News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on Twitter commented that in all of those visits to TCHC buildings, when he can't reach the residents, he's been leaving his business card and one of those magnets, but the magnets have his home phone number on it. So that pretty much clears up whether or not he's been campaigning during business hours.
Also, the magnets he's leaving behind say "Rob Ford mayor" as opposed to "Rob Ford for mayor". So, technically, they're not campaign magnets.

Actually if I recall correctly they lived in a Housing Co-op that had controlled rent (like all co-ops do). Co-ops are split between subsidized housing (ODSP/Welfare) and market rent (non-subsidized but rents are low). When the fact that Chow and Layton were living in a "market rent/low rent" unit they agreed it was time to vacate and moved out.

I thought it was that they were actually paying more on top of the market rent rate before the Star ran their supposed exposé? In any case, that weasel Jakobek (look how ethical he turned out to be) fed Tom Kerr a line and he dutifully reported it. Shouldn't be hard to refute it decisively.

I'm already tired of this mayor's race haha.

me too! It feels way too early to me.
(On a related/unrelated note, I haven't bought any shorts, sleeveless tops for summer yet even though the stores are full of them. I simply can't imagine shopping for clothes today that I won't wear for another 2-3 months. Never understood that retail concept.)

But seriously, when a 4-year-term becomes 2 years in office and 2 years campaigning (or at least, the media starts the "campaigning" talk then), like in the U.S. presidential race, it's just exhausting and mind numbing.

Also, the magnets he's leaving behind say "Rob Ford mayor" as opposed to "Rob Ford for mayor". So, technically, they're not campaign magnets.

reluctantly I have to agree with Ford here. He does these visits all the time. I don't agree with it magically becoming campaigning.

On the other hand, the fact that he "has been doing it all along" -- that he acts like he's campaigning when he's supposed to be working -- is cause for reasonable people not to elect him in the first place. :rolleyes:

reluctantly I have to agree with Ford here. He does these visits all the time. I don't agree with it magically becoming campaigning.

On the other hand, the fact that he "has been doing it all along" -- that he acts like he's campaigning when he's supposed to be working

It hasn't "magically become campaigning," it's never NOT been campaigning. Unless anyone out there can explain any other possible purpose for these visits besides face time, or show proof that any result or improvement has come of them.

It's also that he's done these visits 5 days in a row... the better part of his attendance for two weeks. It's obviously part of a strategy.

On the other hand, the fact that he "has been doing it all along" -- that he acts like he's campaigning when he's supposed to be working -- is cause for reasonable people not to elect him in the first place. :rolleyes:

While he may have visited buildings in the past, he wasn't doing it everyday like he is now. He doesn't know what else to do with his time, how sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back