News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen station is not nearly as finsihed- the TTC actually put up a video this week with Andy Byford touring both stations. Unless your movie is set almost entirely in a station, you're not bringing your production here just for that. It's merely one of many neat potential facilities. That said, it does get used a lot.

Queen has a roughed in platform, but it was never intended as a "subway" per se, but as an underground Streetcar station (as Queens Quay has). It was put in when the Yonge line was built on the off-chance that the TTC might someday run the streetcar under the core (like how the Eglinton LRT line is to be). So much construction and other work has gone on since, that there's no way it could be viable for shooting much of anything. There's no track, tiling, proper lighting or anything. It's just a narrow concrete room.

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/subway/5006.shtml

The LA Times piles on Rob Ford (yeah, who says the US media's more forgiving?)

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcari...b-ford-20140225,0,7192098.story#ixzz2ur9FXbXv

I like this section. It captures Torontonians' exasper-rage nicely: "Perfection? I think the citizens of Toronto would probably settle for a chief executive who does not lie, is not self-deluded, does not smoke crack (even occasionally), is not a raving alcoholic, does not hang out with known criminals, is not the subject of domestic violence calls to police and is not under the cloud of a criminal investigation."

This hotel I am staying in has cable, so I am watching the end of the Oscars. An ad just came on for Jimmy Kimmel. The guest for tomorrow's show is listed as "Mayor Rob Ford". (No mention of Toronto. Has RF become everyman's mayor?) The footage shown has JK pretending to be RF's driver picking up his luggage.

Queen has a roughed in platform, but it was never intended as a "subway" per se, but as an underground Streetcar station (as Queens Quay has). It was put in when the Yonge line was built on the off-chance that the TTC might someday run the streetcar under the core (like how the Eglinton LRT line is to be). So much construction and other work has gone on since, that there's no way it could be viable for shooting much of anything. There's no track, tiling, proper lighting or anything. It's just a narrow concrete room.

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/subway/5006.shtml

Apologies: my wording there was a bit ambiguous: I meant that Queen was barely a station AND that people wouldn't bring a whole production here just because of Lower Bay, not that people would/could film at Lower Queen.

And, since I referenced it before, and since it's a nice break from all this Ford crap, this is an interesting tour of both stations released last week...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP49EOeN8_o

Well, thank god (or whoever) that the Academy Awards had the smarts to not let Ford get anywhere near there. I kept wondering if he was going to pop his ugly head on there somewhere, after the Sun reported he was going to the awards but it turned out to be just a rumour. I found it hard to believe such a prestigious event would sink to that level, so I guess it's just the silliness of Kimmel, for Ford. That's not such a big deal after all.

Well, thank god (or whoever) that the Academy Awards had the smarts to not let Ford get anywhere near there. I kept wondering if he was going to pop his ugly head on there somewhere, after the Sun reported he was going to the awards but it turned out to be just a rumour. I found it hard to believe such a prestigious event would sink to that level, so I guess it's just the silliness of Kimmel, for Ford. That's not such a big deal after all.

At least it's another wrong story (cover story, no less) for Joe Worm.

And it's okay not to watch late-night TV because you need to go to work in the morning, or you've passed the age where you feel the need to stay current on celebrities, or you don't find them entertaining. No need to put a moral spin on your viewing choices. It's both arrogant and foolish.
I was simply making fun of ABC. I'd have no problem recognizing Letterman, Ferguson, Conan, Meyers, Fallon, or even Colbert, Stewart, Maher, Hall, or Stroumbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back