News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torontoist: What we know about Hotmail Lawyer:

http://torontoist.com/2014/03/defending-the-mayor/

So why might Dennis Morris advise Rob Ford not to view the tape?

First of all, viewing the tape would require the mayor to actually step into a police station, something he has studiously avoided doing since this story broke. And for good reason: if there is one thing that’s tough to control, it’s Rob Ford’s mouth. From shooting it off in the Steak Queen to calling the media maggots for pursuing a true story, this is a guy you might not want to trust in the same room as the police. Better safe than sorry.

Secondly, it’s possible that the police wanted to observe the mayor before, perhaps during, and definitely after he saw evidence of himself committing a crime. His conduct, anything he said, and his reaction could all be pieces of evidence that tell a story to a jury if he was charged with an offence. Even silence can speak volumes.

This makes sense. But would it have been possible for Morris to view the tape without Ford present?

This makes sense. But would it have been possible for Morris to view the tape without Ford present?

Maybe, but what purpose would that serve? It's not as if existence of that vid is still in question, is it?

Only if the TPS offered that alternative. None of the reporting on this says that they did (albeit it is reporting, not rocket surgery).

At CityTV election debate prelim...

ddale8 12:06pm via Twitter for iPhone
Ford is accompanied to this election event by his chief of staff. We don't know of anyone on his campaign who isn't paid by taxpayers.

Election rules are for losers...

ddale8 12:17pm via Twitter for iPhone
"Anything else?" - Rob Ford when I asked why his taxpayer-paid chief of staff is here at a campaign event.

ddale8 12:18pm via Twitter for iPhone
Chief of staff says he's not working on the campaign - "I'm here as part of the mayor's staff."

Last edited:
Election rules are for losers...

ddale8 12:17pm via Twitter for iPhone
"Anything else?" - Rob Ford when I asked why his taxpayer-paid chief of staff is here at a campaign event.

ddale8 12:18pm via Twitter for iPhone
Chief of staff says he's not working on the campaign - "I'm here as part of the mayor's staff."

What I've learned since Ford is that you can pretty much do what you what in TO campaigns as no one will be held accountable, ever.

What I've learned since Ford is that you can pretty much do what you what in TO campaigns as no one will be held accountable, ever.

It seems to be enforced almost entirely by honour system. This is of great benefit to those without honour, shame, etc...

Doing what - since Ford is there as a candidate, not as the mayor (if he was not running he would not be there)? [Carrying the briefcase containing the nuke codes?] [Or the one containing the Russian Prince and Gatorade?]

Last edited:
I would LAUGH MY ASS off if he got arrested on the day of a televised debate and subsequently missed the debate...

Me too.

But I expect the powers that be will do all they can do defuse any potential "they're just out to get me/they're on John Tory's side" blah blah blah defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back