News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the last thing Warmington said about Doug Ford running for Mayor? Is that what LeDrew said they would leave for another day? Did I hear that right?

This tweet made my day:

@80sDougFord: Rob's totally in rehab. With four other kids: a jock, a brain, a basket case and a princess. They're writin' an essay #topoli

And now I've got "Don't you forget about me" stuck in my head...damn you 80sDougFord....damn you all the way to detention...

Maybe have him ask her why she didn't take a photograph. I'm leaning towards believing her, myself.
Maybe she didn't think to. I've been in unexpected situations before where whipping out my phone and taking a photo wasn't something that I thought about doing until after the fact. Or, if I do think to take a photo, by the time it takes me to access my phone and turn the camera on, the moment has passed.

Last edited:
reporterdonpeat 1:48pm via Web
"I hope he's not calling people about potholes while he's seeking treatment" Cllr John Filion on Mayor Rob Ford.

This just got weirder. My son knows the girl who tweeted. Says he doesn't think she has any reason to lie.

Pointing out the obvious, perhaps, but it's possible for her to be both sincere and mistaken.

I'd believe anything at this point, probably, but I won't believe anything in the Ford story anymore without a real journalist actually verifying it with a source or two.

From cp24:

Despite Doug Ford’s claim that his brother is not in an outpatient setting, there has been at least one reported sighting of the mayor out and about.
A young woman said she saw Rob Ford alone at a Tim Hortons in The Junction on Tuesday morning.
Cayla Clarkson said she was walking to school when she and another passersby spotted a man, who appeared to be the mayor, as he got out of a vehicle.
“I said, ‘Is that Rob Ford?’ and they said, ‘Yeah,’” Clarkson told CP24.
She said the man was wearing a black suit when he entered the coffee shop and a grey sweat suit when he exited and drove away.
She opted not to snap a photo of him with her cellphone.
“He did not look pleased. I just didn’t want to make him upset,” Clarkson said.
Tim Hortons employees who were working Wednesday afternoon told CP24 their co-workers served the mayor.
They said he was recognized by a customer as he ordered some food and coffee, and he appeared to be alone.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/ford/quest...whereabouts-treatment-1.1809858#ixzz313NNaCAt

It's not the changing clothes at Tim's that clinches this RoFo sighting for me. It's angry middle aged man "checking out" a school girl.

No way is Ford in a provincially-funded rehab program because he wouldn't be able to get in immediately and it's almost certain that he wouldn't be taking calls on his cell and wandering the Junction.

But there are several private facilities in the area that will take your tens of thousands up front and offer you a "rehab" program. This Muskoka rehab resort was mentioned on Twitter.

By the way, did anybody notice they stole their logo from Vancouver Winter Olympic Games? LOL. Wonder if I should report them to the Canadian Olympic Committe.

Thanks ThoughtArcade. Any thoughts on what other programs might fit the bill for morning group therapy/afternoon 1/1 counseling on outpatient basis? With 72 hour detox? And would let someone start two days after calling?

I find it hard to believe he's in rehab, but still curious about the possibilities....

Honestly, no. I actually thought I knew where he was (if indeed he was in rehab) for a while up until this morning. The pieces seemed to fit for me, but I was afraid to ask because if he was there my head would explode (as I would have seen it as a horrible betrayal of what the place stood for, in particular the allowances they would have and to have made for him to be there). Finally I asked, and it seems he wasn't there (which I'm purposely not naming).

That being said there are a number of extremely private programs that are very expensive. They purposely keep a low-profile to maintain anonymity. I know some people who went to work for those (and indeed I was approached a few times). The people who went to work there quit (despite the good pay) because the programs were a joke. Many of those programs don't even have names. They don't advertise because they don't have to.

So, my best guess is one of those.

That being said, I think MetroMan may be close to correct when he says "Find his shrink's house". That essentially amounts to the same as the above.

I would have been VERY surprised to see Rofo at Bridgeway. It's not terribly anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back