News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
To convict Rob of extortion, you need proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he threatened someone or directed someone else to threaten someone. A wiretap of him threatening someone would do it. If Lisi turned and testified that Rob knew/ordered him to extort people, that would do it. A recording on Lisi's phone of Rob ordering him to extort people would do it. Rob confessing would do it. Someone testifying that Rob personally called them and threatened them would do it.

But evidently none of those things exist, so there is no proof.

Maybe Rob said "Take care of this, Lisi" but nothing more specific. Maybe Lisi took it upon himself to do whatever he did with no direction from the mayor (planning later to tell him to get brownie points).

"Since there's no new information or evidence that has been provided to the OPP ... there is nothing for us to do at this point other than to wait and see whether or not any new information is put forward," said Chamberland.

"If any new information comes forward … we'll assign it to a major case manager."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/0...ice_n_5084681.html?utm_hp_ref=canada-politics

I'm sure the JFK murder file is still open, and if any new information comes about, a real major case manager will also be assigned to it too.

That too is not over yet.

SO is the official story for the history books the following? Sandro Lisi acted entirely on his own accord to retrieve the crack video, simply because he felt like it was the right thing to do for his friend and employer?

Yup. Lisi decided to use the threat of Rob Ford and his connections to extort people for a video of Rob Ford without Rob Ford's influence. And the numerous calls between them are just proof of what great friends they are.

I personally think Blair's career is done after this. Add to that the empowerment effect this has on all the other things going on where the TPS is taking heat, it's not going to get easier for Blair.

I'm sure the JFK murder file is still open, and if any new information comes about, a real major case manager will also be assigned to it too.

That too is not over yet.

The fact is that TPS will have to justify the amount of resources they put towards this case going forward based on potential ROI.

"Since there's no new information or evidence that has been provided to the OPP ... there is nothing for us to do at this point other than to wait and see whether or not any new information is put forward," said Chamberland.

"If any new information comes forward … we'll assign it to a major case manager."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/0...ice_n_5084681.html?utm_hp_ref=canada-politics

This is not going to look good for the OPP or the crown as it stands, so I'm thinking everyone involved might be willing to jump on the first viable scrap of new evidence in order to gain some face and say "See? This is all we were waiting for". Since it's all political, things will develop according to how strong the winds of public opinion are blowing. If it starts looking like jobs are on the line, expect some magic piece of "new evidence" to suddenly turn up.

This is one of the rare cases where the optimist and cynic in me are the same guy.

hahah

a minute ago
A while back, Robyn Doolittle mentioned that the Fords do not speak to her (I believe since her book was released). Do the Fords speak to you or anyone else from the Toronto Star?

a minute ago
Daniel Dale:
Doug usually does, though sometimes when I text him he tells me to delete his number and never talk to him again. Rob usually does in scrums, except when I ask something he doesn't want to answer.

The fact is that TPS will have to justify the amount of resources they put towards this case going forward based on potential ROI.

Yupp. I agree. The fallout will be huge on this. The TPS and it's highest Officer's credibility just blown up. And what I see the OPP doing is bringing in a focused shift to the Original Guy trying to do the extortion, who has been labelled the victim here.

This is not going to look good for the OPP or the crown as it stands, so I'm thinking everyone involved might be willing to jump on the first viable scrap of new evidence in order to gain some face and say "See? This is all we were waiting for". Since it's all political, things will develop according to how strong the winds of public opinion are blowing. If it starts looking like jobs are on the line, expect some magic piece of "new evidence" to suddenly turn up.

This is one of the rare cases where the optimist and cynic in me are the same guy.

It looks worse on Toronto Police than it does on the OPP.

Jeff@jgeady
Rob Ford "know some dirty cops" and Fabio Basso was attacked by a guy with an "expendable baton". These batons being common police weaponry.

What a great city this is.

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with the legal avenue - let's put it this way, the evidence put forth so far is so damning, it's pretty much pure ammunition for attacking him on incompetence, corruption, etc. And best yet - you don't have to legally test it.

AoD

Agreed, this whole Brazen 2 thing could at best have added onto the pile, the important issues are For'd own record of failures and blatant lies to cover them up. This includes associations with drug dealers, thugs, organized grime, as well as sole sourcing business deals, and commonly shitting on the "common folk".

I am so excited for the misery and crying in this thread about to happen; it's hilarious to watch you all do your keyboard detective work.

Pathetic attempt at trolling, come back and try again when you grow up.

The Doctorb ‏@UWSOC101 4m
I could have sworn I once read Anthony Smith had a known alias "Juiceman" but I can't find it now... #TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back