sides get to present evidence...at which point I am assuming that Blair would have to bring forward the video as evidence....

I assume that even before it got that far there would have to be a number of other people at the IPRD who would have to watch the video as part of their investigation.

In any case this may not go anywhere as the police may decide to give reasons to delay the proceedings for longer than 6 months (if they think they will be pressing charges).

Alternatively, Doug will wait until the last minute to pull out his complaint, saying he has no time to deal with this with the ESTABLISHMENT, that the Chief has been against Ford from day one and he and his brother have to focus on saving the taxpayer money and cutting red tape.

For those who missed the Today show, it was just Ford ignoring the questions so he could get to the same talking points we've heard 1,000 times. He looked like a trained dog.

What changes have you made in your life?
I'm losing weight and going to the gym and I'm knocking on doors and campaigning and we're going to win on Oct. 27!

Have you been in an effective mayor since losing your powers?
I led the charge on the ice storm! I also did a bunch of other things like build a subway and get a deal with the unions! All since November!

Are you still drinking?
Not like before. I can't wait to debate my opponents! Can't wait!

But, OK, there was the video of you speaking Jamaican...
I drank and enjoyed myself. Hey, maybe you're perfect but I'm not. [amusingly, they showed clips of the old interview before the new one and he said this EXACT thing to Lauer.] I'm going to keep campaigning and keep going to the gym (he mentioned the gym at least 3 times, maybe 4).

Same ol same ol. Dead man walking.

EDIT: Just to add...now that Ford has played the "I lied because everyone lies..." card, it's fair to ask him - after ANY answer - "Are you lying right now?" Interesting choice to put yourself in that box but he essentially admitted he's "a liar" so might as well hit him with it.

One other random thought from that interview... He was asked about drug use and specifically said he's not doing "illegal drugs". I guess we're all asking the wrong question again... Someone ask if he is abusing "legal drugs". Someone needs to ask about his prescription medication use.

So, is Doug crazy? One of the outcomes of a Office of the Independent Police Review Director review is that it could go to a disciplinary hearing...

I think this is completely intentional. Based on the fallout of his past transgressions the Fords have every reason to believe they will politically survive a police charge. It'll take a while before it goes to court and they'll spend as much as it takes to hold it back as long as possible.

This is just a continuance of the "conspiracy against Rob Ford" narrative they've been building. If the public had never known of all of Ford's follies and charges came down out of the blue, there's no way Rob would survive politically.

I doubt there are very few people who'd have voted for Ford had they known he hung with gun runners and drug dealers, smoked crack and was potentially involved in having someone killed to hide it all.

However, cognitive dissonance reduction amongst followers and the public can be maintained with little increments. A conspiracy claim allows that as it's getting ahead of some of the information to come.

There are still people out there who believe the crack video doesn't exist, and that police surveillance was falsified to incriminate RoFo. They think he's a nice guy, so it couldn't possibly be true. Few want to believe they've been duped, and that's why sociopaths thrive.

So now the bar has been lowered from "you'll never see me drink again , guaranteed", to "I'm just not drinking as much as before". Plus he is going on the record denying illegal drug use.

It's music to the ears of anyone on here. A lying addict in denial is guaranteed to implode.

Again, it'll be interesting to see how he handles a no-drinking/drugs condition when is out on bail and his election hopes die.

At his house. I thought he looked kind of stoned. Red squinty eyes, perma-grin, rough voice. But maybe that's my crappy tv.

I might be wrong, but I think that might have been Mama Ford's lair, with the Japanese screen in the background, but right with you on the rest, it looked that way on my old but not so crappy tv as well. ;^)

Based on the fallout of his past transgressions the Fords have every reason to believe they will politically survive a police charge.

This is just simply not true. The Ford's can crow about being relevant as much as they want, the actual truth is that they have not politically survived this at all. While it is mind-boggling that he has even 1% of the vote still, please do not mistake his fervent yet tiny base of support as political survival.

Had the crack story and subsequent missteps not occurred, re-election would have been RoFo's to lose. There would be no John Tory, no vote-splitting. Heck, even if Ford had taken 6 months to a year off 9 months ago, and come back in time to throw his hat in the race, he would likely have stood a real shot at being re-elected (Charges not-withstanding). The only reason Ford is even still "in office" is because there is no legislative foresight to put in controls to impeach this clusterfuck of a mayor. Doug Ford's surefire path to a seat at Queen's Park has been completely dashed. While it may take until October 27th for the Ford's to even have a crack in the armour of their denial, make no mistake that reality today shows that they are long dead in the water.

This is just simply not true. The Ford's can crow about being relevant as much as they want, the actual truth is that they have not politically survived this at all.

We know that. My point was that *they* don't. The fact that he's still "in the game" to them says he's "survived". It's a mighty low bar that they set for themselves, but they live on sports metaphors and if you're still in the game, you can still score.

They are as deluded as their hard core followers.

So who thinks Doug is positioning himself to slip into the mayoral race if Rob gets arrested? How else to explain his all-out media blitz since the campaign "started"? He's been everywhere, in the news every day for weeks, sucking up the spotlight from the guy he's supposedly working for. Maybe it's just deflection, but seems more purposeful to me.
He did a lot of that four years ago too, hence the "twin mayors" theme. Doggie likes the spotlight. He likes to remind people that he's right there behind Rob.

We know that. My point was that *they* don't. The fact that he's still "in the game" to them says he's "survived". It's a mighty low bar that they set for themselves, but they live on sports metaphors and if you're still in the game, you can still score.

They are as deluded as their hard core followers.

Gotcha. It's a touchy subject for me, as the media seems to buy the narrative the Fords have created.

Perhaps the Fords want the video out hence why they filed this complaint. They were asking for the release of the video a while back. The brothers are pretty dumb but they have a team of lawyers following them around so they must have been advised this was a possibility.

yep, they want the video out. They want to get the "shock and awe" over with and then "apologize" and say it's "in the past" and ask everyone to "move on." The video is more powerful now, mysterious and open to all sorts of conjecture about its content. It's hanging over their heads like a sword. Once it's viewed and gone, they feel they're in the clear.

yep, they want the video out. They want to get the "shock and awe" over with and then "apologize" and say it's "in the past" and ask everyone to "move on." The video is more powerful now, mysterious and open to all sorts of conjecture about its content. It's hanging over their heads like a sword. Once it's viewed and gone, they feel they're in the clear.

There's no way that a video which is part of an active criminal case would be released as "evidence" in what amounts to a disciplinary inquiry. Give your heads a shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back