News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is where these "imminent arrest" rumours came from. MM wasn't alone in signaling something was happening soon. What sparked the rumour?

What I want to know is where these "imminent arrest" rumours came from. MM wasn't alone in signaling something was happening soon. What sparked the rumour?

Perhaps TPS is going to go at it alone - it is the only way to get Ford to be interviewed under oath.

According to the original Gawker report, CNN supposedly contacted the Mayor about the video before the news of its existence was made public. Why did the flurry of phone calls happen only after Gawker & the Star broke the news?

Please. If people cared that much, there would have been far more people out protesting him at City Hall.

Except that he hasn't been reelected yet, or even clearly "ahead". He's only been, uh, "exonerated" (sortamaybesortawhatever). Plus the fact that in hairtrigger situations like what the cops'n'robbers Fords seem eager to stoke, it may take an individual rather than a crowd to make all heck break loose. But for now, the situation is too placid for anything but wimpy, non-violent protesters--though perhaps what's more telling is that for all their bluster, the only people the Fords are able to present to counter the protesters at debates, scrums, whatever are...staffers.

As of the moment, those who might be tempted to protest are doing the sensible thing and "holding out". It's not "the time", yet.

And also, from my observation, it seems that relative to all contexts out there, the woe-is-us-we-lost disillusionment seems rather artificially "amplified" within UT, perhaps because this was a pre-Twitter Ground Zero for Metro Man and his speculations, thus the enhanced feeling of betrayal, "there goes our arrest pool", etc. But beyond UT (and maybe #TOpoli, though I tend to not follow Twitter), even within realms that are ordinarily strongly "anti-Ford", the sentiment doesn't seem that, uh, "defeated". Unless something's yet to sink in...

At this point, I believe TPS was getting antsy to get the call from OPP that the rubber stamp had been applied. They placed some leaks to try to put pressure on the OPP. It blew up in their face when someone began interfering, and then the OPP made their fishy announcement.

It is possible (but unlikely) that TPS have not shown their full hand to OPP.

It is also possible that the latest outbreak of public sniping is just the tip of the iceberg of hostility and distrust between the two forces, in which case TPS may indeed have been wary of oversharing.

And it is also possible (but unlikely) that yet another investigation has spun off Brazen 2.

It is possible (but unlikely) that TPS have not shown their full hand to OPP.

It is also possible that the latest outbreak of public sniping is just the tip of the iceberg of hostility and distrust between the two forces, in which case TPS may indeed have been wary of oversharing.

And it is also possible (but unlikely) that yet another investigation has spun off Brazen 2.
Yeah, an investigation into the OPP for political interference/corruption!

Regardless of whether or not he ends up being charged, if this investigation is only about whether or not Ford encouraged Sandro to make threatening calls I don't think cops are using their resources wisely. There are much more important cases Giroux could be focusing on. I've always suspected there was something bigger at play here but that's looking less and less to be the case.

Why have the top homicide guy on a purely extortion case?
Why the air surveillance?
It points to something bigger, like they thought big time trafficking was going on.
It could still pan out. We still don't know what was in the envelopes.

A "birdie" told me the "Toronto Police source" Warmington cites here isn't even with the police force. He's lying, but why?

Assuming the source is out of thin air, it's just Worms making shit up to help his buddy Robbie look better. Assuming the source is playing Worms, that opens up a whole new can...
I'm sure there are some in both forces (and YRPS as well) with continuing loyalties to a certain minister that is known to be friends with the mayor.

Except that he hasn't been reelected yet, or even clearly "ahead". He's only been, uh, "exonerated" (sortamaybesortawhatever). Plus the fact that in hairtrigger situations like what the cops'n'robbers Fords seem eager to stoke, it may take an individual rather than a crowd to make all heck break loose. But for now, the situation is too placid for anything but wimpy, non-violent protesters--though perhaps what's more telling is that for all their bluster, the only people the Fords are able to present to counter the protesters at debates, scrums, whatever are...staffers.

As of the moment, those who might be tempted to protest are doing the sensible thing and "holding out". It's not "the time", yet.

And also, from my observation, it seems that relative to all contexts out there, the woe-is-us-we-lost disillusionment seems rather artificially "amplified" within UT, perhaps because this was a pre-Twitter Ground Zero for Metro Man and his speculations, thus the enhanced feeling of betrayal, "there goes our arrest pool", etc. But beyond UT (and maybe #TOpoli, though I tend to not follow Twitter), even within realms that are ordinarily strongly "anti-Ford", the sentiment doesn't seem that, uh, "defeated". Unless something's yet to sink in...

If you seriously think the people of Toronto are going to rise up in armed revolt against RoFo, or that some assassin is going to put him down...I think you're very much mistaken.

Please. If people cared that much, there would have been far more people out protesting him at City Hall.

My disdain for the Fords is pretty consuming, to the point where I've had multiple dreams about yelling at them, and to the point where just about every single person I know in real life has told me to shut up about it. I didn't get out to protest, and it wasn't because I don't care that much, it was because I love work more than I despise the Fords, and I don't miss work for anything. Also the Fords are really only part of this problem, all of the people that still do not realize the Fords are lying ignoramuses are a huge part of the problem. This problem is much bigger than Toronto, as was recently demonstrated by the US's House committee on science/space/technology.

Ford lies about everything, from his broken campaign promises, to his "open book" of a personal life; yet people still call him honest. How do we effectively protest that?

Regardless of whether or not he ends up being charged, if this investigation is only about whether or not Ford encouraged Sandro to make threatening calls I don't think cops are using their resources wisely. There are much more important cases Giroux could be focusing on. I've always suspected there was something bigger at play here but that's looking less and less to be the case.

A good next question would be if anything has spun off from Brazen2.

Donovan's "40 second phone call" article from last night is no longer on the Star website. Hmmm.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back