News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you had to choose between Rob Ford and Olivia Chow, who would you want to be mayor of Toronto?

27%
Ford
350 votes

73%
Chow
949 votes"

This is a poll appearing below the SUN article "It'll be Rob Ford vs. Olivia Chow, Doug Ford says" (please don't hit this link, and don't affect the results. It's a SUN poll and it's beautiful)

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/18/itll-be-rob-ford-vs-olivia-chow-doug-ford-says

Godwin or not, can't help thinking of this

2002-2tour.gif

Godwin or not, can't help thinking of this

Le Pen's daughter, who is much more media friendly, continues to poll at or near 20%.

She came to speak in Aix at the university while we were there. The leftist students protested (quite rightly, IMO), but then hung a vintage Soviet hammer & sickle flag from their podium! It's amazing how many politically active people are clueless about their own image.

This exchange from one of the comments about sums it up for me:
I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford
Ford DID admit to smoking crack.
Like · Reply · 20 hours ago

Virginia Donnelly
He did but that admission seemed very odd and didn't ring true at all. Even if he has indulged there was more to that announcement. Sounded somebody had got to him and he was doing it because he was threatened.

How do you reason with someone who doesn't believe the mayor himself when he admits to smoking crack?

Le Pen's daughter, who is much more media friendly, continues to poll at or near 20%.

She came to speak in Aix at the university while we were there. The leftist students protested (quite rightly, IMO), but then hung a vintage Soviet hammer & sickle flag from their podium! It's amazing how many politically active people are clueless about their own image.

The ultra-leftists in France are weird. I'd totally expect to see Soviet flags in their marches.

Virginia Donnelly
He did but that admission seemed very odd and didn't ring true at all. Even if he has indulged there was more to that announcement. Sounded somebody had got to him and he was doing it because he was threatened.

How do you reason with someone who doesn't believe the mayor himself when he admits to smoking crack?

Textbook cognitive dissonance. Would prefer to believe anything else in order to not contradict their own evaluation.

"IMO Rob has been the victim of an attempted frameup orchestrated by organized crime ( 'Ndrangheta families ) and furthermore it is my belief (I don't have proof) that Bill Blair is connected to these 'Ndrangheta crime families (which would explain why you never see any mob arrests in Toronto like you do in Montreal). I will go even further to state that I believe that the 'Ndrangheta control the Liberal Party of Ontario and that they have received a big cuts from the various McWynnety scames, e.g. Ornge, Green Energy Act, Gas Plant cancellations , e-health, etc."

I can't with these people. They've seriously lost touch with all reason and will cook up any conspiracy to absolve Ford of responsibility for his own choices and behaviour.

+1

Seriously, they always seem to want to zoom out to the next level of government ... because Liberals! As if Ornge + gas plants + GEA + eHealth magically changes the scale of the picture to the point that hey, so Ford smoked some crack (and lied about all sorts of stuff, and is associating with a huge array of crooks, and ...) but it's not nearly such a huge deal since all those scandals cost more than surveillance of Ford (which is still a waste of money, but hey, perspective).

I really wonder if they'd be deflecting so much if we had had a relatively scandal-free McGuinty/Wynne administration, or if the Tories had won the last provincial election.

And then there are the free-range morons who claim 'it's not about the mayor' but the fact that some councillors consistently vote against Ford and are therefore supposedly committed to wasting taxpayer money, as if that trumps the fact that our chief magistrate is clearly an ethically challenged drugged-up lying drunk.

But to say the 'Ndrangheta control the cops .... and the Liberals? That's stoner-level conspiracy theorizing.

That kind of left-wing agitation/symbolism was once a totally serious part of the political discourse in France, embraced by student movements and some trade unions, in a way that never even came close to happening here. It still exists over there but in a more residual way. Same in Italy.

This exchange from one of the comments about sums it up for me:
I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford
Ford DID admit to smoking crack.
Like · Reply · 20 hours ago

Virginia Donnelly

And doesn't that mean that Ford was ... lying? Lying under duress? Why would he do that? Why would you still trust someone who would do that?

I'm not a vindictive person and there are times I feel a little sorry for Rob (although not a whiff for his bully brother), but I will be watching quite closely on election night to see the reaction from these arrogant buffoons when they are forced to give their final concession speeches. A little part of me hopes that this will be the moment that a glimmer of understanding might wash across their dull ignorant faces.

The Ford brothers are scumbags and bullies and don't deserve one ounce (or dimebag) of sympathy. There will not be a "glimmer of understanding" washing over their "dull ignorant faces". Guys like this (and I have met many similar) just bulldoze ahead with their lies and character assassinations and even once convicted continue to play victim (see Conman/Conrad Black).

Edit: I have GRAVE concerns and sympathy for Rob's kids, those are the only innocents in this debacle.

And doesn't that mean that Ford was ... lying? Lying under duress? Why would he do that? Why would you still trust someone who would do that?

Because he sticks up for the little guy. You leftists just want to tax & spend. Gas-powered co-op massage CONSPIRACY!

Can we all just agree not to be amazed by people who are in the grip of severe cognitive dissonance any more like ("I Hate The War..." commenters)? They're far too much invested in their beliefs to change now.

I look for this sort of thing in myself, but if I'm guilty of anything it's wanting to believe that politicians are better than they are before the evidence comes out. The difference is: our beliefs can stand to be challenged, and when evidence of wrongdoing emerges, we can adjust our position accordingly. I remember being hopeful for a Wynne premiership; now I'm seriously disappointed about the whole transit revenue tool thing, and I wouldn't consider voting for the Liberals as a result. Good grief: in the mid '90s, I used to think Tony Blair was a breath of fresh air - now I think he's a war criminal.

Back to Ford: well, I never thought he was going to be anything other than a disaster for Toronto, although hardly to this level! All I knew about was the impaired driving in Florida, and the hockey game incident, and the shouting in the Council chamber, and the adversarial relationship with reporters. That all seems so tame now. I think some people (GraphicMatt included) owe nfitz an apology.

A member of my household was at City Hall yesterday to see the outside portion of the brawl scrum. She described it as "depressing".

Last edited:
Ford seems to really care about street cred, indeed he seems desperate for it - the patois incident, the hanging with gang members, the incident at the strip club when he was a councillor. Being the silent partner of a local dealer seems right up his alley.

Um...what? "The incident at the strip club when he was a councillor?" Care to elaborate?

More proof the the Tory-Lieberal-Blair-'Ndrangheta-media conspiracy, i suppose.

Don't forget the Illuminati. They've had it out for Slob right from the beginning!

Um...what? "The incident at the strip club when he was a councillor?" Care to elaborate?

One night at a strip club, the police document states, “the Mayor assaulted (Isaac) Shirokoff,†a special assistant to Ford who is now a graduate student at Queen’s University. “This happened one night when they were out at a strip club and the mayor was doing cocaine.†The information was relayed to police by former staffer Chris Fickel. Shirokoff has been asked to comment on this allegation previously, but has denied it to the Star. Shirokoff refused to give a statement to police.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...t_fords_bier_markt_garrison_ball_outings.html

Don't forget the Illuminati. They've had it out for Slob right from the beginning!

7Yb1HZS.jpg

Nah he just got them confused for someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back