News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he could only legitimately claim mileage to offset a cost he was incurring - i.e., if Deco in fact is paying for everything and not being reimbursed by Rob then it would be a cheat for him to claim the allowance. That said, I expect he is not claiming it, for the same reason he claims little or no office expenses.

BTW: Is there a public record of what reimbursement or allowance claims are submitted by the mayor and councilors?
If he claimed it, would he not also have to say that he travelled x number of km for ____ purpose? That would mean he'd have to account for his location, something he seems to never want to do. Robbie just doesn't like to be held accountable for anything.

If he claimed it, would he not also have to say that he travelled x number of km for ____ purpose? That would mean he'd have to account for his location, something he seems to never want to do. Robbie just doesn't like to be held accountable for anything.

I have had jobs where I could claim an allowance for using my own car and never had to say more than that I travelled X miles/kilometres. Perhaps a public office holder or City employee would have to say more, but I imagine that Rob simply would get Deco to make him a rubber stamp saying "visiting constituents".

The SUV is probably a Deco lease and he has a Deco credit card for gas. IF CRA ever audits Deco on this it would not be pretty, and it would be probably up to someone else to come up with a story for what Deco work RoFo is doing with the vehicle, or not write it off. As for Rob having a strategy about not using a company car, it is probably pigheadedness about being told what to do, as mentioned above.

Yes - and this is the epitome of what can be concurrently intriguing and frustrating about him: did he work it out for himself (or at least have someone point out to him) that he would not want to be tracked, as he would be if he used an 'official' car, or did he just stumble into avoiding that by carrying on with his long-standing act about 'squeezing every nickel until the beaver farts'? (All he did was switch from the van he was driving when elected to the cross-over - and for all we know [I do not recall anyone checking this] the van probably was leased by Deco too.)
Guaranteed the Ford's had a family pow wow and decided that Doug would gift him the Escalade. They of all people know who Rob is and what he does.

Wow there are so many similarities between Bakker and Ford!
His and Tammy's rise from storefront TV preachers to famed televangelists had been a giddying, nonstop journey to success. "They are phenomenal, charismatic personalities," says Miles. "Even when you know they are lying through their teeth, there is something folksy and good about them. No one else could have pulled it off."

The SUV is probably a Deco lease and he has a Deco credit card for gas. IF CRA ever audits Deco on this it would not be pretty, and it would be probably up to someone else to come up with a story for what Deco work RoFo is doing with the vehicle, or not write it off. As for Rob having a strategy about not using a company car, it is probably pigheadedness about being told what to do, as mentioned above.
It is a Deco lease.

Doug said he bought it out of brotherly love and was nailed on the lie.

It was established long ago that the Escalade is leased to Deco. (That can be determined by a PPSA search against Deco.) Whether Rob has a Deco-funded credit card for gas is not public info.

The CRA will have nothing to say so long as Deco does not try to claim the lease payments as a business expense deduction.

Last edited:
Goddamn Toronto police and their masterfully suspenseful ITO-drip method of progressing the Rob Ford storyline.

If anyone deserves to be involved in the perp walk (assuming this is a fantasy world where anyone would be allowed to) I'd say Daniel Dale or Michael Cooke are the most deserving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back