News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Forget Ford per se; aim at Nick.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's in prison by the end of Ford's (and/or Harper's) term in office.

There was this amendment that occurred during the Monday city council meeting on the Toronto Transit Commission Governance item:

“8a – Motion to Amend Item (Additional) moved by Councillor Janet Davis (Carried)

City Council direct that potential candidates who are owners, employees or agents of companies that are engaged in business with the Toronto Transit Commission, or could be reasonably expected to engage in procurement opportunities with the Toronto Transit Commission on transit related projects, not be considered for these positions.â€

The result was carried, 42 to 2, 1 absent. The two against the motion were Doug Ford and Frances Nunziata.

The Ford brothers’ company, Deco Labels & Tags, does business selling labels to the TTC. The carried motion means that Doug and Rob, or any their employees, cannot sit on the board, as citizens in the future. Don’t know if that motion also prevented them going on the TTC board as councilors?

It does prevent Randy Ford (brother #3) from getting on the Commission.

Is he the svelte, well-behaved one of the three?

randy1.jpg

Rob Ford was seen out drinking tonight @ Bloke & 4th on King & Spadina. It's 1am on a Thursday night. Doesn't he have to run our city in the morning? By the way, drinking is not going to help his "Cut the Waist Challenge" where he's stalled for 2 weeks straight. That scale outside his office will be gone by the end of this month I bet.

After the week he has had, he probably couldn't wait till Friday to have a drink!

The ballad of the Brothers Ford

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother...
(...er, can we change that line?)

So on we go
His subways are my concern
A huge burden is it to bear
But we'll get there
For I know
He knows where the gravy is
He's got gravy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with madness
That council's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for Ferris wheels

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
Matlow may try his way
But he'll pay!
And the load
Is spun as my downfall
But Sue Levy carries my brother

Last edited:
Rob Ford was seen out drinking tonight @ Bloke & 4th on King & Spadina. It's 1am on a Thursday night. Doesn't he have to run our city in the morning? By the way, drinking is not going to help his "Cut the Waist Challenge" where he's stalled for 2 weeks straight. That scale outside his office will be gone by the end of this month I bet.
By himself or advisors or Doug. And then getting behind the wheel of his car. Afterall if he drives and still talks on his cell using his hands

While out shopping today, I heard an interview with Mr. Kouvalis on the radio. When the announcer mentioned Kouvalis' involvement with robocalls (not leaving out the city of Toronto), he basically said that the accusations were baseless, legal action was proceeding against anyone who had tried to accuse him, and then something along the lines of, "and if anyone else comes out and says it publicly, we'll sue them too". (not an exact quote).

What a bastard. I suspect this hubris - and bald attempt to frighten away free speech and open speculation - will bite him in the ass sooner than later.

Last edited:
What are the legal repercussions of this? Is it even legal to use taxpayer money on a project that was never approved by council? -And let's not even bring up the point of public money being used on Doug Ford's Portlands scheme.

Consultant on subway report paid from mayor’s office budget
KELLY GRANT
From Saturday's Globe and Mail
Published Friday, Mar. 09, 2012 9:08PM EST
Last updated Friday, Mar. 09, 2012 9:12PM EST

If there’s one thing on which Toronto’s famously frugal mayor is willing to spend taxpayers’ money, it’s a report justifying subways.

Rob Ford devoted more than 60 per cent of his 2011 office budget to researching a privately financed extension to the Sheppard subway – payments he made after the Toronto Transit Commission subsidiary in charge of the project ran out of money.

The mayor’s 2011 expenses, released Friday along with spending records for 44 councillors, reveal he paid Dr. Joanne Kennelly $31,640, including HST, for two months of work on Gordon Chong’s subway report.

That study – which concluded an underground extension of the Sheppard subway is feasible if the city is willing to implement new taxes, levies or tolls – wasn’t led by the TTC proper.

Instead, the Ford administration revived a dormant subsidiary of the transit agency, renamed it Toronto Transit Infrastructure Ltd., and used the just over $160,000 it had in savings to bankroll the project.

When the account ran dry last summer, Mr. Chong, a former chairman of GO Transit, began working for free. The mayor’s office stepped in to pay Dr. Kennelly’s research fees for September and October.

“The mayor’s never happy about spending money … that doesn’t have to be spent,” said Mark Towhey, the mayor’s director of policy and strategic planning. “He spent a lot of time looking at this to make sure that this was the best way to do it and he agreed to cost-share for this portion of it.”

As a councillor, Mr. Ford’s highest-profile crusade was against office spending. He rarely filed expenses and chastised colleagues who did. One of his first victories as mayor was reducing councillor office budgets to $30,000 from more than $50,000.

In his first full year as mayor, he spent $44,995.30, well below the $171,485.24 David Miller spent in 2010.

Mr. Ford continued to reach into his own pocket for expenses last year, paying $1,422.08 for business cards printed by his family’s label company, rather than by the city’s cheaper in-house printer.

He spent $1,499 of his own money for newspapers, including subscriptions to The Globe and Sun, and his media nemesis, the Toronto Star.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...aid-from-mayors-office-budget/article2365308/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back