40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW

For Immediate Release
April 30th, 2014
Tonight I want to take some time to speak from my heart to the people of Toronto. It’s not easy to be vulnerable and this is one of the most difficult times in my life. I have a problem with alcohol, and the choices I have made while under the influence. I have struggled with this for some time.

Today, after taking some time to think about my own well-being, how to best serve the people of Toronto and what is in the best interests of my family, I have decided to take a leave from campaigning and from my duties as Mayor to seek immediate help.

I have tried to deal with these issues by myself over the past year. I know that I need professional help and I am now 100% committed to getting myself right.
I love the people of Toronto, I love being your mayor and I hope you will continue to stand by me.

With the support of my family, friends, professionals and the people of Toronto, I will conquer this.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers during these difficult days ahead.
I just want to say to the people of Toronto that I thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement. I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate it.

Mayor Rob Ford

from the Globe

Unlike the first notorious video that captured the mayor apparently smoking crack cocaine, the mayor is not smoking from a glass pipe, rather a metal one. Scott MacIntyre, the former common-law spouse of Kathy Ford who is now suing the mayor, said in an interview that the mayor’s sister smokes crack from metal pipes that can also be used to smoke marijuana. “All you do is put foil on top,” Mr. MacIntyre said, explaining how such a device can be converted for crack use. A metallic liner, which forms the bowl of the pipe, can be seen in the footage The Globe viewed on Wednesday.
Interesting.

I don't think the Ford Nation supporters care about this, they will support him now matter what. The guy could kill someone and they would say he's saving taxpayer money.

Depends on how broad you set the bar for "Ford Nation supporters". If you're going by IHTWORF, we're talking about the Michael Jackson marginal-nutjob contingent, those w/hangups over fluoridation or Wikipedia being biased, etc...

I didn't think he could sink any lower. I hate to think what else is recorded out there?

FWIW

For Immediate Release
April 30th, 2014
Tonight I want to take some time to speak from my heart to the people of Toronto. It’s not easy to be vulnerable and this is one of the most difficult times in my life. I have a problem with alcohol, and the choices I have made while under the influence. I have struggled with this for some time.

Today, after taking some time to think about my own well-being, how to best serve the people of Toronto and what is in the best interests of my family, I have decided to take a leave from campaigning and from my duties as Mayor to seek immediate help.

I have tried to deal with these issues by myself over the past year. I know that I need professional help and I am now 100% committed to getting myself right.
I love the people of Toronto, I love being your mayor and I hope you will continue to stand by me.

With the support of my family, friends, professionals and the people of Toronto, I will conquer this.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers during these difficult days ahead.
I just want to say to the people of Toronto that I thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement. I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate it.

Mayor Rob Ford

BmhOscJCIAAvi7E.jpg

Attachments

• BmhOscJCIAAvi7E.jpg
    BmhOscJCIAAvi7E.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 969
Re Rob's statement: This makes me think of Kubler-Ross and the five stages of grief. We've seen anger and denial. This looks like bargaining ("I'll get help and everything will be like before, OK?") We have a ways to go, folks.

(Oh, and for a truly frightening thought, let's repeat three of tonight's keywords: Ford. Beiber. Sex tape. Put the dots together, people. Yikes!)

Tabatha Southey ‏@TabathaSouthey 50m
Please let it be with Bieber. RT @goldsbie: Michael Cooke on CP24: "The rumour is that 1 of the [3 videos for sale] is a sex tape."

Edit: Cooper was 2 minutes ahead of me. Oh well.

Probably, and Rob figured he could trust a buddy of Kathy's. He just doesn't get it, he actually thinks these people like and respect him. They are playing him like a fiddle. Kinda sad.

Kathy's found herself a new boyfriend? She goes for the drug dealing type.

Some thoughts...

I wonder if this brings Brazen 2 to an end?

If Ford is in rehab, at least the surveillance portion is done. I hope they got what they needed.

Does this make an arrest imminent?

Is this rehab a preemptive strike to soften the blow of charges? I know lots of people go to rehab on the advice of their lawyers, while waiting for trial, in order to show remorse with the hopes of receiving leniency from courts.

Will Ford have a hard time getting into the US if he tries to go for rehab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back