News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth noting is that the 2013 Sunshine List ( 2014 will be out by the end of this month ) shows the City paid the mayor $1,182.62 in Taxable Benefits. That could possibly have something to do with mileage expenses.

Maybe, although given the amount it seems more probable that the benefits referred to are his attributed portion of employer payments made for medical, dental, etc. coverage costs, and the like. Even if he wanted to he could not avoid getting these benefits, because they are not a cost that he would incur and then could claim back from the City and so they are not something that he can forego claiming (like office expenses or a mileage allowance).

From the Government of Ontario web site page dealing with the Sunshine List:

"The $100,000 figure means salary before taxes, and does not include taxable benefits. However, for those who are paid $100,000 or more, the total value of these taxable benefits must be disclosed. Beginning with 2012 salaries, the definition of salary now also includes per diems and/or retainers paid to employees, in addition to amounts reported as employment income on the Canada Revenue Agency T4 slip. The act [namely, the Public Sector Salary Disclosure Amendment Act, 2004] does not authorize employers to disclose what the specific benefits are."

For the CRA list of types of taxable benefit, go to: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4130/t4130-e.html#P1334_178946

Last edited:
It's fairly well displayed that the family has created its own mythos. Doug Ford, Sr. did not create the business on his own. He had a co-founder who the Fords have pretty much tried to erase out of history, but I'm sure they believe it was all dad's hard work anyway that made that company.

My father and I had a lousy relationship (my mother married an actual sociopath, after all), and though I've seen other families where the father is well-revered, I've never seen one that deifies the patriarch like the Fords do. It's almost as though the family were a cult, and "L.Ron" dying meant that suddenly nary a single blight should appear in his history. It's creepy.

It's beyond creepy. As is Rob Ford's continued seething anger at how "unfair" the death was, the tearful late night phone calls from the grave site, etc. It's as if the laws of nature were supposed to suspend themselves for Doug Sr.

I actually think Rob Ford's intelligence is significantly below average. I don't believe he actually CAN engage in abstract thinking or anticipate the likely consequences of his behaviour or the way other people are likely to interpret his actions, and hence I think he is genuinely bewildered by some of the media attention he gets. There's a certain pathos in that -- the simple-minded baby brother parroting the rest of the family, the intellectually disabled kid who keeps getting into trouble he doesn't understand -- but I'm past even pretending to care about Rob Ford's well-being.

Last edited:
Reaching aren't you?

No. If you consider the typical ways in which the assets and financial affairs of wealthy families are organized, I find the third scenario far more plausible than the accounting and income tax staff for the companies allowing Rob to blatantly invoice Deco for his City Hall office expenses, etc.

Last edited:
Maybe, although given the amount it seems more probable that the benefits referred to are his attributed portion of employer payments made for medical, dental, etc. coverage costs, and the like. Even if he wanted to he could not avoid getting these benefits, because they are not something that he can claim form the City and so they are not something that he can forego claiming (like office expenses or a mileage allowance).

From the Government of Ontario web site page dealing with the Sunshine List:

"The $100,000 figure means salary before taxes, and does not include taxable benefits. However, for those who are paid $100,000 or more, the total value of these taxable benefits must be disclosed. Beginning with 2012 salaries, the definition of salary now also includes per diems and/or retainers paid to employees, in addition to amounts reported as employment income on the Canada Revenue Agency T4 slip. The act [namely, the Public Sector Salary Disclosure Amendment Act, 2004] does not authorize employers to disclose what the specific benefits are."

For the CRA list of types of taxable benefit, go to: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4130/t4130-e.html#P1334_178946

I should have included the link to the 2013 Sunshine List.
http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/publications/salarydisclosure/pssd/pdf/municipalities_2012.pdf

Are the ITO documents released yesterday available on line?

Are the ITO documents released yesterday available on line? Looking at the stories in the usual places - Star, Sun, etc. there do not seem to be links to a copy of the documents.

I was reading an amateur psychologist describing the sympathy of many in Toronto for the trials and tribulations of Rob and Doug for "what they are going through" ( never mind what THEY are putting us through ) as a symptom of Stockholm Syndrome!

Yep, which is kind of ironic because his policies would cut no quarters for those who are going through shit.

Not to be curt but much of this is complete speculation about Ford's inner mental states without sufficient information. We don't really know what's going on with Ford in his head. At all.

Even a diagnosis by a qualified doctor would still technically be subjective "speculation", as mental disorders aren't something you can confirm like hepatitis. Although one doesn't need a qualified diagnosis to see he clearly qualifies for fairly severe Cluster B disorders. I don't really care about diagnosis or any inner turmoil he may have...I care about his pattern of behaviour and how it affects his job. You can't "fix" these people....you can only avoid them.

Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.12.06 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.11.51 AM.jpg

Case in point.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.12.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.12.06 AM.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 490
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.11.51 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.11.51 AM.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 501
Why the hell wouldn't he sit in his assigned seat? Is this kindergarten or something or has he gone over the edge???

Last edited by a moderator:
Then this:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 16m
I'm told there may be a compromise in the works & Mayor Rob Ford will get seat he wants for committee meeting rather than 1 assigned #TOpoli

Why is everyone even catering to the ridiculous demands of this man child?

Yeah, but he can only save the taxpayers a billion dollars if he sits in that seat. He can't do it from the other seat. It's all about respect for the taxpayers.

Then this:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 16m
I'm told there may be a compromise in the works & Mayor Rob Ford will get seat he wants for committee meeting rather than 1 assigned #TOpoli

Why is everyone even catering to the ridiculous demands of this man child?

Seriously. Why isn't he being told to leave? Mind-boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back