News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Councillors voted and a new TTC Board is formed, less private citizens - Councillors Raymond Cho, Karen Stintz, John Parker, Maria Augimeri, Glenn De Baeremaeker, Josh Colle & Peter Milczyn.

Following the voting for TTC Board members Councillors nominated only two names for Chair, Councillors Karen Stinz and Peter Milczyn. Councillor Karen Stintz won 24 votes to 18 retaining her position as TTC Chair.

Last edited:
Actually I think it was 24-19 but does anybody know who the 19 were? Matt Elliott could tell us but I bet he is taking the evening off.

You'd think the mayor could get at least 20 votes given that Milczyn voted for himself. It seems like Ford has lost the support of Lindsay-Luby and one other. Well maybe that won't last but it is pretty unbelievable if there is now a clear majority in opposition to the mayor. I had a feeling this meant that Ford would lose every important vote from here to 2014. now it seems like the opposition is so far in the lead that they won't even have to count heads to make sure they can win most days. (Again, maybe some right-wingers will go back to the Mayor's side. But for now it seems Ford has really shot himself in the foot.)

Last edited:
According to GraphicMatt:

Votes for Milczyn: Del Grande, Nunziata, Kelly, Minnan-Wong, Augimeri, Fords, Mammoliti, Holyday, Crawford, Robinson, Grimes, Milczyn, Crisanti, Palacio, Di Giorgio, Shiner, Berardinetti (not sure who the other one is)

AoD

Ford is going to treat this loss as a loss to the taxpayer of Toronto. Which means he'll be in campaign mode for the next 3 years. Nothing the Fords hate more than losing. He's going to dig in deep and fight hard, because as far as he's concerned, councillor's opinions, motions, votes and actions mean sh*t. It's the taxpayer he works for. I can't imagine people continuning to falll for that line. Then again I'm still trying to figure out how people fell for any of his lines.

Ford has completely lost control of the transit agenda. The Premier and Metrolinx now have the stability they've been asking for. It seems that after the Sheppard vote takes place later this month, development of the Eglinton, Finch and Sheppard lines can proceed unobstructed for the next 2 and half years. All we can hope for is that none of the LRT lines go over budget because Ford will play to that in the election.

This evening I have entertained the idea of sending Karen Stintz a "you go girl" email. Imagine that, from me, a Cabbagetowner, in lefty Pam McConnell's riding!

Stintz is frankly serving the Mayor his head for breakfast, and Ford really has had this coming. I'd like to congratulate Karen for a positive contribution. Someone has to stand up against cronyism.

Well done, Karen Stintz.

This evening I have entertained the idea of sending Karen Stintz a "you go girl" email. Imagine that, from me, a Cabbagetowner, in lefty Pam McConnell's riding!

Stintz is frankly serving the Mayor his head for breakfast, and Ford really has had this coming. I'd like to congratulate Karen for a positive contribution. Someone has to stand up against cronyism.

Well done, Karen Stintz.
I second that! I'm a Cabbagetowner too, having voted Liberals, Dippers and Cons in Queen Park and Ottawa. I don't care what your stripes as long a I think you're the best (or least-worst) for the job.

According to GraphicMatt:

Votes for Milczyn: Del Grande, Nunziata, Kelly, Minnan-Wong, Augimeri, Fords, Mammoliti, Holyday, Crawford, Robinson, Grimes, Milczyn, Crisanti, Palacio, Di Giorgio, Shiner, Berardinetti (not sure who the other one is)

AoD

Thanks. Probably Ainslie? But there's still a couple of the usual footsoldiers missing.

Ford has completely lost control of the transit agenda.

And perhaps lost control in general. It is hard to imagine that a majority of council is going to be inclined to do him favours on any issue going forward. And I really don't know what other issues Ford has.

You dont have to be a rocket scientist.... to notice that by just getting rid of the newspapers, paper bags, flyers, plastic/glass bottles, cans, etc., littering pretty well every TTC vehicle will make them look cleaner.

Cause Ford actuaklly uses transit to even notice

Well, there are efficiencies waiting to be found in the street-vendor food-cart department. That issue did not do well under Miller. Perhaps Ford could take that cause and ride it.

This doesn't worry me so much as the fact that campaigners like Kouvalis are probably going to become more numerous in the years to come.

Well him coming back did not help Ford today, I am surprised that neither Ford got up to talk. Were they even there except for the vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back