News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, corral his drunken ass and get him away from the public.

They used to put problem drinkers on the LCBO "Interdiction List". I remember when they had one.

"If the LCBO thought that someone was drinking too much or could not afford to drink (or the Police, a Judge, a relief worker or a member of the general public told them so) the person was added to the list of known drunkards – the interdiction list – and it became illegal for them to purchase, drink or possess liquor of any kind."

They used to put problem drinkers on the LCBO "Interdiction List". I remember when they had one.

"If the LCBO thought that someone was drinking too much or could not afford to drink (or the Police, a Judge, a relief worker or a member of the general public told them so) the person was added to the list of known drunkards – the interdiction list – and it became illegal for them to purchase, drink or possess liquor of any kind."

I know all of the LCBO staff in my building by name. They know my profession and ask me about my life. Sometimes I come in there early in the day. I may have a problem, but they sure as hell don't have a list now ;-)

I have a friend who works at a downtown LCBO (it's a really good job, as far as retail goes!) and she said she's not allowed to question pregnant women buying liquor. I can see how that would be a customer service disaster, but she says it pains her to sell it to women she *knows* aren't buying it for someone else.

They can basically only deny you if you're already drunk or underage.

Anyhow, sorry for the tangent.

Salvaged the tree, I guess he's not a kitten strangling oaf after all.

As to being less of an eyesore that's damning by faint praise. Lower the standards enough and all the girls are variations of Miss Piggy, kinda like this campaign.
Aww, just after I say to the new person that it's a polite form, you go and disparage women AND Miss Piggy!

This doesn't work in Rosedale, or anywhere where powerful assholes lurk.

Instead you get David Peterson threatening "do you know who I am? I'm gonna have your jaaahb!".

Now imagine the potential of Ford doing that. LCBO workers aren't Knights.

I thought the opposite, it's another reason for Doug to resent Rob. I'm sure Doug didn't intend to go chasing after drunken Robbie last night.

I would imagine that until the election is over, they are going to have to maintain something similar to an "Amber Alert" status on him 24/7.

They can basically only deny you if you're already drunk or underage.

Remember the story in the Sun where they sent a boy ( aprox. age 13? ) dressed in a Burka to three separate LCBO's and they all served him?

I believe my recollection of the story is close to accurate.

Edit: The reported age was 14.

Last edited:
You're really dating yourself with that post casita!

http://www.puncheddrunk.ca/interdiction-list.html

I'm 59.

You had to be 21 to drink back then. I tried to drink for about a year after, but it never took. By then, I had really learned to loathe drunks through my employment.

But, I do remember when there was no self-serve at the LCBO. You had to write it down on an LCBO order form and hand it to the man ( don't recall ever seeing any woman ) behind the big counter. He had to get it for you.

Remember the story in the Sun where they sent a boy ( aprox. age 13? ) dressed in a Burka to three separate LCBO's and they all served him?

I believe my recollection of the story is close to accurate.

I don't remember the story, and I don't read the Sun ;-) but I'd believe that. I was buying liquor from LCBO throughout my teenage years, though I did have an older friend's ID to help me out. They didn't ask for it as often as you'd think.

I don't remember the story, and I don't read the Sun ;-) but I'd believe that. I was buying liquor from LCBO throughout my teenage years, though I did have an older friend's ID to help me out. They didn't ask for it as often as you'd think.

https://www.google.ca/#q=toronto+sun+burka+lcbo

Funny, the things you remember as you get older. Like buying cigarettes as a child from the vending machine at the donut shop! / sorry for the tangent.

As far as I know, RoFo does not smoke tobacco, so I guess in that way he is a good role model for children?

Last edited:
Heh, they had cigarette vending machines in Japan that used a novel algorithm to calculate a probable age for the person standing in front of the vending machine based on their facial structure. Hilariously and publicly, the technology was defeated with a photograph.

Anyhow your link doesn't work. edit: Oh, way to change the link!

Heh, they had cigarette vending machines in Japan that used a novel algorithm to calculate a probable age for the person standing in front of the vending machine based on their facial structure. Hilariously and publicly, the technology was defeated with a photograph.

Anyhow your link doesn't work. edit: Oh, way to change the link!

https://www.google.ca/#q=toronto+sun+burka+lcbo

Reminds me of some funny condom buying stories, but must. not. go. there. ;)

Sounds like a quiet day on Robbie watch, but it's still young!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back