News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the oscars formal? would Robbie have to wear a tux?

I'm looking forward to his red carpet runway interview!

"Rob Ford!! Who are you wearing?!"

"Uhhh, the suit is something I picked up at the Value Village clearance rack 20 years ago, and I've accessorized this shirt with my own body sweat and drool." ;)

Not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure that Kimmel doesn't film on Oscar Sunday, so don't expect to see the Fords around City Hall on Monday.

Also, remember when Justin Trudeau copped to smoking one joint and the entirety of Canada's punditocracy started ruminating on how he would never be allowed to visit the US and he'd basically be under house arrest in Montreal?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid to deny someone entry to your country because they've admitted to drug use, but I'm honestly surprised that US officials let him into the country.

There is one way that this ends - with Toronto, once again, being a massive international embarrassment. This is going to be Vancouver all over again to the power of ten.

I have Sarah McLachlan in my head:

Hold on, hold on to yourself,
For this is gonna hurt like Hell

Last edited:
I just checked in to see if anybody has spearheaded an effort to get Kimmel/his writers the proper information regarding Ford (none of this I saved a billion dollars, common man etc... crap that Ford will spew)?
I'd love to see him play hardball with him (unlike the actual "news" media) and watch Ford squirm.
Wasn't somebody compiling an easy to read fact check list of Fords nonsense and follies?

I just checked in to see if anybody has spearheaded an effort to get Kimmel/his writers the proper information regarding Ford (none of this I saved a billion dollars, common man etc... crap that Ford will spew)?
I'd love to see him play hardball with him (unlike the actual "news" media) and watch Ford squirm.
Wasn't somebody compiling an easy to read fact check list of Fords nonsense and follies?

Kimmel et al don't care about Rob Ford's claims or his political leanings. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Kimmel doesn't even know if ford is left-wing or right-wing. They're only interested in Ford because he's a human train wreck and circus act all in one. I'll bet if he actually does go to the Oscars he'll be plied with drinks (and maybe more) by the tabloid press or guys like Andy Dick or Howard Stern in hopes that he does something outrageous. Rob probably can't say no to a drink or a bump even though Doug may demand he abstain.

Last edited:
Kimmel et al don't care about Rob Ford's claims or his political leanings. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Kimmel doesn't even know if ford is left-wing or right-wing. They're only interested in Ford because he's a human train wreck and circus act all in one.

I can't think of how Kimmel and his writers are going to play this. On one hand, they'd want it to be funny but on the other, they can't make a total fool of our mayor...........or can they?:)

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

I can't think of how Kimmel and his writers are going to play this. On one hand, they'd want it to be funny but on the other, they can't make a total fool of our mayor...........or can they?:)

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

It's not hard to make Ford look the fool. The sad part is it won't go without mention that many Torontonians approve of Rod Ford. Ford would probably even inflate the numbers "Jimmy 68% of the folks in Toronto approve of the job I'm doing and would vote for me again according to the latest polls" and it won't be challenged.

B97249685Z.120131113183509000GKC45J66.11.jpg

Cue the Three Stooges theme tune

Going back to the story in today's Star, it was believed that that Florida house was "15 Windsor South", but Darrius and that woman are avoiding media so couldn't get more details.

Thanks Jimmi, IIRC that's what we thought a few months ago when it came up in the forum. When Rob's in Florida he needs a safe place to party.

Rob Ford should have went to the Oscars last year. The host would have animated Rob Ford as a Family Guy character. True that there are conservative Family Guy fans (and I know a few personally; and most conservative Famly Guy fans are of the economic conservative type, not the social conservative type, as the latter are generally outspokenly prudish), but Seth is a liberal atheist accused of condoning fictional misogyny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back