News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited for the misery and crying in this thread about to happen; it's hilarious to watch you all do your keyboard detective work.

If Brazen is indeed dead or ultimately comes to nothing re Ford, I do hope the TPS won't be overlooking any further dui's or obvious public drunkenness/intoxication.

This is true, if that's the case the gloves are off when it comes to that stuff.

Delurking to drop my two totally unqualified cents on this one. Here's my wild speculation based on all the info we have:

When TPS and AG first start talking to OPP about oversight, TPS says they have a good case but it will be a home run when evidence from one of their recent search warrants, likely Lisi's iCloud account, comes in. OPP agrees based on this. However, when the new evidence comes in the home run is missing. Now the OPP gets nervous, they have no skin in this game and aren't interested in shouldering embarrassment if things go south at trial. Even if they think there's a pretty good chance at conviction, they aren't willing to risk it so they start quietly pulling back. When TPS sees this, they know how badly it could go for them so they leak about a disagreement between the two forces. OPP relinquishes control publicly and now TPS can do what they want and take their own risks.

If this is the case I think two things could happen:

1. TPS have all the evidence they think they're going to get and charges are laid in the next couple of days. They are willing to bet on their case.

2. The case really does need more evidence. OPP thinks it will never happen but TPS is going to keep digging. If this is the case we will only ever see charges if some new evidence breaks, which at this point is increasingly unlikely but certainly not impossible. If their were promising leads I doubt we would see the OPP pulling back at this point.

And in the time it took me to write this, people are now saying that Ford will never get charged. So looks like option 2 for sure.

Yes. The police can lay a charge. The Crown can lay a charge. If the police lay a charge the Crown can stay (in effect, kill) it. Say what you might about the police or the Crown in any given instance, in general they are a lot less deserving than Ford is of being branded "a fucking idiot". The Crown is not going to lay any additional charges in the face of an on-air interview with a named OPP rep (not just a 'source' on 'background') saying that there is no evidence to support any additional charges (at this moment); if the Crown is going to take sides between the OPP and the TPS it almost certainly will come down on the side of no additional charges (unless more evidence is brought forward some day); the Crown almost certainly will tell the TPS both that the Crown is not going to lay any additional charges as of today and that if the TPS barges ahead to lay any additional charges today then the Crown will intervene and stay them.

Last edited:
Ah, an admitted sadist! We didn't have to do much detective work considering the man's public record, and private crack tape, oh, and public drunken/high ramblings! The speculation is mostly time filler until the next incident....and there will be one.

At the risk of sounding like Ford....if this is actually over, I'd like to know how much time and money TPS spent coming up with nothing.
(I mean appreciate, all the details we keep getting of just how dirty and stupid this guy is, but that doesn't justify renting a Cessna.)

Maybe it's just the bitterness talking but I expect a raft of press conferences from Giroux on down explaining what happened here.

But now with NOTHING going forward the Crack Video will most definitely leak out - game over.

Why game over? Nothing will dissuade the idiots who voted for RoFo from doing so again. He's admitted to smoking crack and hanging around with gangs, what more harm could the actual video do?

Blocked MetroMan on Twitter, officially bowing out of this thread for good. I'm ashamed of this city, province and country.

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say when he gets back.
Charges were imminent last week. Now no charges.
Maybe his leaks affected the investigation somehow?

This is how I feel

images

Homer: It's still good! It's still good!

Bart: It's gone, Dad.

Homer: I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back