News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems totally out to lunch in all three videos. Doug does almost all the talking. If you showed that to someone with no knowledge of the situation and asked them to guess which guy was the mayor, nobody would ever guess Rob.

Rob was like a spaced-out William B. on Doug's "Sammy Maudlin Show". All that was missing was SAL as Lola Heatherington.

Gee, who cares who sounds/appears "gay"? The Fords (or Doug, really) went after Spacey 'cause he wouldn't pose with them/Rob (i.e. he exhibited common sense). Yeah, the Fords aren't gay friendly, but we shouldn't let this lead us on to discussions re Spacey's preferences...

Speaking of voices though, as the Fords work themselves up getting more and more upset that Spacey refused to take pictures with them, Doug's voice keeps shifting up in pitch, getting more and more strained lol

It's hilarious how high pitched they speak when they're mad.

I've heard people say that about Justin Trudeau before and for me it's a head scratcher. Why do they think he sounds gay? Is it because he articulates words and doesn't throw in "eh" and "like" or "ummm" and "uhhh" every other word? Has our society sunk so low that we think the boorishness displayed by the Fords is "average hetero guy" and someone who is just a hair more refined is "gay"?

To wit, I submit Mike Judge's incredible prescience that is the movie "Idiocracy".

If you have not seen it (and everyone really should), A very average 2000's era man wakes up in a future where self-gratification and ignorance rule, and the average IQ seems about 40 points lower than it is today. Even as an average male of our time, he's far more eloquent, educated and sensible than those he runs into, nearly every one of whom assumes he's gay because of it.

Gee, who cares who sounds/appears "gay"? The Fords (or Doug, really) went after Spacey 'cause he wouldn't pose with them/Rob (i.e. he exhibited common sense). Yeah, the Fords aren't gay friendly, but we shouldn't let this lead us on to discussions re Spacey's preferences...

I haven't watched the clip, but I'm guessing that this is either Doug Ford being upset at something which challenges his own self-image as a very important person, or a calculated ploy to generate some more press about Rob Ford. I lean toward the latter explanation because it would make me sad to think that anyone would actually think it was a good idea to publicly whine about Kevin Spacey asking to be left alone. Their best case scenario is that Kevin Spacey hears about this and does something in response (makes no difference whether it is a good response or a bad response) to continue the attention.

Mayor Rob Ford's right-hand man battling hard
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/14/mayor-rob-fords-right-hand-man-battling-hard

In our thoughts and prayers.

Unrelated to Amin's battle, the second of Warmington's comments is just plain bizarre. He's ranting about the ugly 1980's clock tower being taken down at the Erin Mills Town Center. Aside from the fact clock towers were a wretched cliché of postmodernist architecture, it's a very bland fixture of a very bland suburban mall. There's little interesting or unique about the EMTC, clock tower or not.

Does Warmington just have a place in his heart for hideous, behind the times, redundant things that barely work or something? Oh, wait…

I wouldn't be *that* harsh about the EMTC clock tower as a period piece--however, it's definitely "is this tongue in cheek?" bizarre that he refers to it as Mississauga's "most famous structure" and "most precious architectural treasure", as if anything from Mississauga City Hall to Marilyn didn't exist...

I wouldn't be *that* harsh about the EMTC clock tower as a period piece--however, it's definitely "is this tongue in cheek?" bizarre that he refers to it as Mississauga's "most famous structure" and "most precious architectural treasure", as if anything from Mississauga City Hall to Marilyn didn't exist...

Come on, it has fake triangle flags on it that make it look more like Cinderella's castle at Disney World than any serious piece of architecture. I feel Wormington must've snuck up into it to lose his virginity to have so much of an attachment to it.

I was going to make some Idiocracy jokes earlier in the thread, but thought they would've slipped by unnoticed.

Speaking of voices though, as the Fords work themselves up getting more and more upset that Spacey refused to take pictures with them, Doug's voice keeps shifting up in pitch, getting more and more strained lol

It's hilarious how high pitched they speak when they're mad.

It's pretty weird how worked up they got about Spacey refusing to have his picture taken with them ... if that's really what it's about ... and if they're trying to get back at him for his jokes to Kimmel ... when they also supposedly don't know who he is. Nothing better to talk about, I guess.

I don't listen to Doug's voice if I can at all help it. His creaky, croaky tone and folks-y syntax are like he's aping someone older, and everything he says is dripping with unctuous, dishonest, unchallenged exaggeration.

It's pretty weird how worked up they got about Spacey refusing to have his picture taken with them ... if that's really what it's about ... and if they're trying to get back at him for his jokes to Kimmel ... when they also supposedly don't know who he is. Nothing better to talk about, I guess.

I don't listen to Doug's voice if I can at all help it. His creaky, croaky tone and folks-y syntax are like he's aping someone older, and everything he says is dripping with unctuous, dishonest, unchallenged exaggeration.

Every time you think the Ford saga can't get weirder, something happens that a month ago you would not have believed. Every few months the bar is raised, like the pitch of Doug Ford's voice, from things like his weight challenge, to the backyard incident, to the Sarah Thompson ass-grab till now. Who would've thought even a month ago that Doug Ford would be releasing a youtube video calling Kevin Spacey of all people an "arrogant SOB"?! Basically throwing a temper tantrum that he wouldn't take photos with him.

Yeah it's brutal, it's like he's struggling to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back