News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know how accurate the "RoFo denied entry to the US" story is ... Immigration's policy is basically crimes of 'moral turpitude', drugs qualify but he's never been convicted of a drug crime and he IS the mayor of Toronto... I'm not sure he actually got denied. I think he just didn't go.

According to the Globe story, the Consul General of Canada in Chicago confirmed it [that he "voluntarily withdrew" his application]. Is he part of the conspiracy?

Someone should check the Brampton party mansion basement.

If he arrived in Chicago, am I right to think he could have boarded a second longer range plane to a different country without going through US customs? Perhaps he IS in Mexico or the Caribbean.

No. The private plane areas are not connected to the international transit locked-up pass-through areas that exist in some airports (eg, as in Miami). And in all events, it is reported that he landed at Midway, which IIRC (and unlike O'Hare) does not even have such an area.

ETA: I also think that it is the case that arriving via the private plane area substantially increased the odds that Ford would encounter a more activist US immigration agent ready to deny him entry - or let him 'skeedaddle' (a Doug word) in order to avoid being formally denied entry.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 9.04.20 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 9.04.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 9.04.20 AM.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 771
Doug Ford: "“This is the most political Customs Officer we’ve ever seen. He believes he is judge, jury and executioner,”

I am not even remotely surprised that they lied again. It's not like any of actually believed the Chicago rehab story anyways. I bet he's at his cottage having a lovely little vacation on our dime.

I don't really know how accurate the "RoFo denied entry to the US" story is ... Immigration's policy is basically crimes of 'moral turpitude', drugs qualify but he's never been convicted of a drug crime and he IS the mayor of Toronto... I'm not sure he actually got denied. I think he just didn't go.

Nigella Lawson also has never been convicted of a drug crime - and I expect that at least some senior people at US immigration know well that the internet has been full of outrage about her being refused entry to go to the US to appear on TV while Ford was allowed to do so even though he was in the same situation - ie, had confessed to using cocaine (in her case powder; in his crack).

Last edited:
According to the Globe story, the Consul General of Canada in Chicago confirmed it [that he "voluntarily withdrew" his application]. Is he part of the conspiracy?

Someone at the G&M was bright enough to know that US immigration will answer questions from a Counsel General's office, or an Embassy, about citizens of that foreign country that they will not talk about to reporters.

The US can (and will) deny you entry if they think you are likely to commit a crime while in the US. Rob Ford is an admitted crack smoker who was caught on tape last weekend smoking crack. He was also investigated by the police for "actions suggestive of drug trafficking."

You are innocent until proven guilty once you are in the US, but up to that point, they have no obligation to let you into the country, and they can (and will) deny your application to enter on only the suspicion of wrongdoing.

Doesn't necessarily mean that Ford was on it, but there was a Dassault Falcon 10 registered to the "Craig Evans Corporation" that departed Chicago Midway at 4:05pm EDT on Thursday May 1st, and landed in Hamilton ON. http://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=mdw&destination=cyhm

As we may recall, it was a Falcon 10 registered to FlightExec (which is the operating name of the Craig Evans Corp.) that is rumoured to have taken Ford from Buttonville to Chicago Midway earlier in the day.

I do believe this 'rehab' gig was intended to get Rob out of town for the duration of the provincial election.

he went off to "rehab" before the provincial elections were called. Unless Doug is in with Andrea Horwath and knew she was going to say no to the budget beforehand (which caught many political commentators offside), then that's not likely.

Except the RoFo story broke before the NDP announcement. I think when a picture of you with a crack pipe in your hand is plastered all over the news, rehab is the only option. Yes, we all were pretty sure he smoked crack before, but none of us had actually seen the evidence of that until this week.

I think you are really giving these guys too much credit. DoFo thinks that regardless of what they do, it won't stick to them since it never has at any time in the past. I also think that given that the Brothers Jones aren't actually that close, DoFo is probably pretty confident the foibles of his brother won't taint him down the road.

Yes *but* the budget was planned to come out already that day and speculation was clear that an election would be called. I say it's still reasonable that they ditched Robbie to get hudak elected

No he would have to go through US customs first. Midway is predominately domestic (maybe some Mexican destinations) but very limited.

Yeah, from having watched several fly on the wall / reality tv series about border police / immigration, they send you back where you came from, not on to another country, when they turn you away from the border.

It's a common thing - they invite you to withdraw your application (so that in a year's time you can re-apply if you can get your pardon or whatever) rather than just bar you from the country (for a lot longer than a year). And moral turpitide when you admit to drugs is enough. Look at what happened with Nigella Lawson - same thing, she admitted doing coke years ago, but was similarly invited to withdraw her application this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back