News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you asked a person who hadn't been following the news today to identity the fake headline:

1. Official Rob Ford campaign to auction off a date with an extended family member as a fundraiser.
2. Official Rob Ford campaign brings sprinter Ben Johnson on board as campaigner.

... most people would pick the wrong one.

that's not saying much, though. Lot of BS here lately, too much to wade through.

To think some people drove away Johnny Au for an awkward post every couple of days -- he wasn't really bothering anyone -- just so we could put up with the sh!t going on here lately: rudeness, inane pics, inside jokes that aren't funny, off-topic BS, an unfunny troll that everyone is applauding. Where are the moderators? My ignore list tripled in size today.

Well said.

I'm no great fan of the way TPS has handled this whole thing. Emphatically not, in fact. As Clayton Ruby asked last week: why on earth did they not stealthily sample the packages Ford & Lisi were trading? They do it all the time and if Ford was a young black man he would have been arrested long ago.

That being said, I think you should be very, very cautious about using the words "corrupt" and "police chief" in the same sentence.

"Incompetent"? That's just like, your opinion, man, but "corrupt" has a specific meaning which may well leave you open to all sorts of legal action. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm not about to accuse the Chief of Police of being corrupt until I see cold, hard evidence that he is in fact corrupt... and I'm not seeing that.

Bear in mind that I say this as someone who has in the course of this thread questioned Ron Taverner's status as a Ford family friend and what that relationship might mean about how the Fords are treated by the division run by Taverner.
The effing mayor called Blair a cocksucker. Why should I be worried, is he going to put me under surveillance for 6 months and then not press charges?!

There was massive corruption going on around the G20 "security" funding, and Blair must have been involved in all that gravy, one way or another.
Reminder here:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...licy-ahead-of-g20-report-says/article1314297/

I didn't know about that. Yep, this is what I call a gravy train!

The point of the rebate program is a good one - to encourage ordinary citizens to support campaigns (i.e. instead of corporations). It's a good tool to improve civic engagement. I think it's like $300 in Markham so Toronto's $1000 seems a bit much but then it's a bigger city with a big mayoral race.

So, putting aside how the Fords are benefiting from it, the rebates are a good program, particularly if you're a newbie trying to take out an incumbent.

We were in Jamaica a few weeks ago. I was chatting with our lovely housekeeper, explaining that I was on my laptop keeping up-to-date with our troublesome mayor. She asked "Is that the very fat man that does drugs?". I had to laugh because, even in paradise, the news of our infamous mayor filters through. I fear we will forever be connected to that clown. The damage he has done to our City seems to be permanent and irreversible. It can all be very depressing.

that's not saying much, though. Lot of BS here lately, too much to wade through.

To think some people drove away Johnny Au for an awkward post every couple of days -- he wasn't really bothering anyone -- just so we could put up with the sh!t going on here lately: rudeness, inane pics, inside jokes that aren't funny, off-topic BS, an unfunny troll that everyone is applauding. Where are the moderators? My ignore list tripled in size today.

Word.

YES.

Also, Kat, I'm very sorry for your loss, my condolences.

Ford's buddy Frank D'Angelo is a failed apple juice maker turned failed beer baron turned failed Italian food peddler turned failed Cheetah energy drink pitchman turned failed gangster film actor turned access-tv host turned ... pop star.

Prepare to cringe.

[video=youtube;_2XjV9J5KVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XjV9J5KVE[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back