News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother used to have one of those batons. They're fairly easy to get. That said my friend and I have thought a cop was behind that attack for months. We suspect we know which one too.

Remember in the ITO, Elena Basso said that cops and thugs went to her place to get the video.

Who’s gonna crack first?
Latest police wiretaps may reveal connection between the mayor, “dirty cops†and efforts to retrieve the crack video
By Enzo DiMatteo

Mayor Rob Ford should know better than anyone that he’s not exactly in the clear. In fact, the latest release of court documents in the never-ending crack scandal – which coincided with the OPP’s announcement last week that it was stepping back from the Project Brazen 2 investigation – suggests Ford has a few “dirty cops†in his pocket who may have been involved in efforts to retrieve the crack video.

This thing is not over by a long shot. It’s only grown bigger and badder. If anything, the OPP’s pulling the plug provides more clarity for Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair. It’s up to him and the provincial Crown’s office attorneys now to charge Ford.

Whether the Crown will pursue charges remains in question. In that regard nothing’s changed. In the public mind, the dark cloud hanging over Ford’s head may have lifted a little, but there’s no vindication.

More here: http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197501

I think Enzo has written to date exactly one, non speculative RoFo arrest column with primary source info. The rest are just telling us what we want to hear...

Last edited:
"But we are also hockey-hardened SOBs who were first up the hill in two world wars and fought the Taliban in the hairiest parts of Afghanistan."

Where does the Sun dream up this stuff?

Why not both? Perhaps Lisi habitually talks out of his ass when threatening people, or perhaps he had limited insight into the heat about to descend on the community, and wanted it to appear to be his leverage. When the wiretaps caught references to RoFo knowing a couple of dirty cops, and others, presumably the suited guys with both muscle and briefcases full of cash, I find that plausible.
Lisi wasn't the one who said the dirty cops comment though, right? It was an unidentified male, I think.

Selling drugs to students?? I know, more speculation. But Jimmi, did you ever hear any rumours like that?

What could it be:

- Did drugs with the kids.
- Bought drugs from the kids.
- Sold drugs to the kids.
- Sexual assault on one of the kids.
- Physical assault on on of the kids.

What could it be:

Keep in mind that the "sexual assault" might not necessarily be diddling, but perhaps providing them w/whores, gangbangs, "boys will be boys" stuff like that--never mind that said "boys" are technically minors...

Gee, an honest spelling error "rouge" rather than "rogue" (considering I don't use spellcheck or autocorrect) or simple turn of phrase "civil war" makes you suspect a "true believer" ...Do you hear footsteps are there shadows around the corner? No, I'm not a "true believer" far from it...however Pud99 and Hper I think the whole discussion becomes moot if in fact R Ford is reelected no matter what the plurality....What it says there is acceptance by the electorate of R Ford's foibles and flaws and woe to Council should they decide to restrain R Ford's powers 2014 to 2018 using the same method as previous unless and of course some greater misdeed comes to light...

Again, I do not buy the position that another win by Ford by a plurality would have to be taken as the result of some sort of referendum on his character or some sort of plebecite on how city council should exercise its discretion about delegating/not delegating some of its powers. Rather, it would most likely mean simply that the same people (a portion of the voting electorate, not the electorate - by definition a plurality would mean that a majority of the voting electorate chose others) who found him acceptable before continued to find him acceptable, not that people who voted for others last time switched their choice to Ford. Add to that a city council roughly similar to the present one and you end up back where we are today - with an overwhelming majority of councillors (elected with far more votes in total than the mayor) who do not trust Ford (for good reasons that will not have changed).

And "woe" to city council how, exactly? Councillors are no more subject to recall than is the mayor. I would suggest, indeed, that it might be the other way around; I (for instance, and I realize that is just one, anecdotal example) am telling my councillor that I will not vote to reelect her on October 27th unless I have her assurance that, in the event of a Ford reelection, she will vote again to 'undelgate' the appointment powers during his time in office.

Last edited:
What could it be:

Maybe I'm being naive, here. But if there was any inkling that any of these activities were going on, surely someone in the school who's a mandated reporter would have heard about it, and would have had a legal obligation to bring it to the police or CAS, even if the school board didn't? And if that were the case, wouldn't we have heard about an investigation, as we heard about the domestic violence charges? I wouldn't be surprised if Ford was crossing boundaries with the kids on his team in non-illegal ways or being verbally abusive, and I think the way he allowed them to become involved in his political scandals (assuming he didn't encourage it) was wildly inappropriate, but I can't believe that there's anything of this scale.

This is interesting. Ford never tries to intervene in these types of situations. Must be bad:

Mayor Rob Ford trying to keep football coaching documents secret
If I was a person standing on stage with Rob Ford, wanting to unseat him in the upcoming election, this is a story that I'd hammer away upon, even if it is mostly unrelated to his job as Mayor. Let it be known, time and time again, that Ford has been removed from his volunteer coaching positions, despite donating large amounts of money, twice, by two separate boards. And even though we don't know the specific reasons for his last removal, because he is blocking the release of information, we do know that he brought at least one criminal with drug connections (Payman, and probably Lisi) into contact with young students. If he is unfit to be a volunteer coach, how can he be fit to be mayor? This is a line of attack that would most get under Ford's skin, he'd lose any composure, as his years of coaching is the most personal part of his self-delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back